Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 12/20/2016 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I hope to heck these are permanent, because the quality is amazing for such a low price point. I have a couple of their LE liquid lips; one is lovely and the other not so much. The Catsuit formula seems to be their perfected product: it is easy to apply, feels light and not terribly drying. I bought Flame of the Game which is close to Jeffree Star's Anna Nicole, but $12/$13 less AND available from your local Walgreens, no shipping fees required.
The staying power is excellent yet removes easily with a biphasic type makeup remover ( I use Garnier WP Micellar water). The line is cruelty free ( not sure about vegan) as are all WnW products. I definitely plan on getting at least one more; you could get nearly the entire set for the price of one higher end liquid lip.
I have tried Stila, KVD, Sephora brand, Jeffree Star and various independent merchants on Etsy and I maintain this formula is at the top of the list ( also fond of Sephora's as well.)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are actually pretty nice. I bought oh my dolly, rebel rose, pink really hard and nudist peach. All of them are beautiful colors. They last nicely and don't get gunky, patchy or grotesque looking like a lot of mattes (especially cheaper ones) do. On sight I didn't like the applicator at first because it's so curved but it actually works just fine, although I do feel like you have to be pretty precise and careful when applying these but actually the extremely curved applicator helps with that. I absolutely hate the scent, it's very strong and reeks of chemicals and is generally disgusting but it goes away right after you apply and the color dries/sets. I love that these are cruelty free and vegan too! Another great product from wet n wild! I'm impressed with this brand lately!

on 12/10/2016 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've always LOVED Wet n Wild's products & this time they've outdone themselves!

I bought this in Give Me Mocha & after wearing it for only 3 hours I'm just about ready to replace all my HG ColourPop liquid lipsticks!

This formula seems to be completely comfortable to wear for hours & it's not drying whatsoever. The color is also opaque, goes on evenly & doesn't streak. The wand is kind of "hook" shaped or it has a dip in the middle which allows a lot of ease of application along the edges of my lips where I often mess up.

I even tested a swatch of ColourPop vs. Wet n Wild while washing my hands with soap + warm water. ColourPop's swatch smudged all over the place whereas WnW's swatch simply faded BUT there was no bleeding or smuding! I love it!

Unfortunately, I haven't tested its lasting power while eating or drinking, so I'll update maybe after I grab more colors ;)

UPDATE March 23, 2017: Nudie Patootie is patchy & applies unevenly & very sheer with 1 application.

on 12/13/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy cannoli, Wet n Wild!!

I picked this up (after pounding some serious pavement trying to find it) in Rebel Rose in hopes that it might be a dupe for Queen B by Too Faced, and boy did it rise to the occasion! Unlike Queen B, this doesn't develop a whitish scuzz around the inner rim of my lip. The color of Rebel Rose is a near spot on dupe for Queen B, and the formula outperforms it across the board.

This is comfortable and budge-proof, but like any liquid lipstick, won't hold up against greasy meals. I wouldn't say it's hydrating (if you're looking for moisture, matte lipsticks of any kind will not be for you), but it's not drying at all.

I've heard these are comparable to the Jeffrey Star liquid lipsticks in terms of formula, but having never tried one of the JS lipsticks, I cannot attest to that. However, I will say that the packaging is suspiciously similar.

The doe-foot applicator is a bit bigger and has a divot in the middle which makes it curl around your lips perfectly. Application truly is a dream. This shade isn't streaky at all, and the shape of the applicator makes creating a nice, crisp lip line very easy.

At $5, you really can't go wrong. This was everything I wanted Queen B to be and more, and for a fraction of the price. I will definitely be picking up other shades from this range.

Editing to add: This stuff reapplies very well. If it does fade (which is really only around the inner edge of the lips after eating), you can reapply a thin layer without it getting clumpy or flaky. It's as if adding a thin layer on top "reactivates" the dry layer and allows it to move a bit so you don't get a flaky mess. That alone sends this into the top spot for liquid lipsticks for me. Honestly, this is the best formula I've tried, hands down.