LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

I am in love with this palette. I have green/grey eyes, so these colors work wonders for me. I think there is a pretty even mix of glitter to more matted shadows and this was one of the main reason I chose this palette. It allows me to dress it up for going out, or dress it down for a more professional setting. The shadows stay on for a good 10-12 hours, although they do crease you can easily fix it. I have yet to try the primer that accompanies this product, because I have my own personal favorite. However, as soon as that one runs out I will be trying Loracs! I highly recommend this palette for anyone with green eyes because the choices are diverse and you can find something that goes with just about every occasion/outfit and it lasts!

on 4/12/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Adore this palette. As others have said, yes, a lot of the shades lean towards having a rosy hue. I don't mind this for the most part as long as there's a good balance of shimmer and matte shades, which there certainly is. The shades are extremely pigmented and very high quality.

on 3/28/2012 12:54:00 AM

After reading online reviews for this product, I was expecting to be impressed, but I wasn't. There is too much "rose" or too many reddish tones in these shadows. They make my eyes look "off" and they certainly don't brighten them the way UD Naked 1 palette does. My coloring is fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, I lean cool but can wear many warmer shades. I'm not quite sure exactly why these Lorac shadows didn't do it for me. I didn't think the buttery texture or easy of application like with Urban Decay was there in the Lorac product. If the colors suited my better and were less "ruddy," maybe I'd keep this palette, but as it stands now, it's probably going back to Sephora and I will keep Naked 1 and possibly Naked 2.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This seems to be the palette of the moment, and it will transition us all into the spring and summer. Coffee, chocolate, caramel, rich rose gold, mauves, and burgundy are a new trend for a gradual smokey eye. I think it's more interesting than basic brown or gray/black. I always love the quality of Lorac palettes. They put a lot of thought into them, and they are the same quality as the rest of the Lorac line. This palette is smaller in person than it seems in photos, so be aware of that. It is also $40, more expensive than Too Faced, not as expensive as Urban Decay. If you're not going to use it, then I don't see a point in buying it. I would swatch all of these under a good primer to see how they look on your skin tone. Overall, it's a unique palette, and I love it. There are a lot more reviews for this on Sephora's website, over 80 reviews already, and 99% positive.