GUERLAIN Vol de Nuit

GUERLAIN Vol de Nuit

4.3

on 12/22/2002 6:45:00 AM

This is such a fantastic fragrance, I was wearing Shalimar vor a long time, but recently it seams that everybody has re-discovered it, so I had to find something else...If you like Shalimar or Mitsouko, or L'Heure Bleu, you will definitely love this one. It's just pitty that I have the EDT..
Now I have the pure perfume - it is really divine! I still think that the EDT is a lovely option, the perfume is not stronger or much richer, but it lasts longer - something that the EDT unfortunately is not very good...Te pure perfume is more soft and creamy, the EDT-more spicy. But they are very much alike, which is unusual for an old Guerlain, where the pp is almost a different fragrance from the EDP, which is very different from the EDT.

on 11/21/2002 2:35:00 PM

I tried a sample of this that manon sent me (many thanks!). What a wonderful scent! I had, for some reason, never tried this one even though I'm something of a Guerlain-aholic. I don't have the notes to this one, but I know that it has bergamot and other citrus in the top and spices and some florals (I'm guessing iris) throughout. This scent started off as a light, sophisticated oriental on me and then dried down into this gorgeous, powdery, glamorous perfume. It's feminine and sexy, but also a little tough. This is no cream-puff perfume. Makes me think of Katherine Hepburn, for some reason. The drydown is a bit woodier and has the famous Guerlain signature to it. I must find myself a bottle of this stuff and fast!

Popular Fragrances