Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Finally! A primer that works for all skin types. It adjusts to you and your skin. I've tried tons of primers for oily skin, combo skin, acne-prone skin, aging skin, to go under mineral makeup, regular foundation, you name it and this stuff is the best hands down. The price is cheap, you get a lot of product and the packaging is simple. My foundation looked flawless on top of this stuff and it didn't seep into my pores. HG status!

on 4/7/2009 11:54:00 PM

THANK GOODNESS!! Finally a non-silicone primer that gets the job done. Lightweight, fast-absorbing, long-wearing, smoothing, soothing, and pleasantly (but faintly) scented, this primer goes on quickly and is still holding on my make-up at the end of the day. Spreads evenly and I don't need to use a ton, so the tube should last a while. 'Helps to hold down the shine, too. Great stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Finally, a primer that works for me! I recently sampled MUFE's HD primer, which was ok, but seemed to leave minor breakouts behind on me. Stila's Hydrating Primer I didn't understand at all.

I wore my makeup today and realized that I forgot to put on the primer. My makeup looked funky and wore off very quickly in my humid apartment. The primer has a light citrus smell and makes your skin feel nice and silky. I have found that it really increases the staying power of my makeup and that I can even use it on my eyelids with no problem. At $28, it costs less than many other primers.

on 4/7/2009 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've tried other primers before, I was once a huge fan of silicone primers because I loved the slippery feel, then I realized they were one of the main causes of my breakouts. So I had to scratch them out. Because of my previous breakouts, I needed heavy coverage and I hated not being able to use a primer because at the end of the day, my MU would be blotchy and cakey looking no matter what I did.

Then I heard about this primer! I've been using this primer for about 4 days now, and I know this may be premature, but I can't help but add another rave to it! I am extremely acne-prone, and so far getting everything under control with RAM, and this primer doesn't aggravate my skin at all. It smells light and citrus-y, and I love how it manages to moisturize AND control oil all day long. It's 2:48pm right now, and by this time my MU is normally hideous, and it still looks as fresh as it did this morning. It's a miracle, lol.

You get a pretty sizable tube for a good amount, and you only need a little to set your MU. I put a little more than pea-sized amount on, allow it to dry for about 2-3 minutes, then proceed with my concealer and MMU and voila. Hardly a touch up all day! I am now a huge fan of Korres.

Update: Been using it for more than 2 weeks now, and it has quickly become something I will never never be without. I'm happy to say I've had more than 2 weeks now of perfect MU! Whoohoo! So excited. Will repurchase again and again. continued >>

on 4/5/2009 1:01:00 PM

So I have never used a primer before and since I have combination skin that is prone to monthly breakouts, I have stayed away from silicone based primers. I really didn't think I needed a primer until I was on a flight and I pulled out my compact to touch up and was in SHOCK about how badly my makeup looked in the sun. My pores looked huge, my makeup was splotchy on the side of my face......why didn't anyone tell me? Probably because it looks fine indoors....who knows. In any case, I picked up this primer based on reviews that I read on Sephora's site. I am AMAZED how smoothly this primer goes on and how easily my makeup goes over it. Concealer was a little tricky to put on, but I've learned you have to wait about a minute before the primer sets before you apply any makeup, especially concealer. My makeup lasts longer and my pores don't look big and full of makeup. It's great! Now I've been only using it for a week, so I cannot attest if this will cause any breakouts, which is always a concern, but so far, so good!
UPDATE: I have such a love/hate relationship with the "primer". I agree with other users here. It's great as far as making the make-up application go on so smoothly and not making me breakout. But, alas, this does nothing what a primer claims to do and makes me SO incredibly shiny and oily. I am so sad as I have nowhere else to turn when it comes to primers.