Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 2/27/2002 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I liked this cleanser...I even kept it around as a stand by for when I run out of the good stuff. I swear this stuff makes me break out...I even cleansed once then repeat! UGH! I thought it was something else I used and everytime I asked someone they'd say "It can't be the Cetephil" I have been using Paula's choice faithfully for 3 months and I started to run out of the cleanser. Instead of buying "just" the cleanser online I wanted to wait till I needed toner too..anyway to make a long story short I used the Cetaphil Normal to Oily cleanser and broke out really bad. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal to some, but since I have suffered since puberty with mild acne and finally had a beautiful face with Paula's choice I am bummed! It may work for some, but I won't be buying this again!

on 2/22/2002 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This has nothing over Pond's cleanser and toner in one. Hate the strong old lady smell.

on 2/9/2002 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not like this non foaming, cleanser. It does not remove makeup well, leaves a film on my face, hate the consistency, hate the smell, the only thing I like about this is the price and even that can't make me like this cleanser.

on 1/25/2002 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this was good, however i really miss the "foaming action" of my usual cleansers....

on 1/22/2002 3:38:00 AM

This product is okay. I use it a few times a week because I'm sure if I used it twice a day, my face would get very dry. I have oily skin, but this still makes my face feel a bit tight. Also, I really, really do not like the fragrance. A yucky floral, medicinal smell that almost made me return it the first time I used it. If regular Cetaphil did not exist, however, I'd probably use this because it's still more gentle than most drugstore cleansers. As of now, regular Cetaphil is my fave. At least this has a convenient pump.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this cleanser yet. I generally like very foamy cleansers & while this does foam up better then regular Cetaphil, it quickly goes away once it hits your face. Although, it did pass my after washing toner test, there was nothing on the cottonball telling me that it did a great job removing makeup & dirt. And my face feels much smoother & softer, I guess I'll have to get used to that not a lot of lather feel. :P

on 12/11/2001 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What is there not to love? Great price, availability at your local drugstore...and the best part: it does what it says that it will do! This cleanser thoroughly cleans your face, removes your makeup, and does not strip your skin. Also, there's no fancy hype or otherwise irritating ingredients in here to fuss about or justify raising the price exorbitantly. This is simply a phenom product!

on 11/25/2001 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser is cheap and great. It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, no parched or dry feeling. It cleans off makeup as well as oil and dirt.

on 10/1/2001 3:22:00 PM

A great gentle cleanser for oily skin. I rotate this one in my routine often when my skin is in need of clearing up.

on 9/4/2001 10:57:00 PM

I used to look for cleansers with all kinds of fancy ingredients in them, but after using Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser I am starting to believe many MUAers' claims that less is more when it comes to a cleanser. All I know is that I've got cleansers from four other (high end) brands sitting in my shower, and almost every time I go to wash my face I reach for the Cetaphil instead. It cleans thoroughly and gently without stripping or irritating my skin, it's easy to dispense because of the pump it comes with, and it only costs like $5!! I've noticed that because the Cetaphil is so gentle, my skin actually feels less oily during the day because it doesn't have to compensate for the stripping it was getting from my old cleansers. Those Origins and Awake tubes might just sit in my shower forever!!! The only minor thing I have to complain about is that I don't really like the smell of the Cetaphil-- too plasticky. But I'm getting used to it.