Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.6

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 7/27/2005 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tested this at Sephora and wore it throughout an evening out. This has to be, hands down, one of the finest blushes I have ever tried. Super pigmentation, a beautifully balanced blend of dark peach and pink powder which glides on like silk (no kidding - the marketing cliche really works here), and even on top of a heavily moisturized face I was able to get it properly blended. It does have glimmer - very finely milled glitter. While I don't wear things with glitter (unless I am going out dancing at 2 am), I would recommend this to anyone who is fine with the glimmery stuff. I can't possibly rave about this enough. The fact that Scarlett Johansson is wearing this on the cover of this month's Allure, should keep this selling like hotcakes for a couple more years - but it deserves the hype. The only down side is the price tag - a pretty big down side. This is an investment - so be sure that the glimmer and the shade are good for you; it does come with a little brush.

on 7/17/2005 2:13:00 PM

Chanel sucker that I am, I immediately fell for the beautiful colors in the Fall '05 collection, including this lovely blush. I took it home and compared it to my other Chanel blushes, and at first I thought that it was nearly identical to Chanel's ROSE BRONZE. Upon closer scrutiny in the daylight, I found that Rose Bronze has more red, while Orchid Rose is more neutral in the pan, but then I swiped a sample of each onto white paper, and it was quite hard to tell the diffence.
It has the signature Chanel blush rose scent, which I adore. It also is shimmery--not a matte blush at all. It is also very pigmented so I use my Lancome "skunk" brush to apply it....this light-application brush deposits the perfect amount of color and shimmer for me.

on 7/6/2005 5:14:00 PM

I am a self-confessed blush-a-holic always looking to expand my collection. Orchid Rose is part of the Fall 2005 Collection and is a medium plummy pink shade with iridescence. The lasting power is fabulous. Like many Chanel products, the blusher smells of roses. I love the chic black case with the embossed white interlocking C's on the lid. My only gripe with these blushers is they contain mineral oil which is not good for my acne prone skin. Yet I am a sucker for many things Chanel. EDIT: Love the color but it's too mauvey on me, so I gave it to a friend.

Very pricey blush (retails for $38.50) but you do get what you pay for. This blush is incredibly silky and pigmented, a little goes a long way (that's why I'm not sure if I should spend all that much, because I won't be able to finish them anyway). The color, as described below, is plumy pink with pinkish-tonal shimmer. Very pretty. On my cheeks, the shimmer looks more like a glow, very subtle & understated. Love the color but, again, the price is a bit prohibitive. Anyone knows any good, cheaper substitute, please page me!

Updated: The color of this blush is actually more apricot/pinkish peach, similar to Stila CC in Camelia, not at all mauve (or as I understand mauve = purplish, plumish pink). I also found out that Stila Fade looks the same colorwise as this one but without shimmer. continued >>

Hmm, strange... when I tried it on at Nordstrom, this looked more peachy pink than plummy pink... On my cheeks, it also looks more peachy pink. But when I came home and took it out under my bathroom sink lights, it looks light plummy pink.... But this is a great blush, good pigmentation, fine powdery finish. The only downside is the shimmer... I am not so fond of shimmery blushes as they make my pores look huge... but nice color!

What can make me not notice all the other blushes in my collection? Chanel Orchid Rose and the wonderful pink plummy flush it gives me.
Incredbly pgmented so it lasts all day and is easy to apply and blend.
I would imagine this color being wonderful for all except the darkest skinned complexions. A perfect English Rose blush is provided by Orchid Rose!