Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.3

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 8/17/2005 9:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I tried this a long time ago and all I can remember is how much I didn't like it. It must have been that it was too drying since that's what most people complain about. My skin is combo, BTW.

on 6/22/2005 3:45:00 PM

...makes my face feel so soft! a friend reccommended this to me. very very cheap....i have yet to see what it does for my acne, but the friend that suggested me to try this said that her dermatologist told her to try purpose, since pro activ might be too harsh for her skin..hopefully it works to clear up my skin soon!

This product feels nice and I like the fact that it's unscented and uncolored. I don't feel like my face gets thoroughly cleaned though.

on 2/11/2004 12:25:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have tried them all, swearing that I thought I had to stick with an entire brand/line of products in order to get success. Not true. This is a staple, that's why all the dermatologists recommend. Whether my face is leaning oily or dry (depending on climate or my increasing age), I always come back to this. It gets rid of my makeup and doesn't overstrip. Sure, it could have a heavenly scent, or something like that, but it's a great cleanser that I will always keep around! UPDATE 4/13/2007: I realized that the ingredients are extremely similar to J & J Head ot Toe Babywash, so I use that now. I think it's the same stuff, but marketed in a cheaper bottle. I have been using for years now.

on 8/8/2004 3:21:00 AM

This is a great basic cleanser for me. It didn't irritate my face and it removed all my makeup. And it is pretty cheap!

on 6/15/2005 9:39:00 PM

Got a sample of this at my dermatologist's office and love it! I like the smell a lot, and it foams up and gets my skin soooo clean without leaving it feeling tight and dry...I'll definitely buy this!

on 11/27/2003 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm in love with this cleanser. It lathers, cleans well without stripping my skin, leaves no residue, and comes with a pump which easily locks. The only thing it does not do is take off my mascara very well, but I wear a fiber mascara. I have to roll the fibers off my eyes, but afterwards my eyes are fine, no rubbing needed. I was using the Sage line before this and I have to say it's just as good as the Sage cleanser and soooooo much cheaper.

on 4/24/2003 6:45:00 PM

I love it! I've tried many different things including extremely expensive skincare and I always come back to this. Foam enough to remove makeup and cleanse throughly, but not so foamy that it strips. For drier skins, the new moisturizing formula is great, I use that in the winter. Certainly worth a try for $5. I recommend using a face brush w/ it (mine is from Body Shop) as it helps the foam and cleaning power. Lasts a long time.

Popular Face Skincare Products