Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 1/30/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this product! My skin complexion is on the "darker" tan scale, it's difficult finding warm eye shadow tones that show up with my skin complexion, this palette is magic! Super pigmented, color applies onto the skin so effortlessly. There are numerous looks you can achieve with this palette, the color combination is plenty. I would definitely recommend this palette to everyone. Totally worth $42 AND it comes with a pretty decent brush. Love it and would buy it again!

on 1/22/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am so disappointed in this after all the massive, relentless hype. Just touching it for the first time with a fingertip, I was shocked that the dark shades were dry and gritty. They felt like an old Cover Girl or Rimmel quad. What??? The paler shades are very creamy but there is nothing new here. Most importantly, I don't get this craze for red eyeshadows. Sure they are beautiful colours but it's too easy to look ill when you put red around your eyes. OK I have seen some youtubers using just the brown and cream shades and it looks great. But why buy this when those are in every palette? It's funny, when I went to Sephora the Anastasia display was not where it used to be (in the back, on a little display at the end of an aisle). So I looked in the middle of the store and there it was. The star. Taking up an entire lengthwise aisle. They are no longer a "little" obscure company. Obviously they are very, very popular. But I won't be having red rimmed eyes, thanks. Any of the palettes in my stash have most of the useful colours in here. The funny thing is I still want to like it after reading all the glowing, adoring reviews. Maybe it's me and I should try harder to make it work. Or maybe I just got a bad batch.

Update: I have since read that there are, indeed, bad batches that were rushed into production to meet the demand after all the hype. It's a shame they can't have quality control.

I normally gravitate towards cooler colours, I'm an NW15 with dark hair and eyes and with slight redness to my cheeks. Having previously bought naked one and deciding bronze and gold were not my colours I had resigned myself to the fact that warmer colours just didn't look good on me. However, after hearing so many glowing reviews of this palette I thought why not give it a try- if it doesn't suit you then you know for sure not to buy a warmer palette again. I am so glad that I did!

The colours are beautiful- rich, deep and vibrant. The pigmentation- oh jings. I am now wondering what the hell I was thinking with my collection of urban decay palettes. They seem a wee bit lacklustre in comparison. One light dip of the brush is enough for proper colour payoff. They also wear well on my oily lids throughout the day.

I know that I'm gushing a bit here, but I feel like this palette has broken me out of my taupe eyeshadow rut. If anyone is on the fence about it, I recommend that you give it a go. It is one of the few products truly worth the hype IMO.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is worth every penny. She is the reason I started to use these colors in my daily makeup. I love love love ...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! The pigmentation is vibrant with a buttery like texture not to mention the packaging is so cute! Shades Cyprus umber, red ochre and buon fresco are most definitely a stand out forme♥️ if you're a makeup enthusiast you need this palette in your life !

This palette is worth the hype. The colours are SO intense and pigmented. I barely touch the brush to the shadow and I get a swash of color. I'm a cool toned NC 15/20 and they work for me. Cooler toned neutrals would probably look better... but this is a palette for experimentation, fun, and bold looks. Not a "safe" palette like the Naked line or even Too Faced. Just have to be careful which combinations are used, and what lipstick you finish off with, thats all.

on 1/13/2017 11:44:00 AM

I didn't understand the hype. This palette didn't appeal to me and I didn't want to buy it. So naturally I went ahead and bought it.
When people were saying the pigmentation was amazing, I didnt know what they meant. I mean every eyeshadow I own has pigmnent. But its true, the shadows apply well and non patchy. I don't need to sit there and keep rubbing my brush on it to pick up the product. The quality of the shadows are consistent through the whole palette.
As far as the colour range goes, they work very well on my NC20 skin tone. I lean more cool but I can still pull off the warmer colours. This palette contains everything I need for lid, highlight, line, crease and transition. Another thing I really like about it is that the colours stay true on my skin for my whole work day. I use a primer but most of what I own will fade and look dull after 6 hours even with primer. These don't. The fallout is very minimal and thats important to me.
If you're thinking of getting it, bite the bullet!

on 1/11/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a miss for me altough shadows are of great quality. Mainly because i fell for hype not thinking if the colour range is good for me. So if you have fair to light skin with yellow undertones, blue/ gray eyes and neutral to cool blonde hair, think again if you think of buying it. Ive found that most looks i can get from this dont suit my complexion/eyes/hair.

This is my go to palette if I want to be extra glamorous and all prettied up although it is an awesome palette for daily use, too (I have the Tartelette in Bloom which I'd bought much earlier for everyday use). Got it in November 2016 when burgundy eyes were all the rage, and this palette gives the most flattering burgundy eyes I've seen on me - and my sister and mum and a few other people whose shades vary from light (NC15) to deep (NC45+). Now that spring mode is on, the palette is still a staple for warm colours that you can't really go wrong with. It isn't very often that I find a palette with all wearable colours but I can use all the shades in this one (NC37-40 for reference), which makes it super cost effective for me.

I have never found a more pigmented palette of shadows, either; just a gentle tap of your brush is all you need and you get great colour payoff which lasts for hours (although I do use a primer underneath - force of habit). Each shade is also very soft and blendable and easy to work with.

The brush it comes with is also very useful. It isn't the softest but it works - the size is also just right for packing on and blending the shadows. My only gripe is the velvet box which can get dirty very easily. Mine has stayed clean because I keep it in its box (all my makeup stays in boxes until the boxes no longer look like boxes).

All in all a great palette to have, if you need just one neutral palette that takes you from day to night, this is it (even UD Naked, which I tried to love and bought twice, is a flop by comparison).

on 1/6/2017 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The last thing I needed was yet another eyeshadow palette. But I had a 20%-off coupon from Ulta and had heard good things, so I figured, what the hey, try it, if I don’t like it I can return it.

There is NO WAY I am returning this! By far the best palette I have ever bought, and I am talking better than all the MACs, better than all the Kat Von Ds (and certainly more interesting), better than all the Too Faced thingies, better than all the Stilas, better than all the Tartes and Tartelettes, better than all the LORAC Pros, better than all the UD Nakeds, better than pretty much everything.

Why is it better? Pigment. Holy cow, is there pigment. The only palette I own that comes close to this pigment is the UD Pulp Fiction quad from years back, but no other UD palette has ever come close to that, and now Anastasia BH has surpassed it.

It’s also better because of the color selection. Such interesting, warm, non-everyday colors – that you can still wear every day. Plus, each color is buttery soft, easy to blend, not at all chalky and really, really pops. There’s this sort of pale-mauvey pink in there called Buon Fresco that you think is going to be subtle, but no … it POPS! There’s also a nice mix of mattes and shimmers – and when I say “shimmers” I do mean “shimmers,” I don’t mean chunky glitter bombs.

For reference I’m NW20 with blue eyes and cherry-red hair. Hope this review helps someone!