Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

I generally won't do a review until I have used a product for a little while but wanted to give others some information on the shades. I went to a local salon which had very bad lighting and was having trouble deciding. I went outside to look to try to decide on a shade. The BB1 on this line is going to be great for you super duper pale gals! Finally a line that remembers us paler gals. BB1 is kind of an odd shade as I remember...not really pink and not yellow...very neutral. The BB3 shade to me looked much more pink than the BB5 which has stronger yellow tones...almost freaked me out it was so yellow but looks fabulous on. I am right now between NC15 and NC20 but will be NC 15 in winter and I think this BB3 is going to be perfect for winter. The BB3 might be a little too light for a true NC20. I waited for this to oxidize,..for the first time....kinda hoping it would turn a little darker but it didnt seem to do this. Get color matched before buying. The price is sky high...BUT you only use an amount smaller than a pea and its almost twice the size of for example, Maybelline's BB cream. I am one who tends to sometimes use too much foundation but truely, you only need a small amount for great coverage so the price isn't that bad since this 1.7 oz bottle will probably last you forever! I had been using Maybelline's BB cream...which I liked but limited coverage and was using so much of it trying to get some coverage that I could see going through it quite fast so the cost of this Jane Iredale seems to be good considering you use such a tiny amount. It gives off a glow but not the oil slick of Garnier's and slightly less shiny than Maybellines. I will update again once I have worn it for a while but I do think I will like it. I have not tried the primer as of yet that they now have out. I did call Jane Iredales customer support once and when I asked if the BB1 and BB3 were pink or yellow, I was told they ALL had yellow undertones in them. This was not currect and I really think the BB1 is truely neutral...very very pale and the BB3 is more pink than BB5. Good luck! Can't wait to see what others think! I never buy anything without checking with all you gals so took a risk since there was only one reviews out there before mine. :)

EDIT 8-21-12: Have been wearing this and loving it. No break outs. Love the coverage. I DO have combo skin so am trying to decide what powder to use to set it with. It has a dewey finish initially and if you apply powder, you will look cakey as it picks up too much powder initially...wait to set with powder. I have noticed througout the day my face has a glow and I touched my face to see if it felt greasy...it doesn't...just glowy...almost feels matte but doesnt look matte. LOVE IT. I did buy the primer which I do think helps with application.

Edit march 2013, I have long stopped using this. It's just too greasy and cakey for my skin. I now use and LOVE Aveeno's BB cream which has a fair/light shade for my NC 15 skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good product, but the color selection is somewhat limited. That is the only reason I've knocked a lippie off the rating. Otherwise, if you use the new primer, Smooth Affair, this goes on and blends well -- especially with the blending brush. The coverage is medium to full -- but the colors aren't totally right for my skin for a full coverage product. My skin is light-medium. I wear fairly light in BE, and NC25 in MAC. The BB5 is a tad light, so full coverage looks chalky because it is too light for my skin. I have to go with more of a medium coverage to not look like a ghost. The BB7 is too dark and yellow. I opted for the BB5 and use it with a setting powder in translucent and a bronzer to give me a bit of color. I do like the product because it does give me a bit of a glowiness, and the coverage is really good if you can find a match. I think I'll like this more in the winter when my skin is a little paler. Oh, and it does NOT break me out. Now, I will say not to buy into the gimmick of the washcloth they give you that doesn't require soap and doesn't hold on to bacteria to help maintain your skin barrier. Using that for a couple of days with no soap to help break down sebum and remove all impurities will cause breakouts if you are acne prone. But, the foundation and primer will not cause breakouts. And, I think this is about the only BB Cream that will not break you out. UPDATE 8/21/2012: Just wanted to say that I ended up getting BB5 and BB7, and I mix them to get a perfect color. Coverage is flawless with a slight glow. I am keeping the original rating as is because I have to mix 2 colors for a perfect match. I bet a BB6 would be perfect for a lot of people.