MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

3.8

on 11/21/2008 1:58:00 AM

Definitely favorite BB cream. All the others I've tried were way too pale, and made me look slightly awkward. This one comes in two colors and the darker one is perfect for me. Also, love that it has spf in it so that I won't have to put another layer stuff on my face. coverage is light to moderate. definitely need a concealer for acne marks but I don't bother most of the time.

on 11/19/2008 2:17:00 PM

I love this bb cream! i've tried a couple but so far this is my favorite since i have super oily skin and acne-prone skin. I also like the coverage and how it makes my face look matte but not too dried out. I find that it's easier to gently pat it onto your face than rubbing or smearing. Oh and it last all day, it makes my face look natural, and the best part I love about it is that it doesn't give me that crease or wrinkle lines that foundation does. I've been using this for almost 4-5 months now and no break-outs or any of that sort.

on 10/21/2008 7:35:00 PM

What would I do without eBay?

I got really intrigued with the whole BB cream concept, but when I started looking into the different brands I realized that almost all BB cream are called whitening cream. Now since I am already white enough, I decided I was only interested in a foundation like product that had a tinted moisturizer component to it.

After much searching I found an eBay seller who had a good price ($19.99, includes S&H) so I decided to give Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream #23 a test. I must say I am pretty impressed so far but it's only been a week. It does a good job evening out my skin, and especially taking out the redness.

I like the tube. At first I thought it was really small compared to my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation, but they both contain 30 ml of product - so Missha just utilizes space better.

I am still waiting for the magic scar and wrinkle erasor component to kick in, but my skin feel smoother to the touch.

I will update my review once I've used this product for a few months.

This product is CHALKY. After applying this product
my skin looked like a put chalk on it. After wearing
it for several hours my skin turned 'Ghostlike' in color--
white. I called the company and they told me the product
can only be returned for online credit. I absolutely
do not recommend this product and the company policy
is unacceptable.

on 10/13/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know these were the *it* trend a few years back, but I've gone back to it, and am finding it a HG for natural look, especially in summer. Revising review after experimenting a lot and looking at YouTube instructions to give some guidance (which I'm sure would be helpful for any other BB cream)

1) Make sure skin properly exfoliated. It will stick if you have any flakes, and it will not be pretty.

1) Put on moisturizer. I use vitamin c serum mixed with quite a bit of sweet almond oil (and I'm fairly oily). Blot.

2) Use a tiny, tiny, TINY bit. A drop about the size of a pencil eraser. Using more than a tiny bit is what makes you look chalky, so it is essential that you use as little as possible. You can always add more where needed. Pat with a spreading motion on forehead, nose, chin, upper/lower cheeks on both sides, and little under/over eye area. Pat in. Use a tiny, TINY bit more to cover undereye and around nose if needed.

3) Do whatever else needs doing in terms of skin makeup; I generally put on only Tarte gel blush, but eyeshadow etc. would be appropriate here.

4) Use loose powder to set.

5) Mascara, of course.

6) (Optional, but especially good for summer): use a setting spray. I use Skindinavia.

7) Wait for any residual chalky/grey color to fade (see #2 above).

I would not use this for a dramatic look--daytime, natural only. But if you want to look great AND look like you're not wearing any makeup, this will give you that and will last ALL DAY long, even in summer heat.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I am a MAC NW 20; I got the #42 and was surprised to see that it is pretty pinky--would've expected the opposite.

For those of you who feel that it is too "chalky," keep in mind that this is supposed to be gently rubbed into your skin--I saw a Japanese video on YouTube on how to use it. The MA rubbed it in a bit and then patted a bit more coverage where needed. it won't work w/ a brush or other foundation application technique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in No.23, which is the darker of the 2 shades. It has a definite grayish tone that doesn't totally match my skin, but a couple minutes after applying, it blends in a little and doesn't look so obvious. I like it because it acts as a moisturizer and high SPF sunscreen as well as a foundation. It's pretty thick for a tinted moisturizer, so a little goes a long way. It doesn't look like much in the tube, but you really only need a pea-sized amount to cover the whole face. This gives medium to full coverage (you can layer it for more coverage) and a dewy finish. I just have to dab some concealer on my darker scars and I'm good to go. I don't know if I've seen any improvements in my skin from using this (that's what BB creams are for, right?) but I will continue to use it until I run out.

EDIT: I stopped using this for awhile after starting a new skin routine where my derm discouraged liquid foundations. However, the other night I tried it on again and WOW it looked so obviously gray on my face! I'm embarrassed to think of all the times I wore this out and about with my face looking a shade different than the rest of me. If it works for you, then I'm glad. But if you're unsure, look at it in natural lighting, and maybe ask a friend for an honest opinion!

on 9/24/2008 4:16:00 PM

I really love love love this Missha Perfect Cover. It provides a good coverage with manageable oil control. I have a light shade which matches my skintone (NC20) perfectly. It brightens my complexion and conceals redness and imperfections very well. I have tiny bumps and few enlarged pores, this bb cream hides them very well.

I bought it from eBay for $24+S/H. It's so much cheaper than getting a US brand tinted moisturizer since this one has anti-wrinkle, SPF, and skin brightening properties which makes it so much easy in the morning. After putting on moisturizer, I can apply this bb cream. I don't need to use any concealers or base which save a lot of times in the morning. ^^

I'm in love :) Tried this after reading the reviews here and i most certainly am happy that i did. with this bb cream (i have the lighter version) i dont need to use a primer, concealer or foundation. very good product! and for about SGD$46, i think its rather cheap

on 8/31/2008 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great product. Gave me natural coverage and didn't cake like my mineral makeup did. Looked like my skin, but better. Still had to use concealer for harder to cover acne scars, but the overall effect was still more natural. Great multi-purpose product with high sunscreen, coverage, and skincare properties. Easily spreadable on face but be sure to moisturize beforehand. Although there is slight moisture in this product, I still needed my moisturizer. Lasted all day but did not give me exceptional oil control. It was very similar to the mineral makeup and lancome foundations I was using. My skin is very oily so I don't really blame the product. Def. my new hg for foundation. I don't think I will go back to traditional foundation nor mineral makeup ever (except on top of my bb cream)!

on 8/14/2008 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So far, I love this! It's a close match to my skintone (only it's a little pink...) It felt a little thick at first, and hard to spread, but it's not sticky, which is a plus. I think it provides a more natural coverage, so, if you're tired of using foundations, just give this a go. Hopefully, I will not get any breakouts, but we'll see what happens. :)

Update: It has been two weeks since I started using this, and I have not broken out. It's definitely much better than a foundation, although oil-control as good as Missha boasts. Still, as long as you blot, this is definitely a great product for anyone out there with acne-prone skin.