MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.8

Have been using this for about 2 months now. I'm NC35-ish and I use #23. I've found you need to moisturise well before application and fingers are best for blending. It melts very well into my skin and gives a flawless poreless finish requiring only a little concealer on more serious blemishes, also quite longlasting. Love the fact it has very high SPF as well. This is my everyday "foundation" and I rarely find myself reaching for real foundation now. Since using this my skin has indeed improved. It is more refined and coloring more even. As for all the other claims it makes, I'm not sure, but it works well enough for me and will be buying again when it runs out. The tiniest bit is need to cover the whole face so my 30ml tube will last me a good while.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I am so jealous of people who had really positive reviews about this product. I am NC20, and shade 21 (the lighter shade) had a very gray tone to it, which didn't match me even a bit. I spread the BB cream on my jawline to test whether I can use it but, within 20 min my skin totally dried out and now I have flakes on my jaw :( sigh. I had similar reactions with skinfood bb cream (but took one week instead to break out) So I won't be using this product anymore :( BB creams are not for me.

I didn't have high expectations for this product because it seemed almost unrealistic for what they were advertising - e.g. whitening, SPF, anti-wrinkle, healing, etc. But honestly, it's really wonderful. When I first put it on, I didn't like it - e.g. seemed flaky, emphasized my pores and so forth but this was because I didn't moisturize my face beforehand. For this product, you MUST moisturize or else it'll look dry. After moisturizing, it blends wonderfully and looks extremely smooth - no cakiness, no dry patches. I also put this on overnight the other day (even though it's not intended to be put on at night) and my skin looked dewy when I woke up. It has excellent oil-control properties. I wouldn't suggest this for people with dry skin because I think it might be a bit too drying for them. It's perfect for combination-oily and acne-prone skin. It might look a tad "white" upon application but it adjusts to the skin colour after several minutes (and looks better as the day goes by).
I would say that this is light-medium coverage and is very layerable. The texture is thicker than the average liquid foundation but it is spreadable (use very light "brushing" motions with the fingers to avoid pulling on the skin). I don't like to powder over this cause it will take away the "natural" look that this BB cream gives. Instead, I finish it off with MAC Fix+ and it looks great!
In terms of whitening, it's actually lightened some of my freckles and some of my acne scars. I don't know about fine lines because I don't much of them.
This is a great find!

on 11/21/2008 1:58:00 AM

Definitely favorite BB cream. All the others I've tried were way too pale, and made me look slightly awkward. This one comes in two colors and the darker one is perfect for me. Also, love that it has spf in it so that I won't have to put another layer stuff on my face. coverage is light to moderate. definitely need a concealer for acne marks but I don't bother most of the time.

on 11/19/2008 2:17:00 PM

I love this bb cream! i've tried a couple but so far this is my favorite since i have super oily skin and acne-prone skin. I also like the coverage and how it makes my face look matte but not too dried out. I find that it's easier to gently pat it onto your face than rubbing or smearing. Oh and it last all day, it makes my face look natural, and the best part I love about it is that it doesn't give me that crease or wrinkle lines that foundation does. I've been using this for almost 4-5 months now and no break-outs or any of that sort.

on 10/21/2008 7:35:00 PM

What would I do without eBay?

I got really intrigued with the whole BB cream concept, but when I started looking into the different brands I realized that almost all BB cream are called whitening cream. Now since I am already white enough, I decided I was only interested in a foundation like product that had a tinted moisturizer component to it.

After much searching I found an eBay seller who had a good price ($19.99, includes S&H) so I decided to give Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream #23 a test. I must say I am pretty impressed so far but it's only been a week. It does a good job evening out my skin, and especially taking out the redness.

I like the tube. At first I thought it was really small compared to my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation, but they both contain 30 ml of product - so Missha just utilizes space better.

I am still waiting for the magic scar and wrinkle erasor component to kick in, but my skin feel smoother to the touch.

I will update my review once I've used this product for a few months.

This product is CHALKY. After applying this product
my skin looked like a put chalk on it. After wearing
it for several hours my skin turned 'Ghostlike' in color--
white. I called the company and they told me the product
can only be returned for online credit. I absolutely
do not recommend this product and the company policy
is unacceptable.

on 10/13/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know these were the *it* trend a few years back, but I've gone back to it, and am finding it a HG for natural look, especially in summer. Revising review after experimenting a lot and looking at YouTube instructions to give some guidance (which I'm sure would be helpful for any other BB cream)

1) Make sure skin properly exfoliated. It will stick if you have any flakes, and it will not be pretty.

1) Put on moisturizer. I use vitamin c serum mixed with quite a bit of sweet almond oil (and I'm fairly oily). Blot.

2) Use a tiny, tiny, TINY bit. A drop about the size of a pencil eraser. Using more than a tiny bit is what makes you look chalky, so it is essential that you use as little as possible. You can always add more where needed. Pat with a spreading motion on forehead, nose, chin, upper/lower cheeks on both sides, and little under/over eye area. Pat in. Use a tiny, TINY bit more to cover undereye and around nose if needed.

3) Do whatever else needs doing in terms of skin makeup; I generally put on only Tarte gel blush, but eyeshadow etc. would be appropriate here.

4) Use loose powder to set.

5) Mascara, of course.

6) (Optional, but especially good for summer): use a setting spray. I use Skindinavia.

7) Wait for any residual chalky/grey color to fade (see #2 above).

I would not use this for a dramatic look--daytime, natural only. But if you want to look great AND look like you're not wearing any makeup, this will give you that and will last ALL DAY long, even in summer heat.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I am a MAC NW 20; I got the #42 and was surprised to see that it is pretty pinky--would've expected the opposite.

For those of you who feel that it is too "chalky," keep in mind that this is supposed to be gently rubbed into your skin--I saw a Japanese video on YouTube on how to use it. The MA rubbed it in a bit and then patted a bit more coverage where needed. it won't work w/ a brush or other foundation application technique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in No.23, which is the darker of the 2 shades. It has a definite grayish tone that doesn't totally match my skin, but a couple minutes after applying, it blends in a little and doesn't look so obvious. I like it because it acts as a moisturizer and high SPF sunscreen as well as a foundation. It's pretty thick for a tinted moisturizer, so a little goes a long way. It doesn't look like much in the tube, but you really only need a pea-sized amount to cover the whole face. This gives medium to full coverage (you can layer it for more coverage) and a dewy finish. I just have to dab some concealer on my darker scars and I'm good to go. I don't know if I've seen any improvements in my skin from using this (that's what BB creams are for, right?) but I will continue to use it until I run out.

EDIT: I stopped using this for awhile after starting a new skin routine where my derm discouraged liquid foundations. However, the other night I tried it on again and WOW it looked so obviously gray on my face! I'm embarrassed to think of all the times I wore this out and about with my face looking a shade different than the rest of me. If it works for you, then I'm glad. But if you're unsure, look at it in natural lighting, and maybe ask a friend for an honest opinion!

on 9/24/2008 4:16:00 PM

I really love love love this Missha Perfect Cover. It provides a good coverage with manageable oil control. I have a light shade which matches my skintone (NC20) perfectly. It brightens my complexion and conceals redness and imperfections very well. I have tiny bumps and few enlarged pores, this bb cream hides them very well.

I bought it from eBay for $24+S/H. It's so much cheaper than getting a US brand tinted moisturizer since this one has anti-wrinkle, SPF, and skin brightening properties which makes it so much easy in the morning. After putting on moisturizer, I can apply this bb cream. I don't need to use any concealers or base which save a lot of times in the morning. ^^