Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Overall this is a splendid foundation. It's not as mat as the name suggests and compared to my usual mat foundation (lancome teint idole ultra) I find this relatively sheer. It does give a very pretty and healthy looking glow to the skin, feels lightweight and despite the very limited colour range I found it easy to pick a good colour match. I'd prefer a smaller bottle and a bit more coverage but I can live with creative concealer application to get the benefits of the pretty finish this foundation gives. It is expensive but I do think you get what you pay for and used with a decent powder you can obtain a fairly flawless look with this.

on 11/18/2011 12:42:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. The finish is beautifull, it stays mat on my combo skin for about 8 to 9 hours and I would say it offers a medium to full coverage depending on how much you apply. The product smells SO good (like green tea and roses), it is my favorite part of my morning routine. The packaging is also beautifull, really Chanel. Definitely worth every penny!

on 11/11/2011 5:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Packaging - The product is housed in a heavy glass bottle with a pump dispenser. And that's all that I could ask for liquid foundations. The actual shade you see on the glass does not exactly translate on the skin so you have to take a skin swatch to check the shade.

Price - It's Chanel, need I say more?

Shade - Chanel Mat Lumiere has a limited range of shades, but at least I'm lucky enough that I have fair-medium skin so I use "Cendre". It goes a little pink on me, but I remedy that with a base adjuster. I wish they have more shades and undertones to suit a wide variety of skin tones.

Finish/Coverage - This is a medium to full coverage foundation, but you can work it sheerly if that's your preference. This also has a matte finish, and it photographs really pretty.

Consistency - This foundation is quite thick, so I have to work it w/ a foundation brush and work quickly as it dries quite fast too.

Verdict: All in all I like this foundation, this is a permanent staple on my rotation and I like wearing this on special occasions. Too bad Chanel will discontinue this.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my go to foundation for colder weather. Normally, I wear studio fix fluid or estee lauder double wear, but this foundation is not as drying as the ones I usually wear. My favorite thing about this foundation is the color match. As a black woman, I have a really difficult time finding a perfect match, but I have finally found one in this foundation. My shade in this is Cedar. Ladies who feel like they rarely have a match-especially in MAC foundations, please get a sample of this color. In MAC, I feel like I am between an NC45 and an NC50. I can never get a perfect match in any foundation. But this one is spot on.
The cons to this foundation are the cost-it is crazy expensive. And, it doesn't last as long as double wear. But, the finish is so luminous and so natural, that I don't mind.
For ladies with bad skin, but still want natural looking skin with a good amount of coverage-this may be the foundation for you if you can find a color match.

on 11/11/2011 12:01:00 PM

I recently bought this foundation as my skin as turned very oily!! I put it on at 7:00 am and when i returned home from work at 5:30 pm, it was still on, which is a big plus for me!! I would recommend this foundation for oily skin only, as it dries very matte and almost looks quite cakey at first, once the foundation has settled in, it appears much more natural & flawless. It covered the scarring on my chin, and the colour is good too, i use Number 40. I have only tried this foundation for a few days, i dont really like the application at first, but once setlled the finish is nice. I tried one day with a foundation brush (MAC 190) and then again with my fingers...i preferred to use a foundation brush. A little definatly goes a long way. All in all a good product, but not sure i would rush out to buy again!!

on 11/15/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty good foundation considering I tend to break out a lot! It is meant to be a 'matte' foundation but I found it more of a 'matte luminous' finish rather than true matte, which meant it looked very natural even under a bit of powder. I wouldn't say it lasts all day without touchups if you have very oily skin like me, but if you're more on the combination to slightly oily and you want a natural finish AND you're prepared to shell out a lot of money on good foundation, then this is a pretty good pick. I always feel very luxurious and beautiful when I wear this, maybe because I'm wearing Chanel :P But it is a pretty good product that hasn't irritated me or made me break out. The only real complaint is that it doesn't come in a very wide range of colours which really sucks because my colour isn't perfect for my skin tone, but I think Chanel have addressed this with their range of 'perfection lumiere' foundations coming out soon (comes in a LOT of colours compared to this range!).

on 10/11/2011 2:18:00 PM

This is one of the best foundations I've had. I'm on my third bottle. A little goes a long way. Also it's very deeply pigmented, so on days when I want sheer coverage, I mix it with some sunblock and it looks great, less formal, and more satiny.

on 10/16/2011 11:56:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for about three years, and I love it. It feels light, covers well and makes it look natural. It blends very nicely and doesn't look streaky. I have applied it both with my fingers and a foundation brush from The Body Shop, and both works well. However, I would recommend using a brush if you are looking for the best coverage, because I find it hard not to overblend with my fingers. I use 20 Clair for the winter and 30 Cendr for the summer.
It is a bit pricey, but I haven't found any other foundation a good as this.

on 10/25/2011 5:46:00 PM

I love this product...it covers everything redness, blockiness, and pores, it's an amazing product and there are so many shades available now. i would buy this in a heat beat!

I went to Macy's specially to shop for a foundation and I had in mind this one so decided to go straight to the CHANEL counter. The lady there matched me perfectly, which is something that I loved cause 90% of the time they miss match me. Anyway, when I got to the mall she applied Mat Lumiere and set it with CHANEL powder and it looked flawless! It did not looked natural on me but still looked very pretty so I didn't care I told her I'd take it... Just my luck she didn't have my color and gave me a sample which I happily took. Today I have it on and I'm not sure it looks the same as when the lady applied it but maybe because I used MAC studio fix to set it? But still it looks better than my MAC foundation the one i was using before CHANEL. Im going to have to buy the powder and the foundation if I want it to look the same, I will cause its worth it.