SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.5

Once upon a time, this wreaked havoc on my face. Having first tried this aged 18, this did nothing but break me out and turned my combination-oily skin dry.

SK-II's FTE has got to be one of the most popular "miracle waters" around, with many other brands (notable Korean) following suit. My mum's been using SK-II products for over 10 years now, and I have a feeling this product would suit mature skin better, due to the high concentration of "pitera" in this product.

Back to my story. I tried it at 18, with a host of other SK-II products but only kept one - Repair C in my skincare regime. Fast forward 8 years later, I thought why not go back to it and see if my skin's "matured" enough to tolerate this supposedly wonderful essence almost everyone raves about?

I live in hot and humid Malaysia, which doesn't help my extremely reactive skin very much. Too much sun? I burn. Too hot? I get heat rash. After a long day out, I find applying a bit of this (a few drops on my palm, rub palms together and quickly pat onto skin helps take some heat off my face and redness is reduced.

As my skin tends to go slightly dry when using this everyday, I only use this 2-3 times a week and it works a treat! I don't have many blackheads and I do credit the FTE (and another wonderful makeup primer - RMK) for that! :p

If you have very sensitive skin like I do, please ask for a sample before purchasing a full-sized bottle as this isn't the cheapest product out there and it doesn't suit all skin types.

on 7/5/2015 3:41:00 AM

Started using this product 2 weeks ago. I personally did not see any significant changes to my skin except for a subtle glow about 4 days in. Got compliments on my skin from friends saying that my skin is glowing and in better condition. I took a closer look yesterday and compared some selfies I took from recent days with my old photos and noticed that there is a glow to my skin but apart from that, it didn't make my pores look smaller or totally got rid of my acne scars. I did not have bad skin to begin with which might explain the slight change. For the price, I don;'t know if it is worth buying it again. The results are not worth splurging on this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the worse skin breakout in my life after using this product. I have some friends who use this product and have an amazing skin as the result. Their skin is glowing. I buy thus product wishing the same resut. But turns out this product is a nightmare to me. Perhaps this product is just not for me.

on 5/6/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the greatest product ever in my life. I have dry skin and uneven skin tone. The girls in family are all using this for the past years while I stick to only cleanser and other standard skincare products and continue having a bad skin. I tried this 2 months ago and it does magic! I feel so fresh and glowy eveytime after using it. My skin tone gets fairer and it gets more even than ever!! When I apply make up over it, my make up looks better and glowy. However, it does have a little smell when apply but will go away after a while. I've been complimented a lot of times and my friends started using them as well; all of them have skin improvements too!

I would totally suggest to purchase this product! It really does magic!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This essence works better as I get older. I think it's one of those products you need to experiment with over time.

I was 18 when I tried this for the first time and while it did brighten my skin, it made it really dry too.

I gave it another shot when I turned 21. As expected, it made my skin glow, smooth and cleared a lot of acne scars. But it gave me a few random whiteheads on my cheeks and chin. I lasted a bottle.

I'm now 24 with hyperthyroid, hypo occasionally. Because of my hormones my face gets pale and dull easily. I'm allergic to makeup and even sunscreen. I recently switched my moisturiser from Clinique to Kiehl's. My skin is still supple but I look very sickly most of the time.

So 2 weeks ago I decided to give this essence a third try. I've been using it as a mask every night (applied on cotton pads- forehead, cheeks, chin, neck, d├ęcolletage). It's expensive but my boyfriend's returning in a month and I'm desperate.

For face: my face has been dewy since. Lightened scars, lighter dark circles and wrinkles, cleared up blemishes on jaw lines. I'm on my period and have less breakouts than the norm.

For body (d├ęcolletage mainly): I suffered from severe body acne for many years which weirdly recovered last year when I developed thyroid. I noticed earlier today the scars on my left shoulder and breasts have lightened. Reduced the occasional whiteheads I get.

It's expensive but it works fast if you're looking for a quick fix. I'm halfway through this bottle; I doubt I'm buying another one immediately. One bottle a month is insane.

It certainly causes whiteheads still but not as much as before. Now that I know how it reacts on me, I'm gonna let my skin rest for a bit and will give it another go when I'm ready.

on 4/25/2015 9:09:00 PM

This does absolutely nothing for my face. I've been religiously splashing it on after every time I wash my face for the last 5 months, and it's made no difference in any skin quality whatsoever. I gave it 2 stars because it wasn't destructive, didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do anything good either. What a ripoff.

I use Retin-A about once a week and SkinActives Antioxidant Serum; I'm not sure if those two are so effective that nothing else can really make a dent, but nonetheless, I would not recommend buying this to anyone.

on 4/15/2015 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for about 3 weeks by now, and I would say that magic does happen! The first week I used this, it didn't do anything apparent on my skin. The second week my husband said my face looked brighter but I personally didn't see anything significant. And yes, some major improvements occur in the third week. My skin texture becomes smoother and firmer than ever! It feels like my skin is born again. When I touch it, it's really soft and I can feel that it is clean from any impurities that usually caused some lumps and bumps on the surface. It makes my makeup sit really more beautifully on the face, at least it boosts my confidence. However, it seems that those are the only magic that this product can do. It won't heal acne scars I already have, and it won't prevent blackhead and pimples, even though it helps to prevent new scars and accelerate the process of healing. These are why it took off one lippie. I highly consider buying this product again, because although it's super expensive for a freakin' clear water, it would cost me around the same amount to go to skin clinics to get and maintain this kind of look. So why waste time if you can treat your skin at home. EDIT: I recently moved from humid country Indonesia to Canada. I brought this product and continue to use it, however the effect is different. I don't know if it's because of the climate difference which makes my skin reacts differently to this product. I will wait and see if it's still worth the money to keep using it, since in Canada the price is almost doubled compared with the already expensive one in Indonesia.

on 3/17/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
Its one of those products that is just hard to explain. I don't know why it works, but it just does. My skin feels baby-soft, light and fresh all the time. I wouldn't go without it because I feel without it, my skin can't "breathe". (I went a week without it because I forgot to bring it on my trip)". It refines my pores, and makes my skin more tolerant to what I will be applying on top. The consistency is just like water but feels a million times better. It doesn't make me break out either.

CONs:
The packaging is pretty bad. The bottle is very heavy, especially if you're like me and move around a lot and have so many other products to carry, it adds up. Also, I don't like the way it pours, I always find it slips through the cracks in between my fingers and for the amount you pay, every drop lost feels like 5 bucks gone! SKII, please put it in a spray/spritz bottle!!!! The smell is another thing. I don't mind the smell of it at first, but once it hits your skin, its a whole different smell!

on 3/11/2015 8:59:00 PM

I want to review this one . I' m sorry for grammar mistake , my english is not that good .This one made my nightmare come true !!
At first 2 weeks: it makes my skin incredibly soft but it makes my skin kinda dull
After 2 weeks : Oh myyy .. it makes my skin very rough ( whitehead all over my cheeks ) , my mom said my skin look very dull , and it makes my cheeks, nose, all over my face Red ( not a pinkish glow I usually have on my face ) . Sk ii made my skin breakout . Then I go to SK II counter , then the SA told me to stop using any other product and she told me that what happen on my face called PURGING . When I back to home , I did what the SA told me , I throw all my skin care product and only use SK II product : that time I bought many of them maybe I spend around $ 1000 . It makes me sad
After few month ( 6 month ) later : Nothing changed to better .my skin condition is getting worse and worse it made my skin very sensitive and rough . It makes my mom angry because I spend to much money on SK II product . I will never believed that my skin is only PURGING this is called Breakout ( coz i never used cream from doctor or something that can be harsh for my skin , before I use SK II I use etudehouse ) . I heard that if you got purging , it will dissappear after 1-4 months . But , it does not . Even after i used this around 6 months , the purging reaction doesnt dissapear .
Conclusion : maybe the ingridients of SK II is too much for my young skin ( Im still 15 y.o) or maybe the product itself is bad . I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAD A GOOD SKIN CONDITION OR YOUNG SKIN ( NOT MATURE AGE ) BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE UR SKIN CONDITION IN THE WORST STATE YOU EVER FELT . Now I am using Skinfood from korea ( I already use it around 2 weeks ) cause my face breakout from using SK II . It mades my sensitive face ( i got sensitive its all thanks to SK II ) less redness , less rough . Let see a few months later what will happen ( did skinfood makes my skin condition worsen or more good ).
Notes : I will never bought this ever again. And I will give all my SK II to my aunty .

on 2/23/2015 12:31:00 PM

i started using SK II FTE since last 2 months. I really want to try the product, because i heard lot of positive effects it has made. After all, alot of people i've known who use SKII FTE, have this clear looking crsytal skin.

Before i comment on the product, i think, i should tell you, a little bit about my skin condition. I have a combination with acne prone skin. Starting from last 2 years, my skin suddenly breaking out of reason. I had lot of pimples, and it really has negative effect on my confidence.:( Since then, i've been trying lot of products, but it doesnt go that well. Most products dry my skin, and it makes things even worse.

And then, after consuming collagen, and use natural way which i applied grapeseed oil onto my face every night, drink lots of water, and think less bout my acne, my face got better day by day. However, the acne marks are all over my face. I lost what it called ' radiance'.

So, im thinking, why not try SKII FTE, plus this year i'll turn 24, so i have to change my skin destiny starting from now on. Hence, I bought it online, from Luxola and after a week, the product safely arrived.

I use the FTE by pour a few drops on my palm and warm in between my hands and next tapping on my face. This is done after clean and toning my face.

The effects:
1-2 weeks :: my face is glowing!! it make my cheeks a bit firmer and plump. It is also soften my skin. Acne marks are also slowly fades.

3-4 weeks : I lost the glowing, and my skin start to breaking out. I believe this is due to purging effect, but i dont have any idea why the purging start on 3rd weeks. hmmm but thinking about the price i has paid, i decided to continue the product. I start to think positively, like you've been having bad acne before, this purging effect is nothing compared to the bad acne i had before. and i also searched online about the purging. A lot of people, has experienced it, some stop it, some cheapskates like me, continue to use it.

5 weeks - till now :: my skin never have been this better. im glad i decided to continue the product and have faith with it. I think, what most important thing to do during the purging phase is have some faith. Now my skin is more radiant, more plump, softer & firmer. Of cos, when that time in a month, i got pimple one or two, but it heals faster and guess what, no red marks are left.!

About the price, even though it is more on the higher side, but it could last you a long time. I used a 75ml bottle, but after 2 months of daily use ( twice daily) i still have half of it. I guess 75ml can last you up to 4 months.

Of i forgot to mention about the texture of the product. Ok, it is watery like texture, the smell is distinctive, but it didnt bothers me,( actually i kinda like the smell), and everytime i apply it on my face, there is coldness sensation i dont know how to put it in words, but it is like you apply water on your face and it is cool. and you'll look and feel fresher afterward. It doesnt feel sticky or dries your skin.

All in all, im really happy with this product and it has lived up to the hype. I dont mind, spending my $$ on this good stuff. I hope in next 10 years of using this my skin would be like Cate Blanchett :DD