Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product was ok. Once blended in, it sets makeup very nicely and is not as obvious as some (BE Mineral Veil). Oil control is decent. However, the packaging always caused me to spill it on my counter or my clothing, and after awhile, I noticed I avoided using it because I didn't want to bother. If you're looking for a cheap product to try, and loose powders don't bother you, definitely try it.

Edit: I don't like this product. Yes, it goes everywhere. Your hands, your countertops, your clothing... Second, it feels and looks more obvious and chalky than my new drugstore favorite, L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This powder was okay for me, but not what I was looking for. I was looking for a mattifying powder but I think this would work better as a finishing powder. Applies wonderfully, doesn't cling to dry patches, or clog my pores. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide any mattifying properties (keep in mind, this never claimed to do that) and oxidizes on me by midday :(. An okay product, but not what I was looking for.

on 2/17/2012 4:36:00 PM

This product goes on smoothly and has a nice matte finish. It controls oil fairly well. The translucent shade has a bit of a yellow tint to it which doesn't really work for me. There's one reason why I won't buy this again. It builds up in pores and leaves dots of product there, making me look spotted up close. Maybe it wouldn't do that over a foundation, but alone it doesn't look right except from far away.

on 2/28/2012 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bough this in natural.
I have mixed feelings about this. Now I like to switch up foundations a lot depending the kind of coverage I want. When I used this with a cream foundation (the balm time balm) it has no oil control whats so ever I got oily within 3 hours after application.It didnt turn dark, almost like a translucent powder, looked soft and natural. When I used this with a liquid foundation (Hard Candy one step) I feel like it turned darker I got oily after 4-5 hours of application. when I used this with Avon extralasting foundation it did not become oily at all, I was oil free the whole day. I also used this with a powder foundation mark buff, my sister told me my face looked blotchy, and I felt oily after 3 hours. From my experience it gives a soft glow-matte finish. It makes you look healthy and soft. Im gonna give it another try and see....

P.S I only have an oily t-zone... I don't consider myself that oily, I was shocked that I didn't experience the same staying power as everyone else.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG staple in my powder collection. I've only bought this powder in Translucent which I recommend, because to me this powder is not a "foundation powder". It assists well as a setting/finishing powder when used in SMALL quantities. The puff it comes with is cheap and not worth using, and overall the packaging is pretty terrible lol. But, the product itself is worth the fuss. I apply this powder with a clean angled eyebrow brush on SMALL AREAS of my face. (ie the corners of my nose, top of nose, shiny spot on forehead and cheeks). I then blend with my fingers or buki brush. This keeps me matte for several hours. Because this powder is not great to travel with, when I go to work I bring the the Rice powder blotting papers with me and on my lunch break quickly blot my T-zone with half of a blot paper.
This routine has worked really well for me, I recommend others trying it! Plus it's very inexpensive and has not broken me out!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My skin can get quite oily so I appreciate a good setting powder and I find this very effective at mattifying my skin without becoming cakey. It lasts well throughout the day. Really good product. The packaging isn't so great - it's cheap plastic and can get messy - but that's my only complaint with this product. It's not something I'd feel happy about carrying around with me so I use this to set my foundation and concealer and bring a pressed powder or blotting papers if I think I'm going to need touch ups. It has a slight smell which doesn't bother me, but some may find it offputting.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I really love this product. It is a wonderful setting powder, I sweep it over my foundation and it really fills in fine lines. The price is really affordable, I got mine at Sally's for only $4.49 with my Beauty Card. The packaging is alright, but the lid easily comes off. I really do recommend this!!! :)

on 1/31/2012 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I honestly don't use a lot of loose powders. The only other one I have ever used is one by Aveda (sadly I don't know which one, and I don't think they sell it anymore). I decided to try it out after reading some reviews, and I can honestly see why it has great reviews. It gives beautiful coverage, doesn't cake up, doesn't clog pores, and it didn't break me out! I got it in translucent since the other colors looked too dark, and I haven't been disappointed. It kind of smells like baby powder, but its very faint.
My only problem with it is the packaging. While it is very cute, the cap comes off easily, and could make a mess if it were to drop. But other than that, its a fantastic product that I will definitely be purchasing again! ^_^

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For the price, this is one of the best loose powders that I have tried. My skin is oily, but it also has a tendency to feel dry and tight (during the winter months I'll even get patches of dry skin on my cheeks). This is one of the few powders that I've tried that controls th oilies, and does not accentuate dryness.

This powder offers a lovely, matte finish that does not look dull, dry or cakey in the least. I use 'Translucent', which is totally invisible when blended and does not cause an ashy, pallid or chalky cast on my light brown complexion. This powder does not cake up or feel heavy, even after a reapplication (which I usually don't need anyway since this product works so well to control shine all day long). I haven't tried any of th pigmented powders so I can't comment on coverage, but I imagine it'd be very light.

All that being said, I have heard that a lot of women with super oily skin found that this powder left something to be desired (SUGGESTION: Mattify! Cosmetics Ultra For Oily To Very Oily, Fyrinnae Oil Control or Jurlique Citrus Silk)...But for women with combo to mildly oily skin, this is a great option.

What I do hate about this product is the packaging. It's aesthetically pleasing (a cute little square box with a photo of a Geisha), but it's very impractical and messy (even for a loose powder). If you're not careful, the lid could come off while in your purse (it is not a screw on lid nor does it have a little latch). ALSO, the puff that they include with this product is pretty much useless (like most applicators included with makup I suppose). I use a regular large powder brush and lightly dust this product over my entire face. Sometimes I wear this alone, but other times I use it to set my makeup (which it does a great job of, really locks everything into place and looks/feels invisible). I also like to dust this powder over my lids before applying eye makeup to mop up the extra sweats and oils.

This product has a light baby powder scent, which for me isn't a problem, but for someone who's very sensitive, it might be (not that it smells "bad" by any means).

Anyhow, I would most definitly buy this product again (I plan on going to Sally's to purchase a pigmented one). It's a high quality product at a very low price. Though it's far from the best loose powder on the market, it's still good and it IS one of the best CHEAP loose powders for women who don't want to spend $40 on powder from MAC or MUFE....But like I said, skip this if you have a huge issue with oiliness or sweating. This powder is best suited to combo or mildly oily skin. Even I opt for other powders on hot days when I know I will be sweating a lot. But for everyday, this powder is a nice little addition to any makeup collection :)

on 2/4/2012 11:55:00 PM

Great product, very fine. I got the natural, will get the tranlucent next time to press over my concealer. I feel this controls shine very well. No shimmer which is great. Also reasonably price for alot of product. Very bad package, its very messy in a cardboard container. Be careful not to wet it. Also not good for traveling.