Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 12/18/2005 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My first review! I don't normally do these, but I bought this off QVC after watching the demo and was so disappointed!! I bought it as a $100+ set and hated nearly everything in the kit. This is one of the worst powders I've ever tried. I definitely agree with the other reviews about the strange/fake mask like quality. Very weird and alien. I couldn't even wear it out of the house! FYI- I have pale Irish skin with few blemish and even tone and this still didn't work. Skip it.

on 12/11/2005 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Boo Prescriptives for making Magic Loose Powder...I love most of your makeup, why must you dissapoint me with a product like this? The cooling effect is kind of interesting, but it went away after a few weeks. I tried refrigerating you and it just made the powder clumpy...and I hate to say it but you just look weird on me. I mean, I'm already pretty pale, but this just made me look masklike. I am going to put you up for swap and go back to that other powder... the talc-free Prescriptives powder that I love.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this powder for a year now. It is great and I love the cooling effect when applied. One key to it is keep it refrigerated, it helps with the drying out of the powder. The brush that comes with it isn't any help at all.

on 11/4/2005 8:57:00 PM

While I've never actually bought any of this myself, several months back my husband and I were at the mall, and I mentioned to him that I'd heard raves about this supposedly magic powder by Prescriptives. When I told him that I wanted to try it but not buy any until I knew it'd work, he went to the counter and chatted with the sales girl (turned out she knew someone who once worked with both of us), and he was so sweet and charming that, when he mentioned in passing that I had read great things about this fantastic powder (while I, in the meantime, stood off to the side in total awe of his skills! ha!), the SA was more than happy to accomodate me with samples. She gave me little containers with about a tablespoon of powder in each of the available shades -- a pinkish, a yellowish, and a more beige-ish one. I wouldn't know, as I eventually just combined them all. I definitely don't use this as an every day powder, and in fact haven't run out yet. But one thing that I can endorse about it is that it seems to work most effectively under the eye area. It does have a subtle shimmer/sheen about it, and I've got horrific bags and dark circles that nothing seems to help very much, but I've noticed that when I dust a little of this on after putting on my concealer, it seems to brighten up my eye area. So for that purpose, I'd recommend it; as an everyday powder to set your makeup - eehhhh, not so much. :o)

I love Prescriptives but this just seems to be the most over-rated product ever. What bothers me is that the powder doesn't do anything. this just sits on top of skin no matter how little you put on. I'm not even sure of the purpose of this powder? It WON'T set foundation-- It doesn't sink in, it just sits on your skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am definately dissapointed. When I first used this, i just adored it! I got that cooling sensation that everyone raves about, gave me a subtle glow, and just really perfected my skin. However, after a few weeks it seemed to just "dry up". I have no idea what happened, I didn't leave it open or anything. It no longer gives me the cool, tingly feeling, now it just sits there. I just recieved this as a sample (although it was quite the hefty one, full size or close to it) so I didn't waste money, but if the sample dried up, I'm definately afraid of what the full size product would do! I'm thinking about going back to the perscriptives counter to see what's up. I really liked this when it WAS working...

One of my staples for the past five years. I absolutely love this. I love the way it makes your skin feel....its not too shimmery, but just enough to give you a nice glow.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this a few years ago and used the entire container. I loved it, but wanted to try another brand too. Im probably going to go buy some of this again! It is a great powder that really does difuse light to make skin look better and feels like cool water when you dust it over your face. It also keeps makeup on longer. It is also great because it is oil-free, non-acnegenic, Ophthalmologist-tested, Dermatologist-tested!

on 7/19/2005 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Makes your skin look great, feels cool on face. I wish it did not make me break out. Great for special occasions

on 8/26/2005 4:16:00 PM

I just don't get this product. I am fair skinned - and just like one of the previous reviewers with dark skin - this made me look weird and sparkly. I didn't notice a cooling effect. I threw away. Such a waste of money for me. A big thumbs down.