MAC 15-PAN

15-PAN

4.7

on 4/30/2006 10:35:00 AM

ITEM DESCRIPTION:

The small pro pan palette (also known as a 15 pan eyeshadow palette) from MAC is a slimline black case that stores MAC pro-pan eyeshadows and depotted MAC eyeshadows.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

These very slim containers are made out of black plastic infused with silver speckles, and stamped with the MAC logo on the hinge lid. The bottom layer is magnetised, enabling eyeshaodw pans that are attached to a magnet/magnetised to sit snugly in the case. The entire case is opaque.
Palette stores fifteen eyeshadow pans, other brands may also fit once depotted.

COST:

Depends on regional price. Whilst it can be seen as expensive at first glance, there are few moderate-to-large eyeshadow palettes available in the market.

PROS:

- slimline design, reduced storage space.

- holds a suitable amount of product.

- is reasonably sturdy; can be dropped without shattering but there is no shock resistance for products inside.

CONS:

- is identical to large pan palette (or 'blush palette'), can be difficult to identify once you have a sizable collection stored in palettes.

- the opaque lid makes quick identification impossible. Could be vastly improved by the addition of a transparent lid.

SUMMARY:

Once you reach a sizable amount of MAC eyeshadows, depotting them into palette storage is a must. A palette is a HG item for working make-up artists or travelling make-up afficionados. If you're sick of clutter or simply want to depot your eyeshadows and gain some Back To Mac items, palettes are the way to go. With the addition of transparent lids, this palette would be perfect.

Was this review helpful to you? Please click the 'yes' button below and let MUA know. :) continued >>

I LOVELOVELOVE the 15 pans. They are SO sleek and fit anywhere. And you know what else is awesome? You can fit different brands in there..urban decay, milani etc. So its not limited to MAC. I use to HATE palettes but once I got too many eyeshadows I decided I needed one. Or two. haha......for now I have 4 15 pan eyeshadow palletes. They just look so pretty next to eachother. THIS IS PERFECT.

Before I became a MAC addict, I had them in the individual containers as I never thought Id EVER fill a palette. As I got more and more shadows I obsessed over trying to figure out the best way to put all my shadows. I finally made my decision: individual containers for necessities (brow colors) and lustres as they are much messier than the other textures (more powdery,grainy, and the sparkles go everywhere), 15 pan for all others and an empty 4-pan for travel. Perfect because the pans can be removed and placed into a 4-pan when I need to travel. I like the 15-pan because it holds more and looks cleaner than the 4-pan. IMO I think the 4-pan looks a bit tacky with the clear plastic top. No mirror or place for brush doesnt bother me because I like it clean and sleek and I never use little mirrors anyways. Great because I dont have to open a billion boxes and covers to do my eye makeup. I also dont have to waste time taking shades out to see if they would make a new nice combination with the other colors, in the 15 palette you can see everything by opening one lid and can easily see your color options. The only down sides are: 1) I have to be VERY careful with my 15 pan because breaking it/dropping it could cause severe heartache not to mention monetary damages. 2) Bad for travel 3) After awhile the powders/dust from each shadow get around the palette and make it look a bit messy/dirty in which case I feel the need to remove them all and clean the palette as I am a neat freak. Overall, glad I bought it and would buy again.

My husband is the world's best depotter! He depotted 15 of my MAC e/s forme when I got my first 15 pan. :)

I love these palettes. Makes toting my e/s much easier. Streamline is great! :)

on 2/18/2006 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have three of these currently and am in the process of filling four more. These are incredible, and they look great. The price is right, and they're perfect for holding milani, wet & wild, MAC, jane, and more eyeshadows. The only thing I wish is that the counters had them. If you don't have a store nearby, these seem to be fairly difficult to get ASAP (and without paying an arm and a leg for shipping!).

on 1/28/2006 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If you like to experiment with your makeup, and you hate having a thousand little compacts everywhere, you will LOVE this palette. I wonder how I lived without the palette system - I now have two (full!) 15 pan palettes, one for cools and one for warms. The only MAC shade that is not in my palette is the one I use for my brows. Like some other reviewers have noted, this format really helps to encourage creativity. I just open it up and can see right away what combos I could use on my eyes. Plus, my friends think I look very professional - they're all begging me to do their makeup now! The only caveat: the breakage factor, and I wish the latch was sturdier. I happened to drop mine while in the MAC store...right onto the marble floor...luckily my shadows were not entirely ruined, just lost a few chunks, and my makeup artist friend replaced the two that were destroyed. My friend put two cotton squares on top of the shadows to absorb shock and I try not to port them around too much. So problem solved!

on 7/12/2005 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love these palettes!! I find that they are great quality for a decent price and hold a variety of eyeshadow brands. I've already repurchased many times and will continue to do so as I gain more e/s!

I was SOOO happy to finally have a 15 pan palette. It is slim and compact, but not "cheap" thin plastic. Obviously nice quality. Only complaints? No mirror! Which I solved by finding one and gluing it in, although doesn't cover whole inside lid like the 6 eye filled palettes do. Plus, no place for a brush! (Also a nice feature of the 6 eye palettes). So, guess I will make a little brush holder on the top...not, would get knocked off somehow. I would gladly pay more $ if they did add mirror and place for brush.

on 7/4/2005 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

While I adore the MAC 15-palette, and for travel it makes the most sense, I switched back to 4-pans. I have about 50 shadows, so it definitely made more sense to have 15-pans, but the 4-pans are easier to hold, not as large and bulky, and it's a LOT easier to find the shadows you're looking for. If MAC came out with a 9 or 12-pan palette with a clear lid, I'd be all over it. I wish they had a 4-pan for blush as well, these large ones are just a bit too unwieldy for me! Can't beat the price though--if you can get your hands on them!

I own 2 pans (1 for neutrals, 1 for colors) and I love them! But I decided to not purchase any other 15 pan since everytime I got one, I HAD TO FILL IT in no time! It's too dangerous for compulsive buyer like me and that's why I'm giving only 4 lippies. ;) In future I'll stick to 4 pan, but I'm glad I have those 2.