Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 11/22/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love intensive. Awhile back I broke out horribly trying OCM (used it too often..) and I had acne all over my cheeks which I never used to have. Eventually the acne went away (with the help of prescription cream from the dr) but I was left with severe scarring. Mint concealer, multi-tasking concealer and my foundation (at that time Olive - Sweet Almond wasn't out yet so I mixed Light Olive with Sunlight concealer to get the right shade) in intensive kept me from living as a hermit.

If you apply it wet it might be too cakey / powdery for you so I apply mine with a rosewater glycerin spray (50 % rosewater glycerin, 50% water). Lately I've noticed my scars have finally disappeared so instead of applying my foundation the usual way I mix it with my moisturizer and apply it like that. In areas that I need a little more coverage I add a sprinkle of multi-tasking so my foundation / moisturizer mix.

1 lippie off for the lid. If you bang your foundation into your lid it'll eventually crack and fall apart.. I use a small ceramic dish now.

Would DEFINITELY repurchase. In fact I have about 4 containers of foundation left ^^

on 11/22/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm changing my review of this Product after using it for over a month. I'm giving a 3 because all the formulations make my face look shiny after a while. At first, I didnt mind it because I usually have dry skin. But after a while it makes me look like I have oily skin, which isnt ver attractive. The coverage is great and it goes on really well and doesnt break me out.

I decided to try EM after becoming too pale for Bare Minerals (MAC 05 - I use Fair Neutral in EM & I think it's the palest shade). I started with original glo, which blended well & went on smoothly (though not as blendable & smooth as BM was), but didn't cover enough. So I got a sample of the intensive base, which does not do what it claims to do. It's supposed to be the formula w/the best coverage, but I still need to use a ton to get semi-decent coverage, and what I use doesn't blend into my skin & disappears w/in a couple of hours. Also, it oxidizes to several shades darker (I am sure of this because sometimes there is some left on the palette I use with my brush, and when I go back the next day to use it, it has turned orange-ish compared to the powder in the pot, not to mention that at the beginning of the day I think it looks like a good color match, but when I come home it suddenly looks dreadful). I know my problems don't lie in what I use under it, because I've tried several different moisturizers/primers and none of them have solved the problem(s). At least the samples are cheap?

This product has amazing coverage. This can definitely get a little cakey if you apply too much but using a mixing medium really helps control that. I would definitely buy again.

The intensive formula can be a bit dryiing for my already dry face especially in the winter time and sometimes could look cakey if I dont moisturize well before applying it. However, I do like the coverage it gives. I tend to use this formula during the summer time because:
1. provides more coverage
2. I get more oily during the summer
3. lasts longer than oglo
4. shades run darker so I could get the same color as I normally do but wear it during the summer when my skin is a bit more tan

Overall, a good product as long as you know how to make it work and when to wear it :) I would repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've tried Lily Lolo and Sheer Cover before, and it really made my skin clear up from acne and I was happy. But reading alot about Everyday Minerals I decided to try it.

I found a perfect color match and when first applying it did cover well, but it looked HORRIBLE after a few hours, even when using a primer.
But I still liked the coverage and kept using it.

After about a week my skin had broke out like crazy. I was getting huge pimples that hurt my face really bad.
Also it gave me pimples on my nose and forehead, even though I litterally never get any break outs in those places.

I wouldn't recommend this (or the mint concealer) if you have acneprone skin.

Edit: Okay, I was harsh on this just for the fact that it breaks me out.
I actually raised the grading from two to four because if this wouldn't break me out, it would be my HG foundation. It looks so amazing.
Full coverage, natual and long lasting. So, definitaly try it!

on 10/26/2009 1:20:00 PM

I love this brand of mineral makeup! Their sample packs are fun, inexpensive, and a great way to find your foundation shade as they have a heap of color choices with very subtle shade differences.

This product in the intensive formula covers ruddy areas quite well, it looks natural, and feels comfortable on my face unlike some other brands that cause a bit of itchiness, especially during humid months. I can't remember the last time I used liquid foundation!

If I have any beef at all, it would only be with the website - every time I go there to make another purchase, even though I am a returning customer I have to start all over with another new password, etc. Aside from that pesky issue, Everyday Minerals is a nice discovery.

on 10/21/2009 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the bast mineral foundation I have found so far. The coverage is perfect for me (sheer to medium). It can be difficult to find your perfect shade though so make sure you order the free samples first. Love this brand of foundation.

on 10/15/2009 7:17:00 PM

After being an avid Bare Minerals user for about 3 years, I decided that it was making my skin look a bit cakey and flaky, not as smooth as I would like. I read the reviews on here and decided to order the free sample kits in Fair and Ivory, as I was unsure of which color would be best. Each kit contains one of each of the 4 types of foundation. The intensive formula was the only one that really impressed me. The Original Glo was horrible, it was more like a highlighter, and therefore I could never imagine wearing it as a base. Anyway, this formula is MUCH cheaper than Bare Minerals and looks much smoother when applied to the skin. I think it also has better coverage. I will definitely purchase this again! Extra points for the free samples too... it made finding my correct shade so easy!

Hands down HG foundation! Intensive is my favorite formulation, great coverage, great lasting power and doesn't dry my skin out or cause break outs.