Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 10/3/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Let me start off by saying this is liquid amazingness in a bottle! This top coat is everything I was looking for!!! Fast drying; (you'd think it takes longer since it's on the thicker side than most top coats) it dries to the touch in about 1-2 min but itís a good idea to wait maybe 5 mins just to make sure your polish is not pliable anymore. It leave a super glossy finish that lasts (most of the top coats Iíve used dull within that same day). It makes your manicures last an average of 4-5 days without chipping (I have only noticed tip fading because I work on the computer a lot). Now this one is a big one for meÖÖit does not streak my nail art!!!! I love creating my own nail art and pretty much all the top coats Iíve used streaked all my designs really bad, but this one had very minimal to no streaking at all. I 100% recommend this product and to anyone that had a bad experience it might be the way you apply it or maybe the base polish you are using the top coat on isnít dried enough I really donít know, but you canít go wrong with this. Hope this helps! :-)

on 9/15/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This top coat combined with CND Stickey Base Coat is phenomenal for me! This combo has greatly extended the life of my manicures. I had been using Seche Vite before, which has the most beautiful shine, but I couldn't take the peeling polish that came along with it. So I played around with a few different top coats and base coat combos. I stopped looking when I found this!

I hope this works great for you too! :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This top coat is SUPER fast and makes nails so shiny! That's all I have to say, really. Super fast and super shiny.

on 8/9/2012 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really impressed with this top coat. It gives an amazing high shine finish, and really does prolong the wear of my polish. It's not as fast drying as Seche Vite, but it's a lot better because it doesn't cause shrinkage and is more long-wearing. My only complaint is that it does strip off colour, and deposits it back in the bottle, just like SV. However, I really love it and will re-purchase.
Edit 10/26/12 - This stuff is a MIRACLE. I've been wearing a dark burgundy on my nails for 6 days straight, with only two teeny tiny chips. Like seriously teeny tiny. My nails look freshly done. I've never been able to wear dark colour for more than 2 days, and tomorrow will be one whole week. I also really appreciate that it fixes any imperfections, like smudges, streaks, etc. Once I ended up with seriously bad sheet marks on my polish, I didn't use any top coat. I applied this the next day, and boom, perfect shiny glassy polish, no more sheet marks. I seriously can't imagine any better than this, this top coat does everything.

Here's a pic of my 7-day manicure finished with Good To Go, still going strong.

Full Size Image

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this top coat. It dries quickly and to a smooth and super shiny finish. The strengthener I use as base coat sometimes makes my color bubble depending on the brand, but Essie Good To Go smooths everything out! It also makes my manicure last longer unlike Seche. My only gripe about this top coat is that I need to apply it while the polish is semi dry, otherwise I get a lot of shrinkage even if I wrap the tips. I will probably repurchase this when I run out.

The best top coat ever! It dries incredibly fast and the waiting time is no more than 5 minutes. It makes your nail polish look smooth, shiny, and it covers up the streaks if you made any. I'm so glad I found out about this top coat. I will buy this over and over again because it's just that amazing.

on 7/30/2012 8:39:00 PM

awesome. As soon as i finish this i will rebuy it. I've tried Poshe, Out the Door and Seche Vite, and maybe a couple others over my years, it's not that i hated them, it just didn't think they were so amazing that i needed to rebuy. I asked mua a rec for super glossy a few people said this one, or did i ask for something that dries super fast, can't remember, but either way, this does both of those.

I like shiny nails and am happy with the shine, and it dries sooooooooo fast, and i love that. I also like the packaging, so this is a no brainer rebuy for me, i think it's the first top coat i'll be purposely rebuying. hands down my fave.

on 7/28/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

no top coat is perfect, but this is pretty damn close!

PROS:
-high gloss!
-reduces chipping (average 5 days of perfect manicure)
-evens out nail polish mistakes & poor application
-ideal consistency, thick but not too thick
-easy application (can apply imperfectly and it even itself out)
-reasonably fast-drying (5 minutes and i use my hands for basic things)
-no harmful chemicals

CONS:
-polish & top coat can come off in 1 nail-shaped block when manicure is stale

NOTE: despite using a lot of this top coat with every manicure, the product doesn't get used up quickly. i don't understand the physics of that, but works for me!

I wouldn't call this the fastest drying top coat -- that's an honor that goes to Seche Vite -- but it's definitely better than average.

The test of a good topcoat is not how fast it dries to the touch, but how fast it dries all the way through. This one still dents after about two minutes' time, so I like to wait about five minutes before doing anything with my hands, just to be safe. Five minutes is still quite remarkable though, considering this topcoat is free of DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde.

Like most higher-end topcoats, this one is formulated to be applied liberally -- so that the brush bristles never touch the layers of colored polish underneath. It self-levels well, and (unlike Seche Vite) does not produce the dreaded "tip pull" that occurs with some polishes, especially jellies. That's a definite plus.

All in all, it's a safe bet for anyone who needs a topcoat that performs well, but does not want to continuously expose themselves to the toxicity of Seche Vite.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow! Hello glossy nails! My nails dry faster & last so much longer! A bit pricey but lasts long and is worth it. Purchase this!

Popular Top/Base Coats