Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Expert eyes has some nice colour trios and I am often tempted to buy them. However, this is a resoundingly average product and you can do better in the drug store.

The major flaws is that it goes everywhere. Powder under your eyes etc. If you use a foam applicator (which comes with it) rather then a brush it does a better job, but then you really lose out in the pigment stakes.

That said, I do think the pigment in this product is generally okay.

It is just really powdery/chalky, not at all smooth.

I love Night Sky. It's a shimmery black that works great as a liner, and if you can pull it off (which I can't) it looks great as a full-on shadow as well. It is crease-proof and does not irriate sensitive eyes, just like it claims on the package, which is also nice. The applicator sucks though so I suggest getting a bulk pack of applicators for $1 to $2 at your local drugstore and using one of them.

ExpertEyes/ExpertWear. Same thing? I have ExpertWear in 'eletric blue' and have no problem with it. It is an amazing color.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I found these eye shadows quite nice actually :-) I liked the color and staying power. I have very, very fair skin and they showed up fine. The packaging is pretty crappy and I always end up using my own eye shadow brushes from Bonne Bell. *shrugs* They are good for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

DON'T EVER BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! It is by far the worst eyeshadow I have ever used!! It is sooo cheap! It has no pigment at all, so when you put it on you can't even see it! And I have very fair skin with freckles! The colors look very pretty, but don't be tempted to buy it! It's very low quality product! And it does crease!!

I liked the colour selections in the package but like everyone else where is the colour when you put it on?????

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

They may look pretty in the packaging, but it takes forever for me to get these to show up on my lids. Also, the packaging (especially for the quads) sucks. If anyone knows where I can find a decent set of neutral brown/nude eyeshadow shades, let me know, as I'm throwing these all out.

the colour doesn't show up. it looks nice though...

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Awful. These shadows have no pigment, just powder. If you want inexpensive eye shadow, buy Nyx -- they're almost better than MAC! And they're cheaper than Maybelline.

I also agree with the majority of the posts. The colors looked pretty in the package, but that was it. No color was detected on my eyes in any light and I always use professional brushes, not the sponge applicator. I have medium yellow-pink undertones. I even tried the e/s on my Mom who is quite fair w/ pink undertones and the result was the same: the e/s was barely detectable. I bought velvet crush and almond truffles. The texture was fair: not very blendable. I like the older formulation better. The color showed up more, although the texture was about the same as the new expert eyes e/s.