Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Have this in "Sweet Mystique", I purchased it to use as day shadow or highlighter at night because of the cute colors which are Light Pink, Light Yellow and Light Blue.

I decided to apply the blue for the first test, at it just came out as silver. So I applied the pink on the other eye, and I can't tell the difference. They're both just silver. I am so irritated that it seems to be impossible to get any shadows from Maybelline, Cover Girl, etc that aren't just shimmer. Would never buy this again as I don't care for cheap silvery eyes.

Edited to add: I originally applied this with my favorite brush applicator and got the silver. When I used a large foam applicator I actually got some color. It was cute, but still too shimmery and silver toned.

Expert eyes has some nice colour trios and I am often tempted to buy them. However, this is a resoundingly average product and you can do better in the drug store.

The major flaws is that it goes everywhere. Powder under your eyes etc. If you use a foam applicator (which comes with it) rather then a brush it does a better job, but then you really lose out in the pigment stakes.

That said, I do think the pigment in this product is generally okay.

It is just really powdery/chalky, not at all smooth.

I love Night Sky. It's a shimmery black that works great as a liner, and if you can pull it off (which I can't) it looks great as a full-on shadow as well. It is crease-proof and does not irriate sensitive eyes, just like it claims on the package, which is also nice. The applicator sucks though so I suggest getting a bulk pack of applicators for $1 to $2 at your local drugstore and using one of them.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I found these eye shadows quite nice actually :-) I liked the color and staying power. I have very, very fair skin and they showed up fine. The packaging is pretty crappy and I always end up using my own eye shadow brushes from Bonne Bell. *shrugs* They are good for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

DON'T EVER BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! It is by far the worst eyeshadow I have ever used!! It is sooo cheap! It has no pigment at all, so when you put it on you can't even see it! And I have very fair skin with freckles! The colors look very pretty, but don't be tempted to buy it! It's very low quality product! And it does crease!!

ExpertEyes/ExpertWear. Same thing? I have ExpertWear in 'eletric blue' and have no problem with it. It is an amazing color.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

They may look pretty in the packaging, but it takes forever for me to get these to show up on my lids. Also, the packaging (especially for the quads) sucks. If anyone knows where I can find a decent set of neutral brown/nude eyeshadow shades, let me know, as I'm throwing these all out.

I liked the colour selections in the package but like everyone else where is the colour when you put it on?????

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Awful. These shadows have no pigment, just powder. If you want inexpensive eye shadow, buy Nyx -- they're almost better than MAC! And they're cheaper than Maybelline.

the colour doesn't show up. it looks nice though...