MAC MAC Liquid Liner

3.4

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used to use this liner years ago - back in highschool! It worked okay but stung my eyes =( i use fluidline and it works WAY better... Liquidlast is a miracle worker but it dries out my skin.

i love the look of this liner, very inkly black. the application is okay, i can handle that but not everyone can. but i have to say i hate this eyeliner because it smudges so easily. fluidline is so much better at not smudging and it's easier to people to learn to apply. and both product washes off with soap and water. but i hate this because since it smudges so easily, what's the point.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the look of a liquid liner, but I'm far too caffeinated for most applicator brushes which are generally too soft and flexible, making my perfect cat eye look more like a faltering cardiac patients EKG. This brush is perfect -- like a severely pointed felt tip marker that is somehow reinforced to retain its shape. Using the point, you can create a very thin, precise or tapered line; or turn this puppy almost horizontal to the lashes for eyeliner worth applying. The fine point also makes it easy to get right up to my lashes so that I don't suffer a gap-effect. And, though I live in fear of smooshing this perfect tip, I've yet to actually do so. I love the bold matte finish, and find it impossible to use this in any manner considered appropriate by the unimaginative. Makes my cat eyes VERY feline, and inspires silliness with other eye products. Once its on, it's ON. Until I take calculated steps to remove it. And nary a smudge or fade to be found. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite eyeliner. The color is a true, intense matte black and lasts all day. Although I would prefer a brush -- I keep q-tips handy for my sometimes unsteady hand.

Wow I am in shock everyone is saying this is long lasting. I usually use loreal liquid felt tip but wanted to branch out and thought this would be better since it was more high end and pricier. This eye liner actually flakes off and leaves black specks all over my face. Never in my life have I seen this. As I type this, my eye liner has patches missing from it where it actually broke off my upper lid. Spots missing off the line where I drew it on is not a good look ladies. To add to it, it actually burned my eyes on application. It goes away and I would disregard this for a good liner, but this is crap. Black specks everywhere on my face and crusty broken off liner is what you will get from this, or at least I did. Then when I try to wipe the dots off my face it smears everywhere! I look like a mess right now! Thanks MAC!

The only other liquid eyeliner I've tried was by Annabelle in Titanium (a dark gray colour, also with precision felt tip). I bought the Mac liquid liner in Boot Black because I wanted a really black liner and I assumed that because it's Mac and I'm paying a lot more for it that it would be even better than the Annabelle stuff I bought at the drug store. No dice.

Honestly, next time I'll just buy the Annabelle stuff in black. My issues with this liner:

1) it's not black enough
2) it smudges really easily! My eye waters a little bit and I have to fix it.
3) It makes goopy black gunk collect in the inner corners of my eyes.
4) my eyes are sensitive and I think it might be irritating them a bit.

It's not completely horrible (otherwise I would return it) but I don't love it and I won't be buying it again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for an liquid eyeliner that would stay on all day and not run if my eyes teared ( happens when I go out in the cold) I tried everything and than passed a MAC store so I decided to ask if they had a liquid eyeliner. The woman in the store suggested there liquid liner and told me that it stayed on. WELL was she ever right, the liner goes on easily,does not look dry like some eyeliners do and stays on FOREVER, I love this product so much that I bought extra tubes just to make sure I don't run out of it. ( there is only one problem, trying to get it off but I found makeup remover does a good job )

I LOVE this liner, I have tried a million diffrent liquid liners and tried so many diffrent brushes etc. This one went on perfectly, no smudging and the brush is like a hard point so I can line easily. NEW HG!

this really does last forever! when i'm too tired to remove my makeup to sleep, i wake up the next morning and its still there. when i do the same thing with fluidline it doesn't. currently i use lancome's eye makeup remover so its not hard to take off. i'm a little shakey with liquid eyeliners but i like the brush it comes with because its hard so it makes it easier. i would use this everyday but like i said my hand is bit shakey so it takes more time for me to apply so i usually use fluidline. i kinda like that it doesn't dry super fast because if i make a mistake i can easily get a cotton swab and fix it with no problem. oh and i love the how dark it is! i will buy again but i think revlon has something similar to this for cheaper so i will check it out.

i am a liquid liner junkie and i have about a million liquid liners and this one is by far my favorite, i can get the perfect cat eye with it. However it does tend to smudge a little through out the day, so i usually go over it with other longer lasting waterproof liners.