Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/25/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a little while and I'm loving the clean and soft feeling that I'm getting from this product. Gentle and effective at cleansing the skin without stripping it and producing more oils. I've since decided to add the Cetaphil moisturiser also as I'm looking forward to seeing how they work together.

Edit: 30/4/17 I have since stopped using this and instead is using the Cetaphil Derma Control cleanser and I'm more then happy with it.

on 10/21/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

After purchasing this cleanser twice I realized that I really am not a fan. I find that it just doesn't do a good job of cleansing. Leaves skin feeling oily and doesnt penetrate into the skin. Threw out the second bottle and stopped using it.

on 10/16/2016 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I wouldn't recommend this cleanser. I have acne-prone/combination skin and this cleanser just kept clogging my pores. I had non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) that kept appearing and inflamed ones (whiteheads). I tried this cleanser for about a month before noticing that it was this product that was causing my skin to breakout every now and then. It is also very drying which is weird since it's supposed to be gentle. Another thing is that it doesn't clean my face really well. There is a waxy-sticky layer on my skin after I wash with it (kind of suffocating). The texture of this cleanser is cream-gel like. (Doesn't foam) IMO it won't remove well makeup or waterproof skincare. If you do use these types of products you might need to double-cleanse. I don't wear makeup or waterproof products and I still felt like this cleanser didn't do its job. Since stopping this cleanser, the non-inflamed bumps (clogged pores) are going away. For me this cleanser didn't work. *Do take note that I don't have chronic acne, but random spots once in a while (prone to acne). This cleanser just made my skin worse even though I didn't have bad acne from the start.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

----

If you ask for samples on their Facebook page (Cetaphil Canada) they will send you some to try very quickly. So you can try-test their products. Also they will also send you coupons and stuff if you ask. I didn't have to ask and they provided me with coupons and more. Their customer service is very good! They are very quick to respond and to send samples.

It is not a bad cleansing product, but it contains paraben, which is known to have some health risks. I would propose more natural cleansers here - http://micellarwaterworld.com .

on 10/7/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a month ago because I didn't want to keep using my boyfriend's expensive bottle of philosophy's purity (even though it's a great cleanser). I also bought this because it's so readily available, and you can buy it in bulk at Costco. Recently, my skin has been on a wild ride, so I needed something that wouldn't break me out. This, luckily didn't. If you work it enough, it will get creamy and have a bit of microfoam, otherwise it doesn't soap up at all. I use it in the shower with lukewarm water and I find that my skin always feels medium clean when I'm finished. When I'm done this bottle, I'm going to try cerave's hydrating cleanser and a different makeup remover because this is really bad for removing makeup.

on 10/16/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hated this. I dont get why this is recommended for dry and sensitive skin. Its like putting lotion on your face and after washing it with water it just makes ur face feel oily and more sensitive (cause a strand of hair fell on my face after washing and it itched like crazy!). Only thing probrably yes, my dry skin is sort of gone but only for a few minutes. After that just felt greasy and oily. Same goes for the moisturizer. Im not a fan of cetaphil products at all.

on 10/3/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have been a fan of this product since I was 11 before the repackaging. I use it off and on and more likely on when I get really bad reaction to a skincare product I use.

I have used this as a makeup remover, cleanser and cleanser for my sponges. It's effective though I tend to use up a lot of it when taking off makeup.

I like the packaging with the pump because it gives you the enough amount you need and it keeps the product fresh.

It's one of the few products that I don't get breakouts or allergies with, that's why I like it a lot.

on 9/24/2016 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have combination skin that is very reactive and sensitive. I have used this cleanser on and off for the last two years (mostly on) and love it. I initially purchased it to use as a first cleanse at night after I had an allergic reaction to some detergent. Once I started using this cleanser my skin healed so quickly (this was after trying loads of others that didn't help at all), I massage it into my dry skin then remove it with a wet cloth, followed by a second cleanse. This combination really works for my skin and leaves it feeling clean fresh without drying it out.
Despite trying out other products I always come back to this one!

on 10/4/2016 10:54:00 AM

Pros (from my experience):
a) suitable for acne prone (you will probably not breakout from using this product), sensitive, dry/combination skin
b) doesn't leave any residue and easy to remove (so its great for those lazy and exhausted days when you don't feel like doing anything)
c) helped me to slightly improve my flaky skin or keep it in control
d) good value for money

Cons:
a) Might not be suitable for people with super oily skin as they might prefer something more exfoliating
b) Will not remove makeup
c) It is not magic in the form of a cleanser so do not expect it to do all the work :P
d) Will help you to keep your acne in control but do not expect it to improve your acne or acne scars.

If you are looking for a gentle cleanser for your daily use I would definitely suggest you to add this to your beauty regime :)

on 9/21/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or dry skin, want a good product but don't want to spend crazy amounts this is The product to use....it doesn't dry out skin at all; if you have very oily skin it's defo still good but might be too gentle.