Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 8/7/2007 4:07:00 PM

This works just like BE mineral veil for me. I use it when I have some excess shine going on my face, it works like a charm. I don't always use it though because the Intensive EM foundation is pretty matte already, but sometimes the shine comes through, and this helps tone it down. Or, if I am looking a little splotchy, I'll put some on and it helps even out my skin tone. The only thing I don't like, is if you put too much on, it looks a little white, or it might take some color out of my face.

I really was not impressed with this product. I have pretty dry skin w/ eczema and some mild t-zone oilies and this did almost nothing to keep me shine-free.

The shade itself is a pale yellowish/peachy color--not the best match for my nw15 skintone, but it applies sheerly enough that was not really an issue. Well-milled imo and looked very natural.

Again, I can not stand the EM packages. The tops are hard to reset fuss-free and the holes in the sifters are too large to throw in a mu bag and take with without a huge mess. continued >>

on 5/2/2007 5:45:00 PM

This maybe helps the makeup set better, but I don't like the matte effect it has over the Original Glo. I'm pretty fond of the "Glo", and would rather just touch that up than kill the Glo with this powder.

on 6/4/2007 9:29:00 AM

This is the best loose powder I have ever tried. It gives a great finish over my face makeup. That being said, I find that the EM Intensive foundation is so great that it looks just fine on its own. While I love owning the Finishing Dust (which I got in the Starter Kit), I don't think I'd repurchase if I ever ran out because it's something I could live without. However, while I have it I definitely use it every day. It's an excellent product if someone feels that the extra step is necessary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finishing Dust is my favorite powder on the market. It looks beigy in the jar but goes on completely invisible. I was worried because I have very sensative skin and this is a Zea Mays (cornstarch) product, but I have had no problems whatsoever. Silk Dust went on white and left me shiny looking after a couple of hours, plus I could feel it on my skin. Finishing Dust makes me look airbrushed, lasts for hours, and I literally can't feel it on my face. EM jars can be a tad messy and a good quality brush is needed for even coverage, but this product is worth trying.

Con: Most mineral products are inorganic and last forever (basically)...Cornstarch is an organic product. Therefore, it needs to be replaced every 2-3 months and should not get wet (because organic things can grow mold).

on 5/26/2007 2:19:00 PM

Great great product. Keeps my face looking matte and feeling very smooth, and I love the effect it has on my upper chest.. Looks and feels nice and smooth.. Definitely a keeper..

on 4/3/2007 2:02:00 AM

I actually think I like this better than BM Mineral Veil, but I'm not too sure as I've only tried the sample size. This sets my mineral foundation/concealer and keeps it looking nearly airbrushed and natural for hours, which is insane because I have very oily skin. I looooove it. I also love that they have three different ones to choose from. The finishing dust and silk dust are both great.

on 4/29/2007 5:01:00 AM

EDM is just wonderful. I continue to try their products as they release new products. Their finishing dust is good, in fact I always keep a full sized jar in stock. For my normal skin, it tends to work well. I have heard some people complain that it doesn't last very long, particularly those with oily skin, but it works well for me. It keeps my make up looking fresh and it controls any oil in my face. It feels really good to put it on too. For those with super oily skin, I suggest looking into their Silk Dust, but be sure to sample that first with caution because those with extreme sensitivities may be allergic to that stuff. I have 2 full sizes of the Silk Dust and I personally love it too. It works extremely well and a little really goes a long way. It controls oil and shine really well.

on 4/13/2007 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this is good for stopping shine and helping the foundation to last longer, the only problem is that it can make you look a little chalky and dry if you don't moisturize really well, or if you use too much. i like to mix in a little of the pick me up concealer with this, it brightens it up. i'm sure bronzer or something would work well too. the packaging is not great, but with minerals it never is.

on 5/1/2007 8:35:00 PM

I agree that this finishing dust works much better at controlling oil than BE's mineral veil, and I have very oily skin. I use this to set my foundation, whether it be mineral foundation, or liquid, and even with my oily skin (and depending on the quality of the skin care regimen with which I'm experimenting on any given day), it's comparatively long-lasting. Additionally, a little goes a long way. Good product.