Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Enter Title

3.3

on 12/24/2008 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
-inexpensive price
-it gives you thick, fat and long lashes
-it stays on all day and does not smudge

Cons:
-the brushes are short; it takes awhile to get used to
-the tube dries out really quickly compared to most mascaras
-length of time to apply to the results you want

I swear by this stuff. I have short wispy Asian lashes and have been on the search for a good thickening and lengthening mascara. I heard good things about the Diorshow Mascara and purchased that. However, after I compared the Diorshow to the Maybelline (using one one each eye) the Maybelline was visibly thicker and longer. Normally I like to wear false eyelashes but this is a good alternative for the days when I don't feel like putting them on.

The only downfall is that the design makes application a bit clumsy. The tube is quite fat and the brushes are really short, so it takes some time getting used to. Also, the formula dries out quite quickly compared to most mascaras. At this price though, I don't mind as this product often goes on sale at my local drugstore.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Gives length and volume without clumping. Not too expensive. Owned one for 9 months and it is still good.

on 12/3/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is a very good "primer" mascara product. (which are all the rage now, aren't they?!) I got this in the waterproof variety in Very Black. The primer went on easily enough, though I had to apply several coats to build up the volume on my lashes. I was a bit concerned that the mascara would clump, but this was not the case. THe mascara applied nice and evenly. The color was a rich, silky black. My lashes looked long and thick and lush. No flakes or smudgingThe overall effect was very nice and natural, but not too in your face. Certainly an appropriate, attractive look for any occasion. I also use Jane's MaxLash2 in Blackest Black ($4.99), and like that as well--though the effect of the Jane brand is more dramatic and more appropriate for night-time, or evening makeup. These kinds of mascaras are best removed by WASHING your face with with a gentle, water soluable cleanser. Just be careful. I use Clean and Clear Gentle Cleanser and have had no problems removing these kinds of mascaras.

on 12/7/2008 2:44:00 AM

This worked ok the first few times I used it but now not so much...It makes my lashes droop after a while and the dramatic look I started out with disappears..prob won't buy again

on 11/28/2008 2:39:00 AM

So as long as you completely ignore the white "primer" half of this mascara it actually is quite good for a drug store brand. I never have quite mastered putting the white part on and then being able to actually cover it all up... and I really dont see the point of the white stuff. anyways enough about white stuff! I recently bough diorshow mascara but found that it wouldnt dry properly therefor leaving black marks on my eyelids when my eyelashes touched them so one day I decided to try this mascara under it and found that the mascara itself actually works as a wonderful base lol! if that makes any sense. well when I am a poor woman.. I tend to reach for this product. it always delivers when Im on a student budget.

on 11/30/2008 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

As I remember I liked this a lot! I remember it made my lashes long. I had no trouble applying the white and covering it with the black.

on 11/1/2008 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

As a step up from the XXL volume r mascara, it was a bit better in volumizing. But they still have not quite figured out how to not get the white fiber base to clump with the mascara. A tip for all, to apply the white fiber base only to the tip of the lashes and NOT at the base, so it doesn't weight it down.

on 10/19/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yet another maybelline tragedy for me. I swear that if it wasn't because of that $2.00 coupon that came attached to this, I would bring this back for a return like yesterday.
First time I wear mascaras I'm always impressed. They all seem great. Of course it takes me into day 2 or 3 to actually see it in action and how it performs. I was sooo underwhelmed by this. There brush applicator is too short to actually get up under the lashes well enough. The primer is useless. And yes, it clumps. Not the thick kind of clumping that I'm actually not bothered by,but the one that somehow manages to glump a bunch of lashes together and make them look like they are malnourished and skinny as hell. Needless to say, I got ZERO volume with this.
Back to Loreal carbon black I go.

on 10/23/2008 9:37:00 AM

I only got to try this product because my sister didn't want it, therefore she give it to. Now i know why she did. This product is horrible....But i have to say it did lengthen my lashes well, whilst making them extremely clumpy and gross looking. I would never want to wear this out in public.

on 10/25/2008 6:13:00 AM

This mascara did nothing for me! Okay it maybe lengthened a LITTLE bit but no matter how many coats i put on it did not give me more volume to my lashes, it would just make it extra clumpy! It was cheap, only cost me 4.50 pounds. but never ever again... Now i know why i hate mascaras with two tubes!