Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.6

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 12/20/2005 9:36:00 AM

At first glance, this looks so similar to many of Chanel's other blushes (such as Tempting Beige and Mystery). Upon swatching it, it's a much lighter version of these colors - more shimmery and peachy. Lovely!

on 12/15/2005 8:23:00 AM

This is the blush color I have always been looking for....a warm,slightly shimmery rose color! HG for me!

Gorgeous blush! I love the scent of Chanel products as well. A floral, expensive, I just bought something that cost and arm and a leg and better look damn good scent. LOL. Pretty pink with almost irridescent glimmer, but oh so subtle. I can see it very casually on my cheeks in the sunlight. This blush would work well with all skin tones. Very pigmented, so a little swipe of the brush goes a long way. I am a LLL with pinkness on my 'T' zone, otherwise neutral skin. Don't love the price $38.50 but will definitely repurchase.

on 11/27/2005 10:26:00 AM

This particular shade of Chanel blush attracted my attention at the Chanel counter recently. All of these dome-shaped blushes in the Joues Contraste group are beautiful, but this one seemed to just shimmer and glow under the lights at the display of testers. I took a cotton ball from the tester area and swept it across the dome of the Orchid Rose and tried it on my hand. Beautiful! Then I tried it on my face. It appears to be a warm pink-beige color, but then on the face these beautiful shimmers appear in all colors, a true multicolor sparkle. I think this could be used as an all-over face shimmer for evenings, if used lightly. It is neutral enough to be used on any skin tone. I think it can also be used as an eyeshadow for really pretty sparkle, maybe as a wash or over other colors. I don't think that any of the other Joues have this multicolor shimmer to them. I cannot believe it took me this long to discover this pretty blush. I like the dome-shape of the product, and at least Chanel gives a useable brush with it. The brush has a nice taper to it, not blunt like so many blush brushes. And of course, there is that beautiful compact. Now I want to try more of these Joues Contraste. I prefer this formula to the Irreels, which don't show up on either my blush brush or my face. I would repurchase Orchid Rose and hope to always have this in my makeup collection!

on 10/14/2005 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My all time favorite Chanel blush is Tempting Beige but it is not available in Asia (where I currently live). Orchid Rose has similar shade/tone but is slightly pinkier. Both shades complement my skintone so I am happy. I am so glad that Orchid Rose has arrived in Asia because I have been subsituting Tempting Beige with Rose De File and Rose Cache. Interestingly enough, these shades work well on me too but I always prefer peachy shade. The trick lies in applying the blush. DO NOT USE THE LITTLE BRUSH IN THE COMPACT. To achieve better result use a big round brush. ie kabuki. Lightly swirl the brush on the blush and then GENTLY sweep it across the cheek. I only sweep it once across my cheeks for daytime makeup.

on 10/1/2005 10:50:00 AM

I knew this color would not be a perfect match for my cool-neutral complexion but under the artificial light in a store it was a drop-dead faboulous beige-rose nuance with a wonderful mauve iridescent shimmers... so I bought it anyway. Very sophisticated color (that is - as some reviewers said - almost impossible to describe) but it doesn't show much on my skin and I'm afraid it is too pale for me. On my face it is just a neutral beige or maybe a pale golden-beige/pale bronze. I think that mauve shimmers can be seen only under the artificial light, but all in all in my case it is more of a very neutral light blush for daytime, too weak and too pale for evening. Anyway I was so fascinated when I saw it for the first time in a store, I thought it was one of the most sophisticated blushes that I have ever seen!.
Chanel Joues Contraste blushes are definitely the most sophisticated nuances around. It is a pitty that the brush is almost useless!

on 9/17/2005 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have started a collection of Chanel Blushes...Orchid Rose is a soft pale gold pink with shimmer, gives a sexy glowy look, for reference I am PPP. Gorgeous blush, next to Chanel Incognito, it's my favorite. Next one to try will be Tea Rose:))

on 9/13/2005 2:33:00 PM

This blush probably has the hardest to describe color of any I own, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

On my skin - warm-netural LLL, NC20 in winter but probably NC25 now, brown hair and eyes - this blush goes on as a pink with some warm plummy tones. I don't know how exactly that works, since when most people think "plum" they don't think "warm" but that might be partially the effects of my own skintone on it, warming it up. However, it is mostly a warm muted pink, with only the slightest hint of berry/plum to it. I think the more you layer on, the more plummy it looks.

Either way it looks fabulous on my skin, makes me glow and can look either natural or dramatic, depending on how you apply it. Love it! continued >>

on 8/7/2005 1:11:00 AM

My first Chanel blush! Orchid Rose is a very pretty peachy/rosey flush colour on my cheeks. I see no plum tones in this, and it goes on much brighter and warmer than it appears in the pan. The first thing I noticed about this was the silky soft texture of the powder. I have to be careful not to pick up too much with my brush. I find a gentle sweep across the dome is plenty for each cheek. Exquisite packaging, classic and beautiful. The tiny brush is a bit useless, but a nice touch nevertheless. Would repurchase but I have never used up a blush completely. I'd love to try other colours in this line. For reference, I use Tarte Smooth Operator foundation in Veil. I'm around a Mac NC25/C2. Light cool/neutral olive complexion. continued >>

This is the perfect Apres Ski blush. I love the peachy rose mauve shimmer to it. Its like silk on. Love it.