Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

I have purchased this many, many times. I have quite a bit of redness from past breakouts and from fraxel laser and this really tones all that down. Smooths out pores, helps foundation go on perfectly and keeps me matte. I have used other primers- MAC, Clinique, Laura Geller, Tarte, Cle de Peau, probably others- and I love this one the best. Never made me breakout, and I've noticed some of the others do.

on 5/12/2008 8:39:00 AM

This product took some getting used to, but I gave it 4 lippies b/c I have learned to love it! It doesn't do a damn thing for redness, so don't expect that. It does make my makeup go on sooo much smoother and even, and it fills in fine lines and wrinkles. I took one lippie off b/c it doesn't correct redness like it says it does, but it works great as a primer. I have very acne prone skin and it hasn't aggravated it, so no worries there.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start this review by saying that I am not a fan of smashbox in general. I think most of their products are over-priced and over-hyped. Yet somehow, this product that has terrible reviews, I happen to love. Let me tell you why. I have combo (more dry at the moment)/acne-prone/sensitive skin. Without foundation my skin is very blotchy. I work in a pretty conservative environment and need to look my best every day. When I decided I needed a primer it was because I would get oily in my t-zone throughout the day and by 5:00p my makeup would have pulled a dissapearing act. I have pretty large sized pores on my cheeks/nose and by the end of the day foundation would be pooled in them. Gross. I tried the original primer and it made me an even greasier mess and did nothing to keep my makeup in place and actually accelerated it melting off of my face. I took a trip to ulta and couldnt decide between this product and their new oil free version of the original. Side by side on my hand I actually liked the texture of this better and figured I could use all of the help I can get as far as covering redness. So, as far as the redness-correcting: well, yeah it does a bit. But not so much that I would purchase this product solely for that purpose. What it does do is help my makeup last all day without me having to touch it up. So for that, this product gets a 5 and I definately will repurchase.

on 5/5/2008 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Would not repurchase.

This product has a nice glide and I'm sure it added some extra moisturization to my skin, but that's about all it did. I need something that will lessen the redness around my nose and the broken blood vessels on my left cheek-- and this wasn't it. I usually just use concealer to great effect but I thought that it would be a treat to myself to purchase this just for that problem area and it was a waste of $.

Lesson learned: check the mua boards and stop making impulse purchases!

Quite simply, I Did Not Like. This is one of the WORST products I've tried in while. I purchased the green primer to help correct some mild redness. It didn't work at all. Not even a little bit. Unfortunately, it didn't even make my foundation go on smoother like its supposed to; rather, it made the foundation kinda peel off and dried my skin out. So, after shelling out some of my hard-earned cash for this, I was left with red, peeling skin. Now I have it sitting in the closet with the other make-up products that just didn't work out.

I was looking for something to improve the appearance of my skin cause I dont like to wear foundation or mineral makeup.But I have a bit of redness aound my nose, chin, and forhead.I bought the green.The only good thing I can say is that it does feel silky on my skin...... Unfortunately it also feels oily,and kind of looks grimy.I realize mixing pea green with a yellow skintone probably wasnt the best idea.But since I was using it on the red areas of my t-zone it wouldnt matter.Regardless of all that it felt gross on my skin.Plus it looked bad too.I left me pretty oily.I'm sure this would work good on a pinker skintone and an oil mattifier but for $36 why bother.

Update** So I got a sample of this and decided to try it out again since I have learned alot of new tricks and have been taking better care of my skin.It does go on smooth at first and looks decent.But just like before it gets oily after awhile.A friend of mine who has great skin loves this primer though.So maybe its geared more towards normal to dry skintypes.

on 1/1/2008 10:11:00 PM

I love the colour correcting properties. The redness in my cheeks are gone. Foundation goes on very smooth after this primer. I love the way it performs. The only thing I don't like is its texture and how it's silicone-based. It feels slippery and oily, even though it's not. Overall it's a nice product I'm likely to repurchase.

on 11/25/2007 10:24:00 PM

Provides a smooth base for foundation but doesn't do much in correcting color. It doesn't feel oily when I put it on in the morning but my face becomes very shiny in the afternoon. Of course when the base melts, everything on it melts too.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't think this covers up redness enough to justify the price. It makes my skin feel nice but that's about it. I don't really find primers to help very much, but this is only the second one I've tried. I wouldn't buy either one again.

on 2/1/2008 1:55:00 PM

I think i'm starting to breakout after using this! ughhhhhhhh