NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 12/26/2008 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

my first nars blush - i love the texture of this - its so SMOOTH! Its a warm orange/red with flecks of gold! It gives a very fresh faced look - i would def re purchase.. what a beautiful product. gorgeous colour.

on 12/12/2008 12:43:00 PM

This is the absolute best cream blush I have ever used, and I have tried them all. the color is bright and glowy, yet natural and "flushed" and the texture is great. It sticks well to the skin like most cream blushes do compared to powder, and then once on the skin gets a nice drier consistency. With other blushes I generally use cream first and then go over with a sheer powder blush for added brightness, but with this one I do not need the added step of the powder blush. I can't believe NARS is famous for orgasm and not this one. Cactus flower has it all over orgasm. Worth every penny.

on 12/11/2008 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Wow, this blush is PIGMENTED. Beautiful coral pink that must be applied lightly. I was shocked when I tried to apply this sparingly with my MAC 109 brush, and it looked kind of scary on my NC45-50 skin. I had to tone it down with some powder. Next time I'll use a stippling brush and see if get better results. Other than that, it isn't greasy or oily like MAC ccbs and it lasted all day on my super oily skin. Although I think the color is pretty, Im not crazy about it that I'd use this up and buy a new one. Pretty, but I doubt this will become a staple for me.

I can see how someone would look at this colour and not want to go near it with a ten ft pole, but I am a really big advocate of red blush (creme especially). I like the fact that these blushes don't have shimmer in them, I think that if you've got bronzer a matte blush looks better/fresher.

Very good, will buy again. Lasts forever.

This is a winner!! I love how this pink brightens my face. It's not an overwhelming bright pink though because I only apply a little at a time and build from there. If you are heavy handed with your blush this will make you look like a clown --guaranteed. Don't use too much

A little goes a long way. This will last forever.
I highly recomm! I am brown skinned and it's a beauty on me. Cannot speak for those significantly lighter or darker than me.....however if you are in the range of NC44 or bare excentual dark-----this is perfect. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because the creme to powder formula can be a little hard to blend but other than that it would have been a 5

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a secret - I believe I finally found my HG blush (shh...don't tell my hubby though, I will still most likely find other products that I need to try :o)
I have very cool LLL skin on my face (my body for some reason looks more golden). I also tend to get very ruddy in the summer. Many blushes I have tried are either too pink, too orange or too purple for my taste. I loved style blush by MAC, but found it made me look gilded. I tried this on a whim at Sephora, and ended up purchasing it (after many MUA consults). For me it is the perfect color. It is a vibrant, coral red (I believe Nars describes it as "poppy" and it suits), that does not look overdone in the least. It blends very well on foundation or powder and adds that extra little POP to my cheeks. Should I ever use it up, I will definately repurchase.

I loved the color of this and how it looked when first on, but didn't even last an hour on my fave just walked around the house. For me it didn't stay at all and I can't have a blush like that, won't work. I am not one to keep reapplying blush throughout the day. The color is a wonderful pop to your cheeks but no staying power for me. Best cream blush I have found and am with now is Dior Backstage, I wish they had more colors to choose from but the staying power is good and the texture is to die for.

on 8/9/2008 3:57:00 PM

This color is so pretty in the compact. I must admit I am drawn to bright blushes like a moth to a flame! However, I really don't like shimmer / glitter in my cheek colors. I tend to go for a more natural look and I feel like shimmer / glitter tends to make it obvious that I'm wearing makeup. Unfortunately the color doesn't really look that great on my skin, either. I was so disappointed! Especially after spending so much money.

on 7/11/2008 10:47:00 PM

This blush is a bright coral/red/poppy with gold shimmer and a slight pink tone. The texture of this blush is a bit drier compared to MAC creme blushes. I find it easy to blend but for some reason, i'm not sure if this color complements my dark olive skin tone...I was hoping to use this as my summer blush, but I'm not 100% sure about this color yet... UPDATE (aug 13, 08): i just tried this blush again and have been using it for the past few days; I must admit - I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I went out to the Nars counter the other day, planning on picking up ONLY the Creme Blush in Cactus Flower. When I got there, it was sitting there, looking absolutely gorgeous (as I had imagined by reading all of these reviews beforehand). But then my eyes wandered over to all of the powder blushes (Angelika and Desire are especially stunning!) and even a few other creme ones... and then to all of the eye shadows; but no, I was very strict with myself, and purchased only the Cactus Flower blush. All the way home, I felt such regret about my purchase (not sure why exactly), but after getting home, and immediately trying it on, all of my regret about buying Cactus Flower, vanished immediately. I first applied a bit on each cheek, where it looks wonderfully flushed and radiant (this is actually the *exact* color my cheeks turn when I blush!), and I find the color can be built up very nicely, without ever really looking clown-like. I then decided to experiment a bit, and try some on my lips. Yes, the color looks gorgeous there, too, but it feels quite uncomfortable and looks somewhat dry (this creme blush has a drier feel than many other greaiser creme blushes, which means that it will last longer and work well on all skin types, including very oily). So I rubbed it off, applied a very thin layer of my trusty Aquaphor, and then applied some Cactus Flower on top. Absolutely perfect! This gets rid of any dry feeling on the lips and also gives the color a slight sheen. So, although I will probably be heading back to the Nars counter within a week to pick up either the Angelika or Desire powder blush, or maybe even an eyeshadow duo, all of my regrets about purchasing Cactus Flower are gone. I am *so* glad that I ended up buying this, because it instantly brightens up my entire face, giving me a healthy "coming-from-within" flush of color (I would describe the color as a warm pink with a slight hint of red, enhanced with very subtle, almost pearly, shimmer). I can honestly say that I can see this working on a wide variety of skin tones. And yes, if I ever run out, I will probably repurchase this.