Neutrogena All-In-One Makeup Removing Cleansing Wipes

Neutrogena All-In-One Makeup Removing Cleansing Wipes
All-In-One Makeup Removing Cleansing Wipes

3.8

Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hexylene Glycol, Sucrose Cocoate, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Peg-4 Laurate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Iodopropnyl Butylcarbamate, Parfum

These are pretty good. They come in a plastic box so they don't dry out, and they get a lot of makeup off. I wouldn't say they get all of the makeup off. There is also a residue after I use them, so I HAVE to wash my face off after using them.

Until I find something better, these are worth the convenience.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Neutrogena's Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes are "gentle, ultra soft cloths offer superior cleansing and makeup removal at your fingertips. Neutrogena promises these cloths will "gently and effectively dissolve all traces of dirt, oil, and makeup in seconds. and leaves skin thoroughly clean with no heavy residu so there's no need to rinse." According to Neutrogena the "patent pending formula is so effective it removes even waterproof mascara." These wipes are ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested, allergy tested, alcohol free, and safe for contact lens wearers. My mum picked these up for me at Walmart, she doesn't recall the price, but they have an MSRP of $6.49. Neutrogena products are tested on animals, as they are a subsidiary of Johnson&Johnson. These wipe were made in the UK.
Neutrogena's Makeup Removing Towelettes come in a blue packet with a sticky tab closure. Of course the closure doesn't' actually stay closed, they so rarely do. The name of the product, along with some product info are on the front of the packet. More product info, directions, and ingredients can be found on the back of the packet. Yay informative packaging. If you purchase a "starter kit" like I have, you also get a plastic, reusable, recyclable blue box to keep your packet in, offering additional protection for your wipes. You don't really need the blue box, but it's nice to have, it looks nice sitting on my sink, and it helps keep the wipes from getting drying out.
Each towelettes is white, not particularly stretchy with no fancy texture. They're sturdy wipes, I can barely tear them with a lot of force. They're pretty average in size, I'd estimate them to be about 7x6". They're not as moist as I'd prefer, the edges seem to be the most moist, the centers are pretty dry. I should probably start storing them upside down. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes remove makeup decently. They take off my face makeup with ease. Eye makeup? Eh, that's a different story. Eyeshadow is no trouble at all, but eyeliner and mascara are much more stubborn. I can't get all my mascara off with just these wipes alone, I need to wet the eye area first, which kinda makes using this towelette pointless. I highly doubt that Neutrogena's towelettes can handle waterproof mascara. I also find it interesting that Neutrogena mentions that these cleansing wipes leave "no heavy residue" as opposed to "no residue". At least they're honest about it. These wipes do leave a residue. It makes my skin feel tight and a little bit itchy, I definitely have to at least splash my face with a bit of water after use, once again, defeating the purpose of this product. If I have access to a sink, why would I use a wipe? Fail.
hese wipes have a neutral, soft, soapy scent to them, I think most Neutrogena products are scented this way. It's pretty faint and fades away almost instantly, it shouldn't bother those with scent sensitivities.
Overall I'm not a fan of Neutrogena's Makeup Remover Towelettes. I should've known better than to ask for these. In the commercial, Jennifer Garner uses them and her makeup doesn't even come off! These wipes aren't moist enough. They take off my foundation in one swipe, but it just can't handle my eye makeup. It's really pointless to use a cleansing towelette if you have to rinse before and after usre. Makeup removing wipes never seem to work out for me. Sigh. I guess these towelettes are more suited for those who wear minimal makeup. I don't really recommend Neutrogena's Makeup Remover Cleansing Towlettes unless you only wear a bit of makeup. I wouldn't repurchase these either, I prefer Yes To's towelettes. By the way, these wipes aren't a very good value as they might seem. They're sold around $6.50 for packs of 21 or 25, you don't even get a full month's supply. Not cool, Neutrogena.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When it comes to removing all that gruesome makeup by the end of the day, these towelettes get the job done. The packaging isn't all that attractive, but the product does its job.

on 7/10/2012 1:52:00 PM

I've been using the Pond's Original Makeup Removing Wipes for years. I never thought they were great, they always dried out and the packaging would never stay closed but they were all I knew so they weren't terrible. Boy was I wrong, after using these, my skin feels cleaner, more moisturized, and they don't tug on my skin like the textured Pond's did. LOVE these, will be repurchasing.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Unlike the Nivea wipes, these do not dry out. However you do have to carefully wipe a few times to get everything off. I use a toner right after this and there will be LOTS of makeup on the cotton ball so obviously it doesn't do its job that well. But for wiping and reapplying makeup on-the-go, I guess it's good enough.

Biore makeup wipes are a lot better (due to more cleanser in the wipe), and gets a lot more makeup off in a single swipe. However they are slightly pricier. That being said, this price difference is small so I will be going for Biore from now on.

Upping my review from 4 stars to 5 stars because I find that I really do like these. I bought these and finished the entire package and would repurchase them. These are good cleansing wipes, very gentle yet remove everything. They remove all my makeup with one wipe, even my stubborn mascara. I wash my face after removing my makeup with these wipes, and so far no breakouts after completing the pack.

on 6/30/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I never used makeup remover wipes just makeup remover for maybe my eyes. I thout that my cleanser with a wash cloth would do just the same and wipes were just a waste of money. Boy was I wrong! These neutrogena wipes are fantastic! It gets off all the makeup on my face and eyes. And the wipe is thick enough to be able to use both sides. After I use the wipes I do follow up with my cleanser and a wash cloth (cetaphil cleanser) and then rinse with warm water. But I no longer have terribly stained white wash cloths that never looked clean even though they are. The wipes are stained and then just go in the trash! They travel easy too! I would def recommend!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use these every night before I go to bed to take off my makeup. A lot of other brands that I have used feel harsh on my skin but these leave my skin feeling soft and ready for moisturizer. They have a mild scent that adds to the fresh clean feeling they give you. I can use just one wipe and it takes off all of my makeup. Great product!

on 4/29/2012 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pretty good wipes. They get the job done. They really do remove all kinds of make up including stubborn mascara. However, they have a very odd smell to them, which is what bothers me about them. They also feel a bit drier than some other wipes I've used. They do leave a residue behind, but that doesn't bother me since I wash my face right after.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Get off all types of makeup and don't dry out in the package :) Leave some residue behind though so washing your face after is recommended