Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I just don't get this product! I find it a bit gunky and not easy to smooth in. Then I get this ugly sheen all over my lid which is a bit tacky. My eyeshadows just don't go on easily and the colour is changed. No I don't like it. But that's me.

on 7/13/2016 6:04:00 PM

I have never written a review for any product before. But I have to say this is the absolute best eye shadow primer I have ever used, and being in my sixties, I've tried many. It's easy to apply and I am always amazed at how great my eye makeup looks when I am ready to remove it at night. The funny thing is my sister raved about it and I told her I had tried it before and would try it again. I happened to find my tube in my make up drawer. I assumed it would be dried up, but it not only wasn't dried up, it worked like a charm. It's fantastic.

I've been using this since 2011 after hearing about its cult status. Bought it with no questions asked, because I'm on a lifelong quest to find the best primer potion + eyeliner combo.

*Important Note: I live in Singapore where humidity level is never lower than 90%. And my eyelids are greasier than Kentucky's Fried Chicken. Nothing ever works 100% for me. But if it does work 80%, it's more than enough!*

It's pale beige in colour, glides on eyelids smoothly (most of the time) and it has pretty good holding strength. Some say best in the arsenal of make up. But I'd say it's 80%.

Here's what I like about it:
- I have an incorrigibly oily eyelids, so it does a good job of holding my eye makeup in place.
- I like the neutral base colour.
- A tube could last me a long, long time. 1.5 - 2 years. On average I use this 5 times a week. This is crazy, I'm more likely to lose it before I finish it.

Here's what I don't like about it:
- After a couple of months, it gets a little dry. It still glides on but some days it gets cakey and it's obvious. This is very annoying. Does anyone encounter this too?
- This brings us to the packing. It changed a couple of times during these 5 years. I prefer the squeeze tube to be honest. Since it's already prone to drying out.
- It's holding power is overrated for my eyelids. My eyelids are so oily, that it would smudge UD 24 hr waterline pencil and UD eye primer potion combo. So yes, it's strong but I have to touch up every 3 - 4 hours.

While I'm keen to try other products, I would buy it again, in a flash when other products doesn't work.

This product is amazing! It's something I bought a year ago thinking I would probably hardly ever use, but in fact I have used it a ton. I bought a smaller tube at Nordstrom Rack and it has lasted me forever. My eyeshadow and eyeliner stays in place the whole day. I would buy this again and again!

Amazing primer! Love the new packaging; so easily to apply. Provides crease free coverage and glides on smoothly. Dries almost instantly and does not make eyeshadow cake up or crumble.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Totally love using. It really makes my eye shadow stick which is great for my Asian eyelids. I don't use it every day but I use it for special events. Not sure how much it helps with eyeliner staying out but definitely helps with shadow. Nice smooth texture.

on 6/2/2016 10:13:00 AM

The only eye shadow primer I will use! I tried this vs too faced shadow insurance a few years ago and this won. A little tiny bit goes a long way and I feel like the color of it makes a nice clean base. Keeps my eye shadow and liner on for 8+ hours. Sometimes it gets a little messy if I'm sweaty but it happens. I will usually buy the travel size which I think is around $12 and it lasts me FOREVER. I've gotten samples of different primers from palettes (lorac and smashbox) and they do not compare. The squeeze tube is also great. I use this every single I wear makeup. I can't be without.

on 6/13/2016 5:55:00 PM

I keep wanting to like this, but I really can't. I have oily eyelids, and this stuff doesn't do anything. It's quite watery, and I tried shaking it to make it less watery, which sort of worked. But no eyeshadows I tried stayed on at all. And at $20 it's not worth it. I have the Too Faced insurance right now, which I like more, but am looking for a better one. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

This a staple in my makeup kit. It's an eye shadow primer that works.

I tend to purchase the smaller, travel size because I don't use eyeshadow every day and usually just use this for eyeliner. You don't need a huge amount either, just a dot rubbed between your fingers is good enough.

It has a beige-y tone to it so it neutralizes my veiny eyelids, which is nice for me. Sometimes if I put on a little too much it makes my eyes seem a little too white, so I have to go over it with a little eyeshadow so it doesn't look to weird.

Makes my eye shadow so much richer and brighter. It adds no color to any of my looks, which I like a lot. In addition, my makeup tends to last a longer throughout the day.

I like purchase only a certain few products that I know work pretty well and this one is definitely something I tend to go back to as a staple.

on 6/11/2016 4:27:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! I was so sceptical that it would actually live up to the hype, but it totally does! It may seem a little pricey to sum for the size of the tube, but you only need the very tiniest amount for you eyeshadow to last forever.
I also have very sensitive skin and can easily end up getting itchy and irritated eyelids from makeup products (eg. Any thing 'Benefit' creates), but I had absolutely no irritation from this product.
If you're thinking of buying this product, do it. You won't regret it.