Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/12/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my first time writing a review for a product on this website. Mostly because i tend to not write reviews on products that i didn't like. BUT I HAD to write one on the much raved about Urban Decay Primer Potion. This eyelid primer is thick & even when waiting for it to dry it caused my eyeshadow to become extremely hard to blend. That's not even my biggest problem. This caused my eyelids to become incredibly itchy throughout the day. One day i had gotten some dust in my eyes so they started watering and a few tears streamed down my eyes. I was wearing this eyelid primer & since some of my tears got on my under eyes and around my nose a few minutes later i felt some itching on my under eyes and my around my nose. Once i got home and washed off my makeup i noticed i had developed a rash on my under eyes and around my nose. The Urban Decay primer potion was the only new product i was using & was probably responsible for my current rash situation. Will be returning it immediately! ELF's eyeshadow primer is much better & cheaper than the UDPP, & i will go back to using it

on 8/8/2016 6:06:00 PM

Best eyeshadow primer ever! I have the oiliest eyelids so finding the perfect eyeshadow primer has been quite the journey. I usually refuse to give into anything that's hyped but this product definitely deserves the hype it gets. Yes, this primer is pretty pricey. It's $20 (USD) if you get the full size and $12 if you get the travel size. I always get the travel size because I personally wouldn't spend $20 for a product that gives you less than an ounce of primer. Plus, a little bit of primer goes a LONG way. The travel size lasts me about 1-2 years (I don't wear makeup everyday) because I only use one small drop for both eyes. My eyeshadows never crease, stays on all day, and my eyelids never get oily with this primer on. I don't think I will ever get an eyeshadow primer from a different brand again.

on 8/8/2016 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really didn't wanna buy into a hype and didn't wanna try this for a long time. At some point a few years ago, when my lids got oilier and no base could save my e/s from creasing anymore, I caved in an tried this. I didn't like the packaging with the appilcator, but I made it work.

And then I bought another one...and another one...and yes, now I'm stuck on it.

I don't like that it's hard to blend on the edges, but I can also make that work. My e/s never smudges with this. I've woken up after parties several times and my eye mu was still almost perfect.

The price is fine, cause it's a really good product.

I just don't get this product! I find it a bit gunky and not easy to smooth in. Then I get this ugly sheen all over my lid which is a bit tacky. My eyeshadows just don't go on easily and the colour is changed. No I don't like it. But that's me.

on 7/13/2016 6:04:00 PM

I have never written a review for any product before. But I have to say this is the absolute best eye shadow primer I have ever used, and being in my sixties, I've tried many. It's easy to apply and I am always amazed at how great my eye makeup looks when I am ready to remove it at night. The funny thing is my sister raved about it and I told her I had tried it before and would try it again. I happened to find my tube in my make up drawer. I assumed it would be dried up, but it not only wasn't dried up, it worked like a charm. It's fantastic.

I've been using this since 2011 after hearing about its cult status. Bought it with no questions asked, because I'm on a lifelong quest to find the best primer potion + eyeliner combo.

*Important Note: I live in Singapore where humidity level is never lower than 90%. And my eyelids are greasier than Kentucky's Fried Chicken. Nothing ever works 100% for me. But if it does work 80%, it's more than enough!*

It's pale beige in colour, glides on eyelids smoothly (most of the time) and it has pretty good holding strength. Some say best in the arsenal of make up. But I'd say it's 80%.

Here's what I like about it:
- I have an incorrigibly oily eyelids, so it does a good job of holding my eye makeup in place.
- I like the neutral base colour.
- A tube could last me a long, long time. 1.5 - 2 years. On average I use this 5 times a week. This is crazy, I'm more likely to lose it before I finish it.

Here's what I don't like about it:
- After a couple of months, it gets a little dry. It still glides on but some days it gets cakey and it's obvious. This is very annoying. Does anyone encounter this too?
- This brings us to the packing. It changed a couple of times during these 5 years. I prefer the squeeze tube to be honest. Since it's already prone to drying out.
- It's holding power is overrated for my eyelids. My eyelids are so oily, that it would smudge UD 24 hr waterline pencil and UD eye primer potion combo. So yes, it's strong but I have to touch up every 3 - 4 hours.

While I'm keen to try other products, I would buy it again, in a flash when other products doesn't work.

This product is amazing! It's something I bought a year ago thinking I would probably hardly ever use, but in fact I have used it a ton. I bought a smaller tube at Nordstrom Rack and it has lasted me forever. My eyeshadow and eyeliner stays in place the whole day. I would buy this again and again!

Amazing primer! Love the new packaging; so easily to apply. Provides crease free coverage and glides on smoothly. Dries almost instantly and does not make eyeshadow cake up or crumble.

This a staple in my makeup kit. It's an eye shadow primer that works.

I tend to purchase the smaller, travel size because I don't use eyeshadow every day and usually just use this for eyeliner. You don't need a huge amount either, just a dot rubbed between your fingers is good enough.

It has a beige-y tone to it so it neutralizes my veiny eyelids, which is nice for me. Sometimes if I put on a little too much it makes my eyes seem a little too white, so I have to go over it with a little eyeshadow so it doesn't look to weird.

Makes my eye shadow so much richer and brighter. It adds no color to any of my looks, which I like a lot. In addition, my makeup tends to last a longer throughout the day.

I like purchase only a certain few products that I know work pretty well and this one is definitely something I tend to go back to as a staple.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Totally love using. It really makes my eye shadow stick which is great for my Asian eyelids. I don't use it every day but I use it for special events. Not sure how much it helps with eyeliner staying out but definitely helps with shadow. Nice smooth texture.

Video Reviews & Tutorials