Victoria's Secret Love Spell

Love Spell

3.4

on 8/1/2012 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

In truth, I hate the smell of it It's too....strong for me...like a car freshener! I don't like it at all :( But all the boys love it. My husband loves it. So when I squirt myself with it, I try not to smell it so I wont get dizzy

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love this in high school. It was my favorite, now its overwhelming and cheap smelling to me. It may have been a fad back in the day because now it just smells childish and too sweet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A heartbreaker for me. The scent in the bottle is absolutely, divinely delicious: wonderfully tart fruit punch. On my skin, unfortunately, it's very sweet, almost overripe peach. As a "proper" Southern girl, I don't object to peach, but I don't like very sweet scents of any kind. Despite this, I really have a thing for this scent - the body butter was probably the first beauty product I've ever finished, and I'm always contemplating popping into VS for a bottle of the mist even though I know I'll smell like gummi peach rings. I'm also a huge sucker for the candy colors and gold accents of the Fantasies line. With all that out of the way, I understand why many people have unpleasant scent associations with something worn by half the population of teenage girls in North America. That's a traumatic time for a lot of people, with many painful social situations and unkind peers; I'm pretty sure that in a few years people will be writing similar vitriolic reviews about BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom. However, it's important to remember that a perfume is merely an accessory, something to enhance your enjoyment of yourself and perhaps to please other people in the process. You wear the scent; it does not wear you. Wearing Love Spell doesn't make someone a slut or a stripper any more than wearing Shalimar makes her a Mughal empress or your grandmother or whatever your association with that fragrance is. It's true that Love Spell seems to be everywhere, but this isn't a reason to give it poor reviews, either. The truth is that every single being is unique regardless of what perfume they wear, how they style their hair, what books they read; only a terribly insecure person really maligns something for being common, and does so out of desperation to believe that she's truly unique for avoiding it. In any case, I really need to find a way to work more Love Spell into my existence - maybe I'll start using it as a linen spray. It'd also be awesome if sister company BBW started selling Love Spell Wallflowers...hint hint.

Eyes: Violet

Love Spell is a beautiful delicious fruity fragrant for the right person. I love how it smelled from the bottle. However, it smells like a sugary fruit stand in the summer on me. My sister didn't have any luck either. It gave me a head ache whenever my sister wears it. Maybe our body chemistry just weren't compatible with the scent. I think it makes a wonderful room deodorizer. I would not mind this scent as long as people use it sparingly. I think the right body chemistry matters too because love spell obviously smells very nice and sweet from the bottle

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Oh, Love Spell. How I used to adore thee during my younger years, when I was green and innocent to the world of makeup, perfumes, and caring about how I looked (and NO I'm not saying anyone who enjoys this scent is any of the former, I'm just being dramatic so go with it). Seriously though, when I was in my early teens I was in love with this smell. My family never bought into my adolescent indulges though so they'd shrug and tell me to hit up Walmart whenever I started whining about how much I wanted it. Now, however...I have no idea what happened. I guess my nose changed or whatever because I find Love Spell to be absolutely horrid. It smells fake, juvenile, and isn't worth a penny in my opinion. Of course noses differ so people are going to like it, and I fully understand that. I just wish I still did, though. Unfortunately it went from smelling like beautiful lavender to smelling like a mutated peach. I can't even.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love just about anything Victoria's Secret makes. But honestly I cannot stand this scent. It smells really cheap. I tried wearing it once and I didn't feel pretty. It's weird because everything else they do is awesome and makes you feel pretty and sexy when you have it on. But this scent just doesn't work. It is also super recognizable so you always know when you walk by someone who's wearing it.

on 6/12/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like this, but am not in love. Very fruity, very girly...not especially long-lasting for me...but it's a pleasant smell (and guys seem to like it)

on 6/14/2012 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This seems to be either love or hate fragrance. I feel like I can not say that it is a bad scent since so many people seem to like it. Not for me. I will not purchase.

on 5/18/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

This smells so good, like flowers and summer! I used this when I was a kid and I always buy it for teen girls as gifts. Smells great and boys love it. Brings back memories!

Smells great!