Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 3/26/2009 12:39:00 PM

I bought this mascara just to try. Its a good mascara, the formula is a dry formula which holds the curl very well.( I really like dry mascaras) It does add a good amount of volume, the only thing about it is that because of the dry formula, you have to be carefull when putting it on because it may clump.

on 3/14/2009 8:51:00 PM

Eh nothing special about this mascara. It's billed as a volumizing mascara and in a super fat tube. So they are setting up the expectations pretty high already. The results are ok - I get teensy lengthening and some volume. Nothing dramatic or lash fattening. The good news is that the mascara did not drag down my curl or irritate my eyes. The waterproof version is truly waterproof but it's not smudgeproof. I have worn this mascara several times on rainy days and I didn't get runny racoon eyes. Though when my skin gets a bit oily from the humidity then I get smudges underneath my eyes. It's not a terrible mascara but don't expect miracles either.

on 2/17/2009 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CONTINUE FOR PICTURES

With two coats on.

I wanted to try this mascara out since it had decent reviews on makeupalley. I did not like it at all. The formula is very wet. For a waterproof mascara, it did not hold my curl all that well. Thickening was so so. Ive tried a lot better that are equally affordable (MAX Factor Lash Perfection). continued >>

I am SO shocked at the mixed reviews for this....I have tried tons and tons of drugstore mascaras....all sorts of maybelline, almay, rimmel, covergirl, neutrogena, etc mascaras...I had even settled on MaxFactor as my almost HG mascara...I really liked one of the "unpopular" maxfactor mascaras because I could'nt even stand that 2000 calorie one or whatever that gets rave reviews.....But then I came across this cause my college roomie uses it and even though I was kinda doubtful, I soon fell in love! This is my borderline HG since I wanna try some more mascaras before I officially find my HG....but nonetheless, this holds my curl AMAZNGLY and makes my lashes so long and thick..I have it in very black and I love the effect...This is the second time I've bought this and I even got 2 dollars off of it at walmart cause it came with a coupon attached to it, so that made it even more awesome...I also use my mascaras with a heated up curling iron (heat it up with the hairdryer!) and my lashes have never looked so great!

Update: Still my ultimate HG mascara! I ALWAYS find myself coming back to this from YEARS and YEARS of plenty other mascaras because this seems to have the most versatility. This mascara has the absolute most pigmented blackest black of any other ones I've tried, and it is such a gloss pretty black! The formula is very wet, which some people may not like, but I find that it enables me to mold my lashes around until I'm content with the look. The small narrow wand lets me get into all the little nooks and crannies of my lashline, and it separates my lashes well. This mascara is extremely buildable, and I find that if I take my time to add numerous layers of this mascara on, I get tons of compliments on my lengthened, voluminous, glossy jet black, pretty lashes! Make sure lashes are thoroughly curled with a lash curler to see the full effects of this HG mascara!

on 3/6/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Thickening mascara is a must on my long but fine and pale (in contrast with my dark hair) lashes, and I always wear waterproof (contact lenses and sensitive, allergy-prone eyes; also lashes have very little natural curl and need a waterproof formula to set the one I give them). A fat, feathery, but plausibly natural fringe of lashes is my ideal. VETB comes surprisingly close to delivering. It has a very user-friendly brush - slim and not too bushy - that makes accessing roots and eye corners easy. The downside of this is that the bristles are quite separated - presumably to help achieve the volume potential lost by not having a large, dense wand - so without careful application clumps tend to appear after the first layer. A few quick swipes with a metal eyelash comb fixes that. Usefully buildable without looking brittle, from subtle definition and beefing up through to Bambi meets Barbie - an advantage if, like me, you occasionally wear glasses and require different looks from one mascara. Feels weightless on yet holds a curl beautifully - no drooping throughout the day. Matte, true black shade leaves a slight grey residue under the eye by nightfall, but no noticeable smudges, and removes swiftly with an oil-based cleanser (homemade cleansing oil or jojoba oil followed by Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser here). Cheap and replaceable at a time when drugstore mascaras seem to be creeping ever upwards in price. I'd prefer a slightly glossier finish and a brush of the same size and width with more bristles. Otherwise, a good, overlooked all-rounder.
Ingredients (from outer packaging): Isododecane, cera microcristallina (microcrystalline wax), C8-9 isoparaffin, cera alba (beeswax), disteardimonium hectorite, carnauba wax, aqua (water), propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/VA copolymer, lecithin, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate, copolymer, oryza stiva (rice starch), polyvinyl laurate, sodium polymethacrylate, propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 dimethicone, hydrogenated jojoba oil, polyquarternium-10, silica, panthenol, calcium sodium borosilicate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben (may contain CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499/iron oxides, CI 77891/titanium dioxide, CI 75470/carmine, CI 77007/ultramarines, CI 77288/chromium oxide greens, CI 77289/chromium hydroxide green, CI 77742/manganese violet, mica, CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide).
UK: 4.87, from Boots, Superdrug and independent chemists nationwide.

on 3/14/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

When i bought it i remember me liking it...however it was my first mascara. maybe it was good then. i hear that mascaras "get bad" after a couple months. mine smells funky too. and when i use it now it is HORRIBLY clumpy and won't lengthen. it does make them thick though. too bad that thick lashes are not sexy when its filled with clumps. i'm sure you've seen people with those lashes from time to time. ick. it's also very hard to take off if you don't have a eye makeup remover. well honestly, i don't disbelieve the people who swear it looks so fabulous on them, but mine doesn't look good on me at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this mascara for Years... it makes me little lashes look large & in charge! Holds the curl well and doesn't look clumpy. I couldn't be without it!

on 2/7/2009 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara...it does everything I need!!My eyes look bigger and my lashes much thicker and longer!And as for the price it's totally reasonable.It's a really lovely product....all of u should buy it!!

on 2/2/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like the fact that it does add dramatic volume to the lash, but I hate the flaky under the eyes after half a day.....I have to got to the restrooms to check the falling flakes every now and then, and I need to use the heated eyelash curler to prevent it from sagging down, I would much rather choose Lancome's mascara over this

on 2/2/2009 11:47:00 AM

I tried most of the Maybelline mascaras and this is definitely one of my favorite ones! It not only curls but adds volume to my eye lashes. Since my eyes are smaller, so it really makes my eyes look bigger. You have to try it yourself in order to see the effects. =)