Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1916 reviews

on 10/29/2008 3:22:00 PM

It's sweet! It's good! But, it's no perfume! It contains all kinds of yummy notes (raspberry, orange, bergamot, red berries, licorice, cotton candy, caramel, vanilla, musk..), but it could have been better balanced so that it would actually suit a living person. It's just too much "Wham!" to be called elegant, or even girly/youngish. I do not use this as a perfume, which I think of as a sensual elongation of all that encompasses the individual that wears it. Pink Sugar has taken the role of an all-purpose yummy spray for me. I spray it on my bedsheet, my teddy, my pyjama, my bathroom, my scarves and any item or room that I want to smell comforting to me. It's very cuddly and I imagine I will be spraying it alot when Christmas comes around the corner. Definitely not a signature scent for me though, not at all!!!

on 10/7/2008 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I always dismissed this as being for little girls until I smelled it on someone and realized it's not just sugar and vanilla. Obviously it's not for everyone, being extremely sweet and not sophisticated or mysterious or ladylike. But it smells really good. It does not smell cheap, it's light and clean - it's sexy but not heavy or in-your-face. I really like it and always get compliments, mostly from men. It's not sneezily floral or headachey musk. You only need one spray of this, and it lasts a long time without changing.

There are a lot of bath and lotion products but they don't smell exactly the same as the fragrance - all sweet, no bottom notes. Booth's Vanilla Butter 4-in-1 lotion is a dead ringer and a great lotion that's not expensive.

My husband LOVES this stuff - if I wear it I know I won't be sleeping with clothes on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is addictive. It was cotton candy from the get go. It stayed that way. I tried the body cream, same effect, but with more of a Noxema mixed in, not as found. I am looking at the cream perfume - that may be fabulous. Back to the scent - I can see guys loving this. I took a shower, and it lasted through it. I can still smell it. I smell like a girly girl, which I like, and young, which I love. I think that if I want a guy to fall in love with me, this is what I need to be wearing. I think I am going to purchase tomorrow, since I may have a date in the next few days and I like him!

UPDATE; Forget the guy, this stuff seems to affect everyone in a really positive way without them knowing why. Everyone is so happy around me suddenly and they all seem to love me. The cotton candy scent is probably evoking good memories without them realizing it, so that the general feeling would be one of well-being and if it occurs when I am around, then the feeling gets attached my the visual of me and that works for me just fine. Yes. Lovin' this!

I'm usually not too keen on foody-scents, but for some reason, not only can I tolerate this scent - I'm absolutely in love with it. This is a caramel/vanilla blend that makes you smell like a giant muffin. But a sexy muffin! I love Pink Sugar, but there is definitely a need to be careful in not overdoing it on the application. Seriously ladies, take it easy unless you WANT to fumigate the room. Having said that, I've gotten so many compliments on this fragrance - mostly from men. It's sweet, girly, and innocent. I would suggest this fragrance for women in their teens and twenties, however, because I feel the scent is geared toward a younger crowd. I could be wrong, though! Pink Sugar is more light and bubbly than sultry, however, and I usually opt for a different fragrance in the evening. The packaging is cute, but not exactly a work of art like your designer bottles or anything of that nature. The product is reasonably priced at $35-$50 US (at time of my purchase) for 1.7 oz and 3.4 oz, respectively.

Notes: Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Barbe-a-Papa, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder

Keep your eyes peeled around the holidays, especially at Sephora - they usually have great Aquolina Pink Sugar gift sets that are significantly cheaper than regular prices.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

After years of searching I've finally found the perfect perfume. Pink Sugar makes me feel fabulous when I wear it; it's so light and `warm' with a base of sensual vanilla. I have the large bottle, body mousse & deodorent at home, and the smaller bottle in my handbag. I don't get bored with this fragrence, like I do with everything else I've tried over the years.

The first time I wore Pink Sugar to work one colleague commented on the aroma of drinking chocolate as I was in the lift with her. The next time I was in the lift, everyone commented on my lovely vanilla perfume. After I applied a freshen up spray, another colleague said she could smell cakes! Yet another colleague demanded to know what I was wearing, and where she could get some. Strangers come up to me in the street to ask what scent I'm wearing...

No this isn't a cheesy ad, it really happened!!

What do I sense first? Liquorice, a rich aniseed scent that gradually settles into a middle note of caramel. Marshmallow is the first word that springs to mind to me.

If you like Angel, Fantasy or Princess you need to give this a try!

Okay, here's the thing with Pink Sugar; yes, it is not elegant or mature. I am not sure anyone in marketing over there is claiming such. It is a sweet, cotton candy, vanilla smell with just enough complexity to make it a legitimate perfume instead of a dime store sugar coty bottle. It is SEXY. I just purchased a bottle on a lark from Sephora while buying my usual Stella McCartney Rose Absolue, (Chanel Coco Mademoiselle in the winter), and my husband went crazy. Mind you, he and I will both probably tire of it before the steamy summer is over, but for now I spray it on every time I look at the bottle and I get to pretend I am some trampy blond instead of the marc jacobs loving doctoral science major brunette 29 year old, (not that I have a problem with the real Stella wearing girl). In other words, it's just fun. In fact, I bought the pink glitter roll on version, and I feel even more racy. But don't wear it to an interview.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ahh, perfume is a passionate topic. But I would appreciate seeing the loathers put a little objectivity into the review. That said, pink sugar is dang cute! And smells dang cute, too. For a sugar-cotton-candy scent I found it caramelly and wearable and less cloying than stuff like J.Simposon's dessert. I like the dry chypres, woody and fresh citrus stuff usally, yet I can keep an open mind to this. And I gotta say, if you are 80 and you wanna smell dang cute, go ahead. If you are 13 and wanna smell dang cute, go ahead! All this talk on perfume and "age" is pure silliness. I smelled Mitsuko for the first time at 18 and fell in love! "Shalimar" is considered "mother's" perfume yet many a sophisticated teen has tried it. To say that teens must relegated to the fruity-floral and sugary gourmand is ridiculous.

on 11/22/2005 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

GAH!

After hearing so many positive reviews of this fragrance, and after not finding anything like it in the middle of Illinois, I decided to drive to the Sephora in Indianapolis to finally try and buy this perfume. I originally planned to just buy it online, but a few of the reviews here made me hesitant to do that without first smelling it.

I am so thankful for good sense. I smelled the perfume in the bottle, and I fell in love with it. I sprayed it onto a piece of paper, and I wanted to kiss all of the little dogs in the...neighborhoods next to the mall. I sprayed it onto my wrists, and I almost screamed in disgust.

My boyfriend, bless his heart, tried to make it seem as if it was a decent enough smell on me ("Well, it's not the best one you have, but it's not bad..."), but he kept shooting me looks that exclaimed, "You drove 2 hours to get this crap?!" I'm not exactly sure what happened from the bottle to my skin, but this perfume turned into the most rancid, metallic, nose-hair singeing scent I've ever tried. Sugar? No. Cotton candy? No. Caramel? No. Anything that makes you happy? No.

Instead, I got two wrists that smelled like acrid caramelized sugar soot that had been left in a cast iron skillet to die. Plus, something kept making my nose itch. I immediately ran to the bathroom to wash my wrists, but the danggone stuff was already in my blood or something, as I could still smell it the next day. As time went on, the chomping-on-vitamins smell left, only to be replaced by a smoldering plastic scent that I...I still can't explain it. Like I was stuck in a BIC factory and got too close to the pen molds?

The funniest part? After about 10 hours, part of the perfume turned into the most delicious aroma I'd smelt in a while. The funnier part? The scent was so hard to detect that I had to literally place my wrist next to my nostrils. The plastic scent? Still there.

Please, try this before buying it. When it's good, it's the best thing in many parts of the world. When it's bad, it'll force you to drive 130 miles in 40 degree weather with the windows down.

on 2/9/2017 6:39:00 PM

Smells so sweet and lasts can't go wrong with a little pink sugar in your life...

on 6/1/2016 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

On my third bottle I use it slowly because I've been buying this for years. I have a back up bottle as well. My son thought I was making cotton candy one day when I sprayed it lol it has a strong burnt caramel note but I like these types of perfumes more than fruity and flowery ones. Sweet perfumes tend to last longer than florals do. And in my opinion yes it does smell similar to prada candy but the difference is ps has the strong burnt caramel smell and pc has more of a perfumey undertone like an old powerhouse fragrance with sweets over it. I really like prada candy don't get me wrong but ps is cheaper so I'll stick with it instead. One thing I've noticed is the older this perfume gets the better it smells .. My current bottle I'm using is almost gone and I've had it for a while and I noticed the smell isn't so much cotton candy now it's more of a caramel cookie type scent .. I had it on the other day and kept smelling cookies then realized it was my perfume.. This ones a true keeper it lasts and smells divine in fresh or old form and not too many perfumes last so I reccomended this and the price point is more than affordable .. I love to smell like pink sugar 💋

Popular Fragrances