Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1923 reviews

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Reading the reviews on Pink Sugar have made me come to one conclusion ~ this scent really differs on person to person based on body chemistry.

On me...Pink Sugar is HG status. While others have mentioned it being too "kiddish" for thier liking, I have not had that issue. In fact I was initially dissapointed when this turned out to be a more "grown up" sweet scent. I haven't been able to detect cotton candy, nor licorice, nor a burnt note. Pink Sugar is elegant, warm, sweet, feminine, cozy, foody, floral, clean. It opens up strong, then mellows into something delightful. The lasting power is phenomenal. I can literally still get whiffs of it after 2 days on my jacket or sweaters. I smell Lily of the Valley with vanilla musk & sugar mixed in. But there's something about this fragrance I really can't put my fingers on. It brings so many memories & comforting emotions out of me with each sniff. Walking on the Cape May beach, fresh rain, snuggling under cozy covers back home on the east coast during the winter...there's something simply magical about this perfume.

I've gotten a lot of compliments while wearing Pink Sugar. I was on a car ride home the other day when my sister in law started saying "something smells SO good and sweet, like a bakery". She even made another comment about how good it smelled. I ended up giving her the info on Pink Sugar. Haha. Mind you, this is coming from someone whom has never ever complimented me on my fragrance before.

Aquolina's Pink Sugar is worth the price, & the cute clear/pink bottle looks adorable on my vanity. I will definitely repurchase & stock up. I am addicted!

I was browsing around Sephora, when I came across this perfume. First, I have to say that I have always favored more sweet smells, as opposed to florals. I didn't buy it, only because I wanted to see how the scent would smell on me later and how long it would last. When first applied, yes it is pretty sweet (hence the name though)! Over the course of the night, the smell did dissipate some but I could still smell the "candy/vanilla/sweetness" just much more toned down. I would def say that at least on me, it smells better after having worn it for a couple hours. IMO, it did not smell cheap, or too "teenish" at all. I've already purchased my first bottle.

***And I agree with another reviewer....there's no need to trash others just because they do like this scent. Giving an opinion is great and can be very helpful...but let's do it in a nice way ladies :D

on 11/18/2009 9:27:00 AM

This is a fun and yummy fragrance for the young -- and the young at heart! I have gotten so many compliments on this scent. Ladies, it's a man magnet. You've got some bergamot in the top note which adds sophistication to the candy heart of caramel, vanilla, and licorice. The secret is not to overdo it. I just do three short spritzes: on the left wrist, on the decollté and on the right side of the neck. A happy, feel-good fragrance for any age.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I smelled this on another person and thought it was disgustingly sweet, like bad cotton candy and oranges. So I tried it on myself, it still stank to high heaven. Cheap bodyspray for teens, I'll stick to my Chanel Chance, Coco mademoiselle, and chance eau fraiche. I also like burberry summer. The last 2 fragrances are kinda sweet but not like this disgusting syrupy odor! DISGUSTING

on 10/29/2008 3:22:00 PM

It's sweet! It's good! But, it's no perfume! It contains all kinds of yummy notes (raspberry, orange, bergamot, red berries, licorice, cotton candy, caramel, vanilla, musk..), but it could have been better balanced so that it would actually suit a living person. It's just too much "Wham!" to be called elegant, or even girly/youngish. I do not use this as a perfume, which I think of as a sensual elongation of all that encompasses the individual that wears it. Pink Sugar has taken the role of an all-purpose yummy spray for me. I spray it on my bedsheet, my teddy, my pyjama, my bathroom, my scarves and any item or room that I want to smell comforting to me. It's very cuddly and I imagine I will be spraying it alot when Christmas comes around the corner. Definitely not a signature scent for me though, not at all!!!

on 10/7/2008 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I always dismissed this as being for little girls until I smelled it on someone and realized it's not just sugar and vanilla. Obviously it's not for everyone, being extremely sweet and not sophisticated or mysterious or ladylike. But it smells really good. It does not smell cheap, it's light and clean - it's sexy but not heavy or in-your-face. I really like it and always get compliments, mostly from men. It's not sneezily floral or headachey musk. You only need one spray of this, and it lasts a long time without changing.

There are a lot of bath and lotion products but they don't smell exactly the same as the fragrance - all sweet, no bottom notes. Booth's Vanilla Butter 4-in-1 lotion is a dead ringer and a great lotion that's not expensive.

My husband LOVES this stuff - if I wear it I know I won't be sleeping with clothes on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is addictive. It was cotton candy from the get go. It stayed that way. I tried the body cream, same effect, but with more of a Noxema mixed in, not as found. I am looking at the cream perfume - that may be fabulous. Back to the scent - I can see guys loving this. I took a shower, and it lasted through it. I can still smell it. I smell like a girly girl, which I like, and young, which I love. I think that if I want a guy to fall in love with me, this is what I need to be wearing. I think I am going to purchase tomorrow, since I may have a date in the next few days and I like him!

UPDATE; Forget the guy, this stuff seems to affect everyone in a really positive way without them knowing why. Everyone is so happy around me suddenly and they all seem to love me. The cotton candy scent is probably evoking good memories without them realizing it, so that the general feeling would be one of well-being and if it occurs when I am around, then the feeling gets attached my the visual of me and that works for me just fine. Yes. Lovin' this!

I'm usually not too keen on foody-scents, but for some reason, not only can I tolerate this scent - I'm absolutely in love with it. This is a caramel/vanilla blend that makes you smell like a giant muffin. But a sexy muffin! I love Pink Sugar, but there is definitely a need to be careful in not overdoing it on the application. Seriously ladies, take it easy unless you WANT to fumigate the room. Having said that, I've gotten so many compliments on this fragrance - mostly from men. It's sweet, girly, and innocent. I would suggest this fragrance for women in their teens and twenties, however, because I feel the scent is geared toward a younger crowd. I could be wrong, though! Pink Sugar is more light and bubbly than sultry, however, and I usually opt for a different fragrance in the evening. The packaging is cute, but not exactly a work of art like your designer bottles or anything of that nature. The product is reasonably priced at $35-$50 US (at time of my purchase) for 1.7 oz and 3.4 oz, respectively.

Notes: Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Barbe-a-Papa, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder

Keep your eyes peeled around the holidays, especially at Sephora - they usually have great Aquolina Pink Sugar gift sets that are significantly cheaper than regular prices.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

After years of searching I've finally found the perfect perfume. Pink Sugar makes me feel fabulous when I wear it; it's so light and `warm' with a base of sensual vanilla. I have the large bottle, body mousse & deodorent at home, and the smaller bottle in my handbag. I don't get bored with this fragrence, like I do with everything else I've tried over the years.

The first time I wore Pink Sugar to work one colleague commented on the aroma of drinking chocolate as I was in the lift with her. The next time I was in the lift, everyone commented on my lovely vanilla perfume. After I applied a freshen up spray, another colleague said she could smell cakes! Yet another colleague demanded to know what I was wearing, and where she could get some. Strangers come up to me in the street to ask what scent I'm wearing...

No this isn't a cheesy ad, it really happened!!

What do I sense first? Liquorice, a rich aniseed scent that gradually settles into a middle note of caramel. Marshmallow is the first word that springs to mind to me.

If you like Angel, Fantasy or Princess you need to give this a try!

I bought Pink Sugar because I had read so much about it and was dying to try it. I am an older woman but get lots of compliments when I wear this. Men especially say that it reminds them of home cooking (not exactly romantic but they all want to get closer to smell me - LOL). I think it smells like cupcakes right out of the oven. It's a fun fragrance for work. I generally like more intense oriental florals so this is nice for a change.

Popular Fragrances