Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.8

I really thought I would like this perfume. I tend towards more sweet and girly scents, like Miss Dior Cherie, and Princess. But this one is REDICULOUS. It smells like nasty cotton candy flavored cough syrup on me. The bottle is cute, and the price is good, but this is just straight nasty. I would only reccomend this to the 9 and younger crowd...

I have smelled this on someone and it was AMAZING! So I tried this at a friends house after swimming and smelled the same on me complex and sweet and girly! I couldn't resist getting this and my Grandma bought it for me (thanks!) but i spritzed it on and it smelled like burnt sugar. I still occasionally wear it because it's not a bad smell just not what it is on others. I think there is so many opinions on this because it totally depends on your body chemistry. It might be for me that chlorine changes my body chemistry or they changed the formula since the time my friend bought it and I did.

on 3/24/2009 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume! It's sweet and summery smelling. I guess some people don't like it on themselves because different body chemicals combine weirdly with the scent, but I love it. It's my new favorite perfume for sure, and the price isn't bad at all.

This scent is uber girly and guys love it! <3333 I think it smells like burnt sugar though, but people tell me that they smell cotton candy and sugar! I also bought the shower gel & lotion. The bottle is so cute with the swirlz :)

An abandoned circus at night, with only the ghostly smells of burnt sugar lingering in the air.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I chose this as my free sample from a drugstore.com/beauty.com order, having been curious about it for awhile after seeing all the good reviews. I usually dislike sugary/sweet scents, a lot, but was pleasantly surprised by this. In the tube it smells nice but fairly acidic, but on me it settled down into a burnt cotton candy-y/creme brulee/vanilla smell (and vanilla is one of my favorites, it always works on my skin, unlike the sweeter stuff). I don't know that I'd buy a full bottle, but maybe a small trial size for a once-in-awhile-thing, or a spray for weekends. It's definitely "younger", I'm 18 and can get away with all that but probably wouldn't wear this past 25 to anywhere except the park where it'll drift away :)

All in all, a nice, cute perfume.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

OMG! IS all i have to say!
This perfume is so sweet and kind of smells like candy and caramel!
I really love it!
It's perfect for the cold days!
It just makes you smell amazing!

on 2/7/2009 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. On paper this seemed so perfect for me. I even smelt this on my friend's sister and liked it. It was the first time I've ever liked someone's scent enough to ask what it is and I couldn't believe it when she said "Pink Sugar". I was like, that's the scent I heard about on MUA! But upon receiving this (after much anticipation) I can only say that I was very disappointed. Could it have gone off? I wondered. I honestly thought myself to be a gourmand scent girl through and through. I laughed at the reviews claiming it was "just tooo sweet". I thought, for me, nothing can be too sweet! But ohhh no, there could. And it is Pink Sugar. Maybe, yes, once it mellows it is perfectly lovely and catching whiffs of the caramel/vanilla/candyfloss/sugary loveliness would surely be worth the initial AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH phase. But I just cannot put myself through that anymore. I just wish it hadn't got that sharp-sweet note which, for me, causes an almost acidic burning of the nostrils. Just thinking about it is wince-inducing.
I simply can't stomach it, even as a room spray. The only way I could fathom introducing this to my life is to wear it very, VERY occasionally. I mean, everybody needs a sugar hit now and then, don't they? To wear this everyday would be like slipping into a diabetic coma.

EDIT: 15/03/10

I CANNOT believe how much I've changed my mind about this! Love it now! I have recently dyed my hair back to light blonde from dark brown and it just seems to suit me more now? I just love the sweet, vanillery goodness as it floats in the breeze around me and catching wafts of it every now and again. It's such a sexy-but-innocent scent that is great for day and night - my joint favourite with Angel now :)

Price:great, nothing horrific like a lot of designer or overdone overhyped, overmarketed fragrances.

Smell: It is audaciously sweet, so that works. It smells amazing, I don't understand silly people who say it smells chemically, or baby powdery, it is truly jsut a great smell, quite unique, it is simply mouthwatering. It doesn't smell like a particular food (cookies, cake, cupcakes, creme brulee) but it is even better. a must have, or HG in my book.

Disclaimer: If an absolutely, delicious, scrumptiously sweet scent doesn't work well for you, (office lady, or other occupation) then well . . it won't work. It is an amazing product though, just to make that clear.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Most perfumes tend to smell weird or disappear completely on me. I guess my body chemistry just doesn't work for most kinds. This, however, is an exception. I first tried this as a sample from Sephora and I really liked it so my mom got the set for me for Christmas a year or two ago. I agree, it does smell like slightly burned cotton candy but it works on me. I do not smell caramel at all. It does initially smell almost sickly-sweet but it dries down quickly (like 10 minutes) and smells great after that. Many people have told me that I smell really good. And the lasting power is great, especially if you spray it on your clothes. Ironically, I have smelled this on other people and thought it smelled terrible. This is definitely a fragrance that you have to try out on yourself before buying.

Popular Fragrances