COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Glycerin

on 7/23/2007 11:13:00 PM

I bought this product like..20 times now. Why? Well, I'm an asian with thin, straight lashes. I've tried tons of mascaras out there and what I only got was sense of frustration of racoon eyes few hours after each application regardless of brands, price, waterproof kind of products. So I gave up and just try the CG clear mascara. OMG, it's unbelivable!!! I put on eye shadow, then clean excess powder from my lash before apply this CG gel. Afterthat I kind of forget it and move on to something else ie. eye liner, blush, lips. After all make up is done, then use curler for finishing (at this point the lashes become dry). Believe it or not, my lash stay naturally curl for whole day without the sense of fear for smudges! I have quite sensitive eyes and often get itchy eyes from other black mascara, I never have any problem with this one.
Make sure you clean your excess eyeshadow with finger so the tube will not get dirty as fast. With this product, I never need to spend extra minutes for mascara application because it's already done before curling! I always get up late so I have a spare curler in my car when I use during traffic lights. Love it, love it. Even better deal when drug store has buy1 get 1 promotion.
In summary, it works great for everyday application without much extra time needed each morning, at night to take off and give natural look with 500% smudge free. For me, never itch, never flake, never turn white AT ALL. FYI, I'm still looking for black mascara that works great for evening event without smear though.

I love this because it is really natural and simple yet still keeps lashes looking good. I like using it both alone or over a different mascara

I have short asian lashes that are stick straight, so I don't even bother using this as a mascara. However, as other MUAers have suggested, for fighting frizzes and flyaways on hair parts, this stuff is fantastic and lasts all day! I keep this in my handbag and it's my to-go hairspray. Brillant!

on 6/4/2007 2:28:00 PM

I like this stuff for the natural look. I mostly use it just to tidy up my eyelashes after applying eyeshadow, and not really for a mascara look. It gets the powder off of my lashes and makes them look slightly more pronounced. The tube, being clear, shows all of the crud that gets put back into it and turns grayish brown. While not pleasant to look at, it was a good lesson to me to replace mascaras frequently, as this happens to all colors.

on 6/2/2007 4:28:00 PM

I can't see the difference between any brand of clear mascara. I bought this one because I wanted a more natural look for casual days. I was quite disappointed, it did give my lashes definition and made them glossy, but after a while the mascara on the ends of my lashes turned white and began to flake off. I also hate the way that whatever debris gets on the brush gets transferred to the tube (of course, this happens with all mascaras, not just clear ones) and then you see the mascara discolored inside the tube. I wouldn't buy again as I couldn't stand the way my eyelashes looked when this had dried. SO said that I had something white on my lashes and then tried to pick it off with his fingers!

I use this to tame flyaways and frizzies on the top of my head. I only used it as an actual mascara once, and it didn't really do anything. It really only makes your lashes look wet. But it's great for hair and eyebrows!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

perfect for the natural look, also if you don't mind it flaking off later!

on 1/18/2007 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this about 8 years ago when i was 13 the first makeup item i was allowed to use. Then i thought it was fantastic because i was allowed to wear it. Looking back flaked off into a nasty white film that looked as though my lashes had dandruff. eeew!!

I have to say I don't use this as my mascara I use it for those crazy hairs that stand up on my hair part, from highlighting, grays, breakage, you name it but it does control them

on 5/29/2006 10:43:00 PM

i wanted a clear mascara since i wanted the natural look of my lashes. i have asian long lashes but they are stick straight or even a little on the downward trend. this did nothing to keep my eyelashes curled even when i use an eyelash curler first. so disappointed. definitely wont buy again