INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 10/3/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this simply because it claimed to be America's #1 Topcoat so I assumed it must be good! However, this did not work for me at all. I used it about 4 times and it was already halfway through the bottle. Also, it is very thick and impossible to use. Using over wet nail polish I find that it takes even longer to dry as it makes nails thick and gloopy. If you don't let it dry long enough, you can very easily ruin your mani. Basically, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. You're better off with Sally Hansen quick drying products, which are superior to this.

on 9/6/2011 9:50:00 PM

I usually get my nails done but when I paint them myself I use OTD top coat every time. I find the formula adds shine and dries quickly. Over time the consistency stays the same and doesn't thicken either. I actually prefer this over Seche Vite.

on 8/11/2011 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this yesterday because I was running out of Seche Vite, and so far I am very pleased! It dries really quickly and it gives a nice shine. Not as glossy as Seche Vite but that's okay. I really like that this is big-3 free, so if it holds up as well as my Seche Vite top coat did, that this might be my go to.

on 7/30/2011 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is the PREFECT top coat. it's not thick but rather "watery" which is a good thing because it evens itself out on the top. one time, in the middle of drying, i accidently put "skid" marks on my nails with this top coat on. i was worried that i have to redo that nail, but within a few minutes of drying, the marks disappear. it seriously evens itself out while drying. also, gives my nails a BEAUTIFUL shine.

this top coat is so great that i apply it on top of my cheap jewelry to slow down the color change from sweat. it dries out so evenly my friends couldn't believe it when i tell them theres a nail polish coat on top.

BUY IT.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It was just OKAY for me. This was my first top coat I had ever purchased, and I wanted to make sure it was a quick-dry formula. It went on smoothly, and dried "fairly" quickly, but not as quickly as I'd like (especially if I was in a hurry and had to put on several coats of polish in a short amount of time). This did not add shine, and it made some of my nail polishes bubble. If I had to do several coats of nail polish, this top coat did not do much to prevent nicking or chipping. Like I said, it didn't dry fast enough for me. Also, I wash dishes frequently (SAHM here!), and of course, my mani always chips or wears off much faster for me. However, I bought my second top coat....SECHE VITE...and I *love* that one. My mani lasts so much longer, dries much faster, and has more of a shine. The only downside is the smell, but I can handle that. As for this quick-dry formula, it was just okay. I still have some left, and only plan on using it when I have no other alternative. It was purchased at CVS (but can't remember the price).

I have tried tons of top coats, always looking for the *perfect* one. I had high hopes for Seche Vite, after reading rave reviews, but was super disappointed with the uneven, thick/bubbly finish. I think I bought this the first time at Sally Beauty (I get it at Target, too), and this is now the only top coat I use. I work at a coffee shop, and I love painting my nails and trying new colors, but as soon as they start to chip (which is inevitable with all of the hand washing and accidentally dinging my nails), I repaint them. I actually use two coats of this top coat, and I consistently get 3-5 days with no chipping, with VERY minimal tip wear, and the shine is as good, if not better, than anything else i've tried (including Seche Vite). It dries super fast, when applied over dry polish, so the extra coat is really no problem at all. The only part that kind of bugs me is that the white label on the bottle goes all the way around (though i've seen other packages), and that makes it difficult to see exactly how much you have left. I have been using and repurchasing this regularly for at least a year now, and I can't see myself going out looking for anything better. The BEST part to me is that I can try whatever cheapy, fun brands and colors I want now, as long as I have this top coat, and they hold up just as well as high end brands.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have both Out the Door & Northern Lights (OtD + holo glitter!) and I am sad to say, it just doesn't work for me!

One of my good friends is a Nail Tech and whenever she would do my nails, she would use this on me, and she never understood how it was that after I would leave her house I would get dings/dents in my nails because she always had success with this drying in minutes. She gave me my own bottle for home, and it seemed that every time I used it. I have used it both on natural nails and acrylic nails and several different brands/shades with the same result. It would feel hard on the surface, but then as I did things, even if I was careful, I would still get wrinkles/dings/dents etc. I tried it again the other day, and I waited 20 minutes knowing it doesn't dry in seconds for me.... and I got dings! So I did them again, using a different brand of NP thinking it was the color I choose... I did it right before med, and woke up with the dreaded sheet marks.

! oh, why oh why doesn't this work for me!

I love how glossy it is, but it is NOT a quick dry top coat for me by any means, and when used on natural nails, it doesn't seem to prolong chipping either, making it rather useless to me. Poshe and SV are two quick dry top coats that actually do work for so I will stick with them.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the top coat I use on my toes or over previously sealed polish. It offers a lot of shine, but it doesn't dry as quickly as Poshe or Seche Vite for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this top coat for as long as i can remember. It's affordable (much cheaper than SV) and it does a great job protecting a manicure. I do find there is some shrinkage, especially if I'm sloppy and get some of it on my cuticles. But that has never bothered me. It does dry fast, but it won't dry the wet polish underneath. I give myself an hour after painting my nails to let everything dry really well. And THEN I apply OTD top coat. I also try to let my np dry in between coats. This helps everything dry faster in the end, IME. I would recommend this to anyone for a nice fast drying topcoat that keeps a mani looking nice.

I have used several different fast-dry top coats, and although all were good, I am always on the search for something better. I asked the clerk at Sally Beauty for her recommendation, but she kind of waffled, so I finally just asked, "Tell me which one sells the most," and she said Out The Door. I was not disappointed. I would say that after 10 minutes, although my polish wasn't "cured" to ultimate hardness, it was pretty darn dry and smudgeproof. Will definitely use again. $5.50, $4.49 with Sally card.