Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.1

I have tried many of the Glossimers and Extremes and this one is my favorite! Just adore the color: perfect golden shimmer overlaying a peachy pink (so innocent and pure!). The texture of the original Glossimers is sooo much more even and perfectly glossy than the Extremes.

To start off with, I have light-medium Asian skin. This is an intensely frosty peach. I actually looked better *without* this on, because it gave me this 70's-looking quality, and reminded me of one of those bimbo bubble-gum popping girls with big hair...

on 10/8/2003 12:46:00 AM

I don't like this at all. It's my least fave glossimer. It's so orange/coral/melon whatever, I cant stand any of those colors. I prefer cool shades, the formula is decent. I prefer cool shades, my fave glossimer is brilliance.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yeah--I was not at all impressed. I was expecting a nice, smooth, semi-sheer gloss and i got a weird, rough all-over wash of bright, metallic pink. i'm surprised that anyone can wear this color--it came off very garish and 70's looking...but not in a good way. i really hated the texture too--the color didn't spread evenly and it felt sort of chalky. oh, and it was like 20 bucks! mmaybe it was just this color, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am absolutely thrilled about this gloss! I am in love with Chanel Glossimers and Twinkle is no exception. I almost did not try this shade, but a wonderful MUA'er sent it to me and changed my mind! It is the most gorgeous and subtle pink-peachy-gold...what I wanted Mac's nymphette to be. While Nymphette looked like cheap gold shimmer that totally washed me out, Twinkle retains its complexity on the lips. True, it is heavier on the gold than the pink, but it looks absolutely heavenly with the right eyes and cheeks! This is one of those l/g color that makes my skin look radiant a la JLo (sorry to those who dislike her, lol!). I cannot describe the beauty of this l/g, and believe me, I was prepared to dislike it b/c of my failure w/ Mac nymphette. I am a cool ppp/lll blonde, and this color suits me perfectly! Yay, another glossimer that I love :o)

Such a great product from Chanel! Soft, not tacky, and leaves just the right amount of shine. Twinkle is my favorite shade, because it's pink with a hint of gold shimmer. I'm always on the lookout for products with luster and shimmer, not glitter, and this gloss is perfect. expensive for a gloss, but it lasts - worth every penny!

on 7/10/2003 10:49:00 PM

this is why i gave up my favourite UD lipgunk in Burn Out. it's a wonderful shade of nude-pink with a golden iridescent sheen. it's got wonderful staying power and moisturizes your lips.. not too sticky and not too fluid.. i'm glad i bought it, i'm lemming more glossimers! :) they're much cheaper here in Singapore (not sure why), retailing for about US$15 but there are limited shades. have a look at my swaplist for the shades they sell here.

on 7/31/2003 6:21:00 PM

This is my first Glossimer. I bought this after a grad makeover at Chanel's, since the MA used this on me. Good thing she did, cuz Twinkle is such a pretty colour! However, I have to be careful not to apply too much on, or else I'll end up with pure golden lips lol. The gloss itself has a really nice consistency that isn't goopy or overly sticky at all. In fact, it feels very moisturizing. A splurge item for me - quite expensive, yes, but definitely classy.

Twinkle is a peachy-pink gloss with golden sheen. On my medium-rosy lips, this gloss lightens my natural colour and gives it a more peachy tone. continued >>

Very pretty frosty peachy nude. It's more frosty than I prefer, but if you apply a little, it is very pretty. A little gritty in comparison to other glossimers. Texture of gloss is too thick and product squeezes out of top every time I close it.

on 7/17/2003 1:21:00 PM

This is the best lip gloss I've ever purchased! I always use Stila Lip Polishes and Lip Glazes, but this stayed on much better. I love the shimmer and this color goes well with both warm and cool make up. I just wish I could find more glossimer colors that are this great!