MAC Matte - Soft Brown

MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great warm light brown color but the formula is severely lacking. It's dry and doesn't apply easily like Bobbi Brown, for example. It also kind of sits on top of your skin (even applied lightly) rather than meshing with it. I'd rather spend a little more money and get a really great color and formula.
Update: I still wish this was smoother but I'm using it again and love how it wears without creasing. And the color is typical MAC - great.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Soft brown eyeshadow is simply the most amazing eyeshadow color to blend out harsh lines. I use it every single day. Pretty hard to find a dupe for this color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Soft Brown is often overlooked because it's brown, and well... it can appear boring. Most people cannot figure out what to do with it, or they think they can find it anywhere for cheaper. You can't.... I've come across every brown known to man, and it still manage's to be "the one" I reach for every time. Some may know it can be used to blend out a smokey eye, or simply define the crease for that ultra natural day look. I would also use this paired with bright lips. It just adds that touch of definition you need. So some may say it's basic, but it has it's purpose. That's why it's permanent. ;)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wear this color EVERYDAY as a blending color in my crease! One of the best colors MAC makes and I feel that it doesnt get enough attention. The day I went into the MAC store to purchase it the MA was trying to UNSELL me the color! I wanted a matte color that would be good to blend out harsh lines and she was trying to sell me texture which has a totally different finish! I have worn this for months now and have gotten more compliments with people saying how professional my eye looks are than ever! Definately HG blending color!

on 3/15/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this as a gift. I hate to yell at you guys but SOFT BROWN CHANGED MY FREAKING LIFE. This color is so VERSATILE, I find myself reaching for it in almost EVERY look I do. It's a FABULOUS crease color, and it really looks amazing with any look. It's great in a pinup-girl look with Stilife paint on the lid. It's great with Tempting for a smokey bronze/gold look. It's just great with anything--it's all about experimenting with it. For a matte, the color payoff is wonderful and the color is super blendable. Love my Soft Brown :)

Hate to ruin the streak of good reviews, but this color just does not work for extremely fair, cool skin. It's too peachy and warm to look natural in the crease. Wedge or Omega work much better to define the crease in a subtle, flattering way with my skintone (NW10). Perhaps I was using too much, but it honestly looked like I'd rubbed really hard with my blending brush an irritated my eyelid skin a bit after applying Soft Brown. Still, this shadow blends nicely. On more tan skin it would be very pretty and versatile judging from the reviews here.

on 1/25/2010 9:17:00 PM

I also bought this as a part of my 4 piece custom palette, along with Embark, Saddle and Typographic. I really like it on my NW 45 skin. It gives my lids a really nice light without being ashy or chalky. I sometimes use Typographic in the crease along with a dark brown liner - Sue Devitt's Eye Intensifier in Kenya. Love this color!

on 2/9/2010 8:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is definitely my most used eye shadow. I wear it almost every day. It is a perfect for a day look by itself just to give my eyes some oomph, or if I have time I can pair it with a highlight shade to change things up a little. My favorite is this as an all over wash, naked lunch as a highlight, and texture in the crease. I've gotten soooo many compliments on this look it's not even funny.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I, like many others, love this eyeshadow to blend out crease colors and have a more natural looking transition into my highlight color. I also like it occasionally as a wash on the lid. In the pan it doesn't look like anything special but he texture is very nice and it's well pigmented. This is a really great color to have in any collection and I will repurchase (if I ever run out).

on 2/17/2010 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I use this eye shadow all the time. It is a great matte brown with a hint of red and I usually wear it with blanc type as a hilight and It in the crease, then bisque or something on the lid. Perfect color :)