Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

2.1

I really liked this. I have brown eyelashes, but they are fairly straight. I am so scared of the metal clampers because I, being a spa, am scared of clamping too much lash, or not enough even. I like this curler, because I can control where it curls and how much I want curled. I took one thingy off because they use up lots of batteries. Ive had mine for two weeks, and have gone through a whole pack of batteries...

on 2/19/2005 8:32:00 PM

I never knew such an animal existed until MUA. And how ingenious! I have very 'fuzzy',blonde lashes, and the clamp type of curler is torturous- I always grip the very fine tiny hairs and it HUURTS! But this little baby heats up in like 15 seconds, and the heat is so soothing and comforting to the lash line. I just press the wand upwards to 'fold' or bend the lashes upwards. It also helps with all the stray hairs that somehow bend into my eye and poke like a stick into my eye. Prolly wouldn't be so helpful to gals with super straight lashes, but mine have a bit of a slope already so perfect for my needs! $8 @ Sephora.
Rave! =)

I really wanted this to work for me but it does not. It's kind of fun, and it does curl your lashes for about 3 minutes, but after that, they straighten out again. Properly using the Shu Uemura or Shiseido old-fashioned style eyelash curlers will also give you a graceful curl that actually holds. Save your money on this one! It seems like a gimic to me. Not to say that it's more than a little creepy to hold heated things up to your eye.

I have mixed feelings about this curler. It definitly does a better job of curling my very straight, very thick lashes than non-heated curlers, but the curl doesnt last unless i layer on a lot of waterproof mascara. my biggest gripe about it is the fact that the batteries i put in only last about a week before they have to be replaced. the curler is a little fragile too it seems...mine is covered in tape to hold it together. not a bad product for curling, but it needs a lot of improvement.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wish I could say better things about this curler but I can't. I have thin dark lashes that don't really show up with my deepset eyes...so using a curler is CRITICAL for me to even get my lashes noticed-and even when I DO use mascara, they look natural looking at best...sigh...wish I wasn't so scared on trying falsies..ah well..I am digressing..back to the heated eyelash curler. For me, the product didn't curl my lashes at all..like a previous reviewer stated..it just warmed them a bit..which actually felt nice. BUT...the packaging sucked because my battery got stuck and I couldn't get the darned thing out EVEN when I figured I would give it a second chance and replace the dead battery. Hence..all around for me, this curler was just a waste of time.

on 12/29/2004 11:03:00 PM

I really like this curler. I am a MUA and constanly use it. I find that it really helps when curling falsh lashes. My only complaint is that if you forget to relplace the cap you risk running the battary down, but all in all a must have for my session box

on 12/7/2004 4:20:00 PM

Overall, I think this is a great product. I love the fact that your eyelashes don't get that crimped look like they do with traditional eyelash curlers. This curler gives them a nice lift which is what I'm looking for. I did notice that the batteries do run out quickly. So, what I do is turn it off and then raise the top piece off of the bottom and that seems to take care of the battery issue. It must still use juice when it is still making contact. Bought one for a friend for Christmas.

on 11/20/2004 6:22:00 PM

Completely useless product. Did absolutely nothing to my lashes other than warm them a little

I was generally quite impressed with this! I was skeptical, from reading the reviews, but I decided to pick it up on a whim yesterday and try it. Previously, I had been using a plastic Japonesque curler which, although I liked, I felt like it was too much of a pain to curl by sections.
I like this because you can curl all of your lashes at once. Also, it doesn't bend them, but instead, imparts a nice curve to them.
The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because it seems to take longer to do than a traditional curler, but I think it's because today was my first time using it.
I am wary about the batteries running dead after a couple of weeks... I will update if that happens!
Aside from that, I am quite pleased, and I don't know if I would revert back to a regular curler!

This was, in my opinion, a fantastically creative product when it first came out a few years ago. I bought one immediately, used it on-and-off for a few years, until it finally stopped working this year (and yes, I replaced it with a new one).

It looks like a mascara wand on the outside, but when you take the cap off, the wand is a bit different. You press it against your lashes to get curl, hold for 30 seconds, and voila!

Definitely not the perfect product, but pretty decent for the price.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools