Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 9/22/2016 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT! I've been using this for 2 years and I've never used anything like it before! After all the hype from bloggers I gave in and bought the product. It's coverage is light, and literally feels like silk on your skin! I've never gone back to using any other foundation. I have combo to oily skin and this is just perfect for me, it's highly difficult to find a foundation which suits my combo skin days and highly oily days and this just does that. Defos worth the investment

on 9/18/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I have very difficult coloring to match as I am dark but with pink tones. The only foundations that are beige with pink undertones are this Luminous Silk in 5.25 and Chanel Rose Beige . ( unless anyone has found any more!)
The coverage is perfect - not too heavy but medium coverage with a brush. The staying power is okay- not remarkable but with Chanel finishing powder it lasts a good eight hours. I have mature skin and it does not accentuate undesirable elements! I wouldn't call this dewy or matte but more like luminous satin. I always set with powder which does detract from the luminousity.
I also bought the GA highlighting fluid in the number 5 which gives a lovely subtle glow to cheeks and other areas you wish to highlight. The color looks really bubblegum pink in the jar but honestly it looks natural after application and it is a light weight runny liquid.
Yes expensive but both last long time and I feel the color selection is good for a great many people.

on 9/18/2016 7:15:00 PM

Bought it due to the hype but i found it drying and a bit cakey on my dry skin even when applied with my sephora hd brush. I don't see much luminescence. Finish is too matte for my liking even though it's described as a "satin finish". I prefer Makeupforever HD and Face & Body. For every day wear I prefer Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Thank goodness i bought the smaller bottle and I'll finish it since it was expensive. It actually accentuates flakes when I have them.

It's one thing having alcohol in a foundation, but it's another charging £37 for it. It is a cheap ingredient used to make cosmetics feel more weightless but it is very bad for your skin. So don't let the 'weightlessness' fool you into thinking that this foundation is miraculously breathable - it comes at a price.

The foundation looks very nice on. It photographs very nicely and blends into skin nicely. It lasts pretty well and becomes more dewy as time goes on. The coverage is medium-buildable.

Overall: I mean, it really does look lovely. And if you don't care about it being bad for your skin and paying an excess amount for literally nothing (the designer name), then you will probably like this. But I feel angry for being charged so much money for a foundation that has a substantial amount of alcohol in it, when there are foundations out there which work just as well with more state-of-the-art formulations, and a smaller price tag (between £20-£30). Chanel is the same: they have alcohol in nearly all their foundations. Out of the £37 you pay, what you receive is only a couple of pounds' worth. Higher prices don't always mean higher quality.

Not a good foundation. It's ridiculous to pay an arm and a leg for a name and cheap chemicals that damage our skin and health. This foundation is full of cancer causing agents. Every product we use in our skin is absorbed into our skin and enters our blood stream. Look the ingredients up on EWG's Skin Deep, or anywhere in the internet. If you care about your health, don't fund products like these.

on 9/4/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've worn this twice now and overall, I quite like it. It's a fairly full coverage foundation, but I try and sheer it out a little more with a dampened beauty blender and it seems to work. I have a fairly clear, dry skin with a few broken capillaries around my nose and it covers those well and evens out my skin tone perfectly. I chose shade '2' with neutral undertones as I didn't want anything with warm undertones and it's fine. This does oxidise on me and I'm surprised as many say it doesn't. I could see it change colour on the back of my hand, but once it had darkened very slightly, it stopped and the colour was still fine when applied to my face. It wears well, doesn't seem to settle into fine lines and still looks fairly good ( better than most foundations do) when I remove it. I have to say though, I am 'aware' of it on my face. Hard to describe, but not usually aware of foundations, so not sure why. Hopefully I'll get used to that feeling. Once I've used this, I don't think I'd rush to repurchase.

on 8/6/2016 4:33:00 PM

So worth the hype! I would give this five stars for the shade selection alone. I'm always in between shades - I'm NC25-30, but never either one otherwise it looks too light, dark, or orange. I think I have yellow and red tones, so too much of one or the other makes me look a little off. Shade 5.75 matches me so, so perfectly - it has just the right amount of yellow and red. The only other shade that matched me this perfectly is Dermablend's Smooth Liquid Camo in Camel and Dermablend's Cover Creme in Medium Beige. Unlike the two, however, this doesn't go on your face light then sets to a darker finish. The color stays true all day and doesn't oxidize.

Unfortunately, this doesn't last all day. However, it wears very, very well throughout the day. I can see a little red peeking through at about the 8th hour, and that's really not bad considering this is a light to light-medium coverage foundation.

I wouldn't say this is a "luminous" or "radiant" finish. It's not really dewy; it's more like satin, which I like because it looks incredibly natural.

I can see this lasting me a while, so really the price is worth it, IMO. Plus there are foundations out there for the same price (or slightly cheaper) that don't perform as well.

If you're wondering whether you should get this or not, I say find your shade and get it. I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

UPDATE: I am still in love with this foundation. I've learned however, that it *must* be set with powder otherwise it will end up looking too dewy on me. I'm debating whether I should try it without my sunscreen/moisturizer as I'm afraid it's contributing to my overall oiliness.

UPDATE 8/13/16: This simply can't perform well in hot, humid weather and for people like me who have oily/combination skin. I REALLY want to like it, but my skin just gets so greasy hours later even with powder and oil control primer. The weird thing is the finish is almost satin but gets progressively "dewy" in a few hours but I'm not sure if it's oil. Honestly I haven't had foundation do this before. I'm looking to try the Lasting Silk version or its cheaper counterpart, UD Naked Skin.

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

on 8/18/2016 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

When I first purchased this I was not immediately impressed and would have given it a 2. It's not a summer foundation for everyone, it works better if lightly powdered. Now that the major heat has passed I'm in love and plan to purchase the powder version. I've had it for 2 months and just now loving it so perhaps i/we shouldn't throw products in the useless bin so quickly I hung on to this because of the price tag.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After spending years trying to find the perfect foundation, going from Clinique to MAC to Urban Decay, Smashbox, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Lancôme - You name it and I tried it, I FINALLY found the perfect foundation in the Georgio Armani Luminous Silk. I was recommended this foundation by my sister as I was struggling to find a colour that I felt truly matched my skin tone and one that didn't crack on my dry skin. The colour selection is INCREDIBLE, I use shade 3.5 and it is perfect. I've been using this foundation for nearly 2 years now and I would never go back to a different one. It is moisturising, easy to build or keep natural and it honestly makes your completion look flawless. I use it with the light reflecting primer by Armani and it is a combination created in heaven. These are the only products that I currently use from Armani but I love them. I recommend this foundation to everyone - if you want something that lasts both on your face and in the bottle, which both moisturises and makes your skin GLOW then this is the one for you. And for only £37 (not sure what in $$$$) then you should definitely try it. As a makeup artist I can tell you that this is the holy grail of the foundation world. 💋

If you want to see how this looks on my skin then my Instagram is @poppymooresmua (in almost every picture/video I'm using this foundation)