Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder

Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder
Neutral Set Colorless Face PowderNeutral Set Colorless Face PowderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set Colorless Face PowderNeutral Set Colorless Face Powder

4.5

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My HG loose setting powder!!!
It may not be as fancy or famous as others but I think this stuff is amazing!!!It's very light and soft,it doesn't leave a chalky finish and it's extremely long wearing.
I use this every day with a puff/brush to set my concealer (brilliant for that) and to cut the shine left by my moisturizer.
You only need a very small amount every time, so this will last and last!
If you have particulary oily skin or you live in very hot/humid places and sweat is always a challenge this powder is great for this too!
Don't be fool by its color, it won't leave a white cast on your face and it will not alter the color of your foundation either.Plus...it's super cheap!

on 9/9/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had to send an email to my husband to get it while he was on business trip in UK. It was pricey for me but it was worth it. It sets my liquid foundation beautifully and because it is colorless, I need not need to worry about being chalky. I wish the packaging was in a shifter jar. I had to pour it into a proper shifter jar so I had to take one point off the overall because of the packaging. Overall, I would definitely repurchase.

on 9/9/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My newly favorite setting powder! I've been testing it out for 2 weeks and i am so happy this product works out for me. I am not a fan of the packaging. I use my empty loose powder case from my lancome and transferred the ben nye product there. I use a nice powder fluff and pat it over my face after i'm done doing my make up. it doesn't leave a white cast over my face. (tested even with photograph with or without flash). it's not drying my face or crevices of my face ( especially sides of the nose and chin) but it does a good function of oil-control. i use it hand it hand with my ben nye matte foundation. I have yet to try with other foundations like my mac studio fix and revlon colorstay.

I wanted to add the ingredients list above, but for some reason, it won't let me. So I'm adding them here:
HTH someone! Took me forever to find the ingredients online!

on 7/14/2010 6:00:00 PM

I use it mostly for my undereye area. For the face I use the Banana power by Ben Nye. It is not that this one would not be great, but I prefer the warmth the Banana one gives my facel
I do not have oily skin so this one works just great. I will not buy again a more expensive product, this one is great

on 5/26/2010 7:33:00 PM

Ben Nye Neutral set powder is a find product. I'm really impressed. First off, it's colorless so it works with any skin tone. It comes in a shaker and you get a lot of product for a little bit of money. The 1.75 oz was 4.99 and the 3oz was 5.99. I purchased this powder after seeing a lot of good reviews on it on YouTube. I tend to sweat on my face, expecially after makeup application and this powder has anitpersperant qualities according to the description. I tried it out and I definitely noticed that my face didn't sweat when I was out in the heat. I wasn't in the heat for very long but if this stuff can keep my upper lip and forehead dry then I will buy a truck load of it. The powder itself is very smoft and went on smooth. It didn't look cakey on me. It gives off a nice matte finish which is good for those of us that are no longer in our early twenties. Every since I hit 30, any foundation with "shimmer" makes me look like a sweaty wax figure. It's not pretty. I needed something to matte me out. Overall, I would recommend this powder because the price can't be beat and I found it comparable to my expensive Laura Mercier translucent face powder.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is pretty good. I've tried many of them, both high end and low end and this one is definately a bargain because it works to set your makeup beautifuly. I have oily skin so I do have to reapply after a couple of hours but it looks so flawless even on my tan skin (since the powder is white I was afraid it would make me look pasty) It's perfect for the price. I went to a seminar and the artist works on high end clients such as Shakira, Gwen, Pamela and she uses this on everyone except african american people (for them topaz) and she says all you need to do is blot it with a tissue once shine comes through.

Horrible. Leaves a white cast and doesn't even control oil too well.
Still have an almost-full 3oz bottle... =[

on 1/21/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is just as good as MAC Blot, for a fraction of the price. This doesn't come in a sifter jar, so I just used one that I already had. I use my BE powder brush for application. I purchased this on Amazon.com but you can find it on many Theatre makeup websites.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder. As with all Ben Nye products, they are formulated for performers - people whose makeup is a professional tool, not a fashion accessory - so their products WORK and are very affordable. I bought the large tub of this for $9 at my local theatrical supply store and even though I use it regularly for myself (decanted into a smaller sifter jar) and have powdered head-to-toe countless models, I think I'll be dead long before I use it all!

The powder is completely translucent, controls oil reasonably well, and contains an antiperspirant to minimize sweating (from all those hot stage lights!) I use this for stage performance and I can attest to it's sweat minimizing ability. I find this powder so dependable, I used it on my wedding day.