Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.5

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

I wanted to add the ingredients list above, but for some reason, it won't let me. So I'm adding them here:
HTH someone! Took me forever to find the ingredients online!

on 7/14/2010 6:00:00 PM

I use it mostly for my undereye area. For the face I use the Banana power by Ben Nye. It is not that this one would not be great, but I prefer the warmth the Banana one gives my facel
I do not have oily skin so this one works just great. I will not buy again a more expensive product, this one is great

on 5/26/2010 7:33:00 PM

Ben Nye Neutral set powder is a find product. I'm really impressed. First off, it's colorless so it works with any skin tone. It comes in a shaker and you get a lot of product for a little bit of money. The 1.75 oz was 4.99 and the 3oz was 5.99. I purchased this powder after seeing a lot of good reviews on it on YouTube. I tend to sweat on my face, expecially after makeup application and this powder has anitpersperant qualities according to the description. I tried it out and I definitely noticed that my face didn't sweat when I was out in the heat. I wasn't in the heat for very long but if this stuff can keep my upper lip and forehead dry then I will buy a truck load of it. The powder itself is very smoft and went on smooth. It didn't look cakey on me. It gives off a nice matte finish which is good for those of us that are no longer in our early twenties. Every since I hit 30, any foundation with "shimmer" makes me look like a sweaty wax figure. It's not pretty. I needed something to matte me out. Overall, I would recommend this powder because the price can't be beat and I found it comparable to my expensive Laura Mercier translucent face powder.

on 1/21/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is just as good as MAC Blot, for a fraction of the price. This doesn't come in a sifter jar, so I just used one that I already had. I use my BE powder brush for application. I purchased this on Amazon.com but you can find it on many Theatre makeup websites.

Horrible. Leaves a white cast and doesn't even control oil too well.
Still have an almost-full 3oz bottle... =[

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is pretty good. I've tried many of them, both high end and low end and this one is definately a bargain because it works to set your makeup beautifuly. I have oily skin so I do have to reapply after a couple of hours but it looks so flawless even on my tan skin (since the powder is white I was afraid it would make me look pasty) It's perfect for the price. I went to a seminar and the artist works on high end clients such as Shakira, Gwen, Pamela and she uses this on everyone except african american people (for them topaz) and she says all you need to do is blot it with a tissue once shine comes through.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is AM-AZ-ING! I have had problems controlling my everyday oiliness, which has really been a pain, as foundation only lasted about 4/5 hrs before creasing etc.
This powder keeps my skin matte for at least 8 hrs+, which is a small miracle for my skin. Packaging isn't pretty, but I just pour some into an old lid and then use my brush/velour puff to apply. Doesn't dry my skin out and never effects the color of my other make-up, goes on transparent. It is totally water resistant, sweat and tear proof!
I paid 9 inc. P&P which for the amount and quality is very good, overall I would highly recommend this, def. HG powder!
UPDATE: I just have to say how much I am loving this powder, even on bad skin days, after applying this my face looks so much better. Really refined and smooth. Great stuff!

on 8/20/2009 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a great powder for controlling oil!! Dirt cheap, easy to find online, goes on like silk. Huge 3 ounce bottle for $7.00. I use mineral makeup and I apply this last with my kabuki brush. I can't believe how well it works. I'm usually very oily, but this stuff stops oil for the whole day! I already use a great mineral makeup which has helped my oil problem, but with Neutral Set as my last step, I think I have found the perfect combination to keep my oil at bay. Try it out. It's cheap, so there isn't a big investment involved if you don't care for it. I will definitely keep buying this! Also, it does NOT change the color of your makeup. It "sets" everything exactly how you have applied it. It doesn't feel heavy. I can't feel it on my face which is a big plus. I hate a heavy feeling on my skin.
EDIT: While I still like this powder and still recommend it, I would not repurchase because I found something I like better. My skin has changed and is drier now. I have changed up my makeup routine so I no longer use this.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder. As with all Ben Nye products, they are formulated for performers - people whose makeup is a professional tool, not a fashion accessory - so their products WORK and are very affordable. I bought the large tub of this for $9 at my local theatrical supply store and even though I use it regularly for myself (decanted into a smaller sifter jar) and have powdered head-to-toe countless models, I think I'll be dead long before I use it all!

The powder is completely translucent, controls oil reasonably well, and contains an antiperspirant to minimize sweating (from all those hot stage lights!) I use this for stage performance and I can attest to it's sweat minimizing ability. I find this powder so dependable, I used it on my wedding day.

on 11/10/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I have found my HG powder. I used a translucent Lancome powder that was 32 dollars for much less product and was in love, but not in love with the price. I then tried Fyrinnae Fluff powder which was awful. This is amazing!! It truly is translucent. I put it on and cannot even see it. No powdery look, you cannot see it going on. It is just as good as the Lancome but much cheaper.