Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

I'm currently loving this foundation for my eyeryday use! It's inexpensive and I don't feel guilty using it for work everyday. It has a nice thin liquid texture, looks really natural on the skin, and very build-able. It lasts well throughout the work day on me without breaking up, and when I use a setting powder it looks just as fresh as in the morning. I have normal to dry skin and this doesn't look cakey on me. For reference I'm about a nc35 in mac and I use the shade golden beige. It's perfect!

on 4/28/2017 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve been testing and experimenting with the WnW Photo Focus foundation for a few weeks now. After finding the right combination of products and application techniques I can say that this stuff works for me and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. The finish is between matte and satin in my opinion and it really does seem to have ‘blurring’ properties to it – I actually prefer it over MUFE Ultra HD which is a bit too dewy/shiny for my oily skin. I use a damp sponge to apply and get great results. I’d say that it has light-medium coverage as I’ve been using more than usual to get to the medium coverage that I want. I agree with other reviewers that it isn’t particularly long-wearing and it does transfer more easily (I wouldn’t recommend it if you wear glasses or tend to touch your face a lot), but I have been mostly able to combat these issues by using my damp sponge to apply my loose HD setting powder. Before I did this I definitely had issues with it breaking down after a few hours, but not anymore. I have fairly oily skin but somehow it stays in check when I do this. Overall, it’s a great foundation on its own in my opinion, but the price makes it even more amazing. I will definitely repurchase. For reference, I am NC25-30 and would have bought Soft Beige (for light-medium warm skin) but my store was out. Instead, I bought Golden Beige (for medium warm skin) and added in a touch of Porcelain (for fair warm skin) and got a good match.

on 4/28/2017 10:13:00 AM

This foundation looks fine at first but at like 3 hours into the day my face looks crepey and oily. Will not be using this again.

on 4/27/2017 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation - made my sensitive skin freak out!

This foundation has a fabulous price point and blends beautifully on the skin. With a setting powder, it stays fresh-looking for the majority of the day. Unfortunately for me and my very sensitive, allergy-prone skin, it was just too harsh. It definitely smells a little chemically, and my cheeks (which have a little eczema) flared up immediately and felt rough in texture after wearing this 1x. I also noticed that I would experience a lot more breakouts and irritation on my skin after wearing.

Overall:
PROS
-blends well on skin
-stays in place, lasts a long time
-amazing price point
-cruelty-free

CONS
-smell
-too harsh for sensitive skin
-broke me out

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is one of the best foundations in the drugstore, and I know the makeup industry well. It takes great photos, possesses high blendability, enhances skin's appearance, and gives healthy but not over the top glow. It is a stunning foundation on and I would/have/do put it head-to-head with Maybelline Fit Me and Revlon Colorstay, fairly beloved drugstore foundations.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great coverage for my skin, but the lasting power is not there. I get a few hours at the most. A good thing is that it doesn't break me out, it's super cheap, and it doesn't oxidize on my skin. I prefer to use my fingers and apply to my cheeks where I have redness. Not bad but there are definitely better options. However if you have oily skin, this will not feel cakey.

so I loved the way it looked.but I broke out all 5 times I used it with major pimples.right when I stopped using it I didn't have any pimples so I'm sad to say this broke me out and I never will use again unless they change that major huge issue.it smells like horrible paint and the smell even stay on my brush for days later so was gross but it did look decent on the skin and cheap price .makes me sad at the breakout so I won't buy again and don't recommend if your sensitive to paint smells

I really don't like this product. I feel like all the Youtubers must have been paid to sell this product because it works terrible. It looked great at first, but after having the product on for a couple of hours it began looking cakey. I will stick with my regular product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

They must have paid the youtube "gurus" a LOT of money to highly review this product. Barely covers redness and feels ultra heavy even though it is a watery product. It is sticky no matter how much I powder it and it breaks up in a matter of an hour or two on my cheeks even being set. I don't even have oily skin, but this product surely does replicate it. Oh, and it smells like house paint.

I will say, though, that my skin feels amazingly moisturized and smooth after I get frustrated and take it off half way through work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

YouTube made me buy it. Almost everyone talked about what a great drugstore gem this is and I needed a lighter foundation to mix with my Loreal infallible pro matte. I got soft ivory. The first thing I noticed is when I rubbed this on my hand, the texture of it was really weird. It sat on top of my skin instead of blending into it, and it felt super powdery. Also looked streaky. Then I tested it out on my face. Tried to use my fingers first and oh my god what a mess that was. Streaky, dry, didnt cover anything, it literally looked like I had tried to use plaster as a bb cream or something. So then I tried my sponge. That went way better than my fingers, looked okay, looked pretty dry and powdery still, and still looked as if it was sitting on top of my skin. However it builds nicely and has decent coverage. After one hour I noticed the foundation breaking down around my nose and pores and looking really textured on my forehead. Keep in mind I have absolutely horrible skin (aged beyond my years, textured, cystic acne, dry as a desert) so really I have nothing to blame but my skin, and really *all* foundations except nars sheer glow look pretty crappy on me, but this one just looked unforgivable. I'll probably end up returning it.

If you have oily skin with low texture, this would probably be great for you, and I feel like this foundation is a great value for the price especially since it has the potential to work well for other skin types. There's just no way I could make this work for me.