Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, color match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin.

I tried this after so many raves about it on YouTube. Overall I think if it works for you it is a great value. I liked it but it did not do well hiding the slight redness I have on my cheeks which makes it a big no for me. I also felt it was hard to blend I kept getting sponge marks from my Beauty blender.

As for the packaging I loved the heavy glass bottle but I am not a fan of the spatula I much prefer a pump or tube to squeeze I feel they are much more sanitary.

on 4/18/2017 5:27:00 PM

I seen many Youtubers and makeup artists rave about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread so I decided to give it a go.
I can't recall the name of the color I had but it was the lightest shade which matched my porcelain pale cool skintone self perfectly.
I am not a fan of it however-mostly because I have dry skin and it feels like there is NO moisture in this foundation. It feels too "dry" going on. I think if you have oily skin you may like this.
Also, its very sheer. its buildable but its not suitable for anyone with even minor skin issues. I usually use BB cream and it was almost same coverage(ps my BB cream was from Korean makeup line which usually has more coverage than American brands)

I have normal skin (not oily and not dry)
& at first application this foundation is beautiful! It makes your skin look even, yet natural, and gives you a flawless and smooth look but after an hour it left me super oily and shiny.
The smell is strong of paint but quickly goes away.
I wish it would have worked for me because it's super inexpensive and looks beautiful at first.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After seeing the YouTube hype on this product was pumped to try it. Wet n' wild has been coming out with some awesome products I love! However, after trying this foundation a good 10 times now in all kinds of ways to try and make it work (with all kinds of primers, applications and setting powders - even their photofocus powder), I've gotta say I don't plan to repurchase. I have super oily skin around my t-zone, acne-prone, but dry skin around my mouth and cheeks, so I get the best of both worlds haha. I got the shade golden beige and loved the great yellow undertone for my olive skin, and applying the foundation was easy. At first the application looks great, not matte or dewy, sort in-between, but it doesn't fully dry down, leaves a kind of tacky feeling on your face and you can't apply too much powder unless you wanna look cakey. In addition, it transfers LIKE CRAZY. If I even slightly touch my face I leave foundation fingerprints all over my papers in class, and I wouldn't dare hug someone or lay down on a pillow with this on. And finally, within an hour I am an oil slick. My face looks insanely greasy, the foundation separates, oxidizes, and worst of all it clings on like crazy to the small amount of dry patches on my face. The other day my roommate unknowingly thought I rubbed something on my face and told me to lick my finger and rub it off, and when I went to go look in the mirror I realized my skin texture looked awful, like I had a ton of orange dry patches the foundation was clinging on. It just doesn't look good after initial application and has also begun breaking me out :( I tried so hard to like it and I do love the price and packaging, but it has too many cons to continue using. I'm gonna stick to my L'Oreal Infallible pro-matte for sure.

Okay, so I wanted to start by saying I purchased this foundation solely based on the fact that every YouTube beauty guru was raving about it (at least most of the channels I watch were). I was intrigued, a little hopeful, but extremely doubtful at the same time...not because I don't like finding a great drug store option for make-up, but because I don't typically have the best experience with drug store foundations. Unfortunately, I was correct in my expectations. I bought three shades to ensure that I could find one or mix a few to find the right shade to give it a fair shot because no single shade was the perfect match when doing swatches on site. Here were my findings:
****Side Note On Application: I did use primer prior to application and I also tried it without primer, I tried three different application tools: BB, Real Tech brush, and last, but certainly not least, my Artis brush.***

PROS:
-- Packaging is decent, heavy glass bottle, still not sold on the paddle theory for foundation-I prefer a pump or tube.
-- Price is great!
-- Coverage was pretty good and was build-able from what I could tell in the short time I tried it. Application was overall pretty easy.
-- While not necessarily a pro, I did want to mention that the smell really didn't bother me, even though this has been mentioned as a bothersome point of contention for some. I'm a heavy skin care acid user, so if I can take P50 Original, I can take a lot of heavy scents..lol!

CONS:
-- Made my pores look like craters (and I DO NOT have large pores).
-- I could not get a handle on the finish...it's not super matte, dewy, or natural....when I set it with powder it really seemed to cake up, but when I didn't set it it turned into an oil pit within hours.
-- OXIDIZES LIKE CRAZY...clearly my biggest con and I think it just depends on your skin type. For me, I find that most drug store foundations tend to oxidize on me. I don't know why, but they just do. I wish they didn't, but I'm one of the unlucky people that experiences this almost every time I try one.

I'm happy that this is a great drug store option for so many people, it just didn't work out for me...:-(

Love this foundation!!!! It's my new HG and I actually like it better than my MUF HD stick foundation which is $40. It has full coverage, great color selection, looks like skin and good in all lights as it claims! The only downfall is that it dries quick so blend quick and really pay attention to the hair line and it can cling to your hair

on 4/11/2017 12:07:00 AM

I walked into CVS, browsing and came upon wnw new foundation. I quickly looked for my shade, I'm a golden beige. I didn't look up for review as I knew it only cost less than $6 so it wouldn't really matter if I did like it or not. Love the packaging and the spatula. But I do noted a scent but it quickly disappears after applying. I applied it with my beauty blender and I loved the flawless, natural finish look. I definitely would recommend this!

on 4/9/2017 1:22:00 PM

Love the price point and packaging.. Got the shade "Warm Ivory" which is a really good match to my NC15 skin with a neutral/warm undertone..Good medium coverage, but not very build able or starts to look cakey and pills up..

I'm combo skin, but this was very powdery and matte..way too matte for me and felt powdery and too dry on my skin! Which is a rare thing to find as I get oily on my tzone..

The worst thing is it does not play well with other products, my usual bronzer and blush went on very patchy even when foundation was set before application..Not cute :(

Wouldn't repurchase, and really wouldn't recommend for drier skin types!!!

on 4/11/2017 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This product is pretty decent for a drugstore brand that automatically takes your mind to thinking of the dollar general or 99cent store. (oh childhood nostalgia) but I bought it to check out what everyone was raving over and to........attempt to dodge a bullet with my already horrible foundation that I spend a ton of cash on. --

Packaging! It feels like a luxury brand. It is made out of glass, it is heavy and feels like they spent the coin to ensure that the product would last. Albeit simple in design, the product wrapping the foundation is really nice.

Actual Foundation wise -- the color matched incredibly well with mine and blended smoothly across my combination skin without much of a fuss. And I love the fact that they are one of the first American brands outside of Korean beauty products like Holika Holika petit aqua creme to use a spatula type applicator. Having a spatula type applicator made it easier to shellac that baby onto my face without dirtying up the back of my hand or fingers. And so far it played rather well with my Nyx concealer and Holika Holika cotton candy powder in translucent. HOWEVERRRRR I haven't tried to build upon it since I am a little iffy on resulting in caking my foundation for satan. Maybe it is just me but I have yet to witness or experience the oxidization that people were talking about (maybe it is for darker skin tones that oxidation of the product occurs) and rests with a slightly tacky/dewy-matte appearance. It's difficult to describe the actual texture of the dried foundation because out of habit I dust my face always with a setting powder. :)

I also heard from a lot of beauty gurus from the you of tubes that the smell of this foundation is something to be wary of. That it has a scent reminiscent of wet house paint that ultimately it is disgusting/unpleasant but tolerable enough to use the foundation. The photo focus foundation does have the smell that is a little.........chemically even paint like -- for instance acrylic paints you use in making art. Buuuuuuuuut Honestly? There are other high-end brand foundations such as Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation that smell this way as well but no one tends to mention them at all. Surprise.It's tolerable and to be frank far more pleasant to deal with than some smells we get with cosmetics such as dripping in saccharine scents.