wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 4/1/2017 1:04:00 PM

These are great cheap matte lippies. I have bought several colors, and wear them regularly. At $4.99 a pop, you can't go wrong. I believe the apply far better than NYX soft matte lip cream, and last longer. It applies easily, and dries quickly. But it's not the normal dry, uncomfortable matte. I would recommend these!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like the price point of this product and the packaging and the colour even (Give Me Mocha) but I absolutely hate the fact that this is actually very drying. I've tired several ways to use this, alone, after lip balm, after argan oil and yet this stuff is still drying eventually.

I know liquid lipsticks are generally supposed to be drying but I do own several liquid lipsticks from several other brands and some of them are just less drying than this one. For me, at least. I do naturally have dry lips though so perhaps if you do not have dry lips, this may work well for you like it has for many other people.

on 3/30/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Holycrap!!!!!!!! These liquid lipsticks are AMAZING. The pigmentation, color payoff and the staying power are fabulous. It goes on smooth and creamy and dries within seconds. Even after lunch and drink of water it is still there. So far I have 2 colors. Nice to Fuchsia and Give me Mocha. I loooove these two sooo much. GMM is a chestnut rose and NTF is a bright blue based pink *love* I got these on sale in CVS and paid 4 bucks each plus tax, what???? Don't see cracking or paper dry lips with this liquid lipstick. I am eyeing the red one next :))
Edit** Nice to Fuchsia is beautiful blue based pink, perfect for the warmer weathers.
Give Me Mocha is a color that can be worn year around. Perfect everyday color.
Update ** 4/22/2017 - Even though I loveeeee Give Me Mocha the staying power is ok plus the reapplication is tacky. For the price it is still the bomb.
Update **9/13/2017 - I wore to an interview and totally regretted it, started crumbling on me within an hour..wahhh :( I don't know what happened ??? This is my 2'nd tube and the color is slightly different than the first one..grrrrr!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I own four of these, and love them all. I have two nudes, and two dark colors. The formula seems pretty even between all of the shades, and there's no patchiness to them. The applicator is curved, which makes application so effortless. Super pigmented, although I do notice crumbling after only about an hour of wear. I love the shade range.

Ehhhhh, its not awful. But it's not that great either. I LOVE the applicator, a neat doe foot type thing that really helps with application. I like the way it goes on, and the way it lasts. BUTTTTT not how it looks on. Personally I had lines all through it, like bad. I did mix it with a NYX matte butter cream... GIRL NEW BAE. Lasted for HOURSSSS. Overall its meh. I might get another to see if maybe I just got a dud, but other than that probably wouldn't buy again.

on 3/21/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Super disappointed in this product after seeing so much love for it. It applies patchy on me, dries out my lips like a desert, and crumbles. I have Give Me Mocha, which is a lovely color. But I won't be using this anymore or buying more. So sad!

Hands down, the most long lasting drugstore liquid lipstick i've ever had in my life. The formule is, ok, i mean of course its gonna dry since it is matte, but i didn't give you a weird patches line like other dry matte liquid lipstick. Honestly, i didn't have any negative review on this product, I LOVE IT. My favorite shade is Give Me Mocha

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

These are slightly drying as are a lot of liquid lipsticks. Be sure to moisturize your lips very well before you apply this product. The overall staying power is very good. These last me a couple of hours without needing a touchup.

The color selection leans toward warm shades imo. I have Oh My Dolly which is a deep blue based pink/red. It's very pretty. I purchased Rebel Rose against my better judgement since it has received nothing but rave reviews on You Tube. On my fair cool toned skin it comes off as a hideous brown that makes me look like a corpse. I wish drugstores would provide testers! I guess brown lipsticks look good on some people or else they wouldn't continue to sell them.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not my favorite formula as they give me that outer lip ring look. For the price, I'm not too upset about it but I won't be repurchasing.

Okay i'm absolutely in love with these lippies. The only reason I don't give them 5/5 is sadly for something that plagues a lot of us when formulating a liquid matte lipstick...they are wonderfully pigmented (most of them) and dry up/stay on like a DREAM but at the expense of moisture:( womp womppp. My already dry lips feel pretty stiff/extra dry but can I *really* complain when the color payoff/stay power is so great?

The component is fantastic, it's a clear tube and when you twist the top to close, it clicks! Sooo satisfying. The applicator tip is quite a curvy little doe foot, and I will say that for my skinny/barely there typical white girl lips it can seem a bit too big/wide for me and I have to be extra extra careful not to grossly over-swipe because the product ends up all over my face having me look like some 5 year old who got into mommy's makeup!

So far I have 4 shades, Nudist Peach, Pink Really Hard, Give Me Mocha, and Video Vixen. I will say though, Nudist Peach and Video Vixen are a bit more sheer than the other two, and almost always need 2 coats/layers. Nudist Peach isn't super flattering on me either so I might give that one to my bestie tbh) Pink Really Hard and Give Me Mocha are amazing in pigment. All of them stay so well, so I suppose my other sort of "gripe" would be the removal. Damn these things will stay PUT. Lol you will definitely need mineral oil or baby oil or whatever to remove. Just a plain baby wipe/makeup wipe will not do!

Make sure your lips are EXFOLIATED, MOISTURIZED, and PRIMED before wearing these, y'all! I've made the mistake of not exfoliating way too many times and the results are horrific. In the end, these are my absolute go-to liquid lippie so far-for the price, I'll be collecting every shade for sure!!