Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Clinique Happy has been reviewed 1000+ times yet I want to add my two cents. Happy's main consumers seem to be women over 30 and girls under 16. I think it's because the women got it when they were girls and never stopped wearing it! It's one of those scents, to me, that is a safe bet. I have a 100ml bottle that's about a third of the way gone. I've had it for about a year and a half and I wore it daily for the first few months but let it sit for a while- it sort of got buried in my growing collection of perfumes because of the bland bottle and smell. I wore it again today and decided to sum up my thoughts.
Scent: I do not detect a significant citrus note. I am puzzled why it's always classified as a citrus. The scent certainly has a zing to it, but it doesn't have a heady "lemon" or "grapefruit" note. To me, Happy is a clean, white floral with a lingering sharp note of citrus in the background all tied together with soapiness.
Lasting power: It's bulky to carry my bottle around but the perfume gets good mileage on me. It's a sit-close-to-your-skin scent. I used to overspray because of that but quickly learned that it becomes quite overwhelming because of the sharpness. I spritz around my chest and in my hair and let it bloom.
Price: It is my understanding that at least in Canada, they hiked up the bottle prices by about $5. I found my bottle at TJ Maxx for $35. I wouldn't may anything more than that because it is an udnerstated scent.
Overall: I get compliments when I wear Happy, but it's a different kind of compliment than I get when I wear my usual spicy, woodsy scents. It's more of a "Mm, you smell nice." than a "My goodness, what are you wearing?!" Clinique's Happy isn't anything to write home about. I can understand why it makes some nauseous. Sometimes the notes seem poorly blended. But usually, it's a pleasant floral scent along the lines of Beautiful and Chance(to me). I wouldn't repurchase even if I ran out or would have bought it full price, but I can understand the while appeal this fragrance holds.

on 2/11/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst smelling perfumes ever. Smells so bad I don't want to even be near anyone wearing this because it is so offensive. I really don't understand anyone wanting to smell like this. It also causes many people to feel physically ill just coming in contact with someone wearing it.

on 2/3/2012 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Very light and citrusy.. not really my type of perfume though.

I have received this as a gift twice. I know many people who love it but it's definitely not for me. The staying power is excellent, the smell lasts all day. Unfortunately it smells HORRIBLE on me. The last time I decided to give it a try I ended up taking a second shower that day because I just couldn't stand the smell.

on 2/6/2012 5:02:00 PM

HEADACHE IN A BOTTLE! Hated it when it first came out, and I hate it now. Received this as a gift. NOT a Happy scent, imo!

on 2/2/2012 12:42:00 PM

I have been wearing this fragrance for probably close to six years and love it! I have received many, many compliments when I wear it and it has pretty much become my "signature scent".

The only problem I have had is that once in a while, I will buy a new bottle and it smells really bad, like it is old. In the course of six years, I have had to return this product five times! I normally buy this product from Younker's or Macy's, but I have also purchased at Meijer's. I have had to return the product to all three places, so I am sure that it isn't a "knock off" that I may have purchased. The smell, when sprayed, is actually quite repulsive and when I bring this to the attention of the store attendant, they can definitely tell as well. At one cologne counter, it was brought to my attention that there is a shelf date code on the box and that the cologne may have sat on the shelf too long.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I have never had a problem returning the product from where it was bought, but it is definitely frustrating, to say the least!!

on 1/22/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

very nice scent..i got it free in a gift w/ purchase bag.

This smells so good on other people.. Sadly on me it smells like chemicals. Wish it worked with my chemistry. :(

Florals, with a little bit of citrus that fades as time goes by. Smells like daisies. Mostly, it is nice and young, unoffensive, light, and unfortunately, boring for me. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this scent and it is very nice, it just doesn't stand out! It doesn't shout "Look at that girl who just walked in!" It's more like "why hello yes, I've been standing here for a while quietly and no that's not my lotion that smells nice it's my understated perfume"

Haha sorry, it's just not for me! I think my personality is too obnoxious for this scent!

on 1/26/2012 3:41:00 AM

LOVE! This is one of my more favorite fragrances, It blends perfectly on my skin, and every time I wear it I get complements. It's as though it was made for my skin!

Popular Fragrances