Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing palette- the quality is on par with my MUFE artist shadows and Viseart palettes. The mattes are easy to blend and the shimmers are buttery and intense. I can get a tiny bit of fallout with the deeper shades but it's not that bad. Versatile- I can do a dramatic look or a natural daytime eye. It's one of those rare palettes- I love and use every shade, no duds. It has good transition shades, crease shades, liner/ outer V shades. It's all inclusive and I don't have to reach for another palette when doing a look with this. Love it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Such amazing pigmentation on these eyeshadows. Absolutely love his palette and find it quite easily to create lots of looks with it!

on 2/26/2017 8:12:00 AM

This palette has beautiful unique colors. However, I find it not easy to work with. Some shadows are creamy in tin, and this 1 isn't. The change in the consistency once they are in the lid threw me off. The brush that came with it is ok, but for blending; you will need something better.

on 2/25/2017 6:39:00 PM

Beautiful palette with a really nice mix of finishes and everyday/fun shades :D
Shades appear to be powdery. However, once you blend it on your lid on skin, it adheres really well and seems to cling to itself to become more of a creamy texture!
Only con is the packaging and maybe wish there were 1 or 2 more shimmery shades/darker outer corner colors!

Swatches and review on my blog!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am probably one of 5 people on earth who didn't like this palette. I wanted it so bad too! I didn't mind the powder consistency. It swatches great. I just felt like it moved around after I put it on, if that makes sense. I would try a look and the colors would migrate. I didn't find the formula that impressive. It was very pigmented and a good color selection. I wanted the oranges and pinks still, and ended up getting the Tarte Pro. I find that to be much better!

With all that being said, I have several friends that adore this palette!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

1000000% worth the hype. I have so many eye shadow palettes at this point that it has to be something REALLY special to motivate me to buy it. This one fit the bill. I saw one or two YT videos on it when it first came out, and I immediately went out and purchased it. I haven't been using it as much lately because I took it on a month-long trip over the holidays and needed a break from it, haha. But it's beautiful and pigmented without being too powdery or overwhelming. The shades might look a little intimidating to some people, but it's actually a totally wearable, everyday palette. Love love love!

on 2/23/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the eyeshadows, both the texture and the colors. However, I have already hit pan on one of them, after only a month of use, and the brush broke in two after a couple of weeks.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy s***. To be honest, I was over eyeshadow palettes for quite a while. Same neutral ish, different palette. Thanks but no thanks, I'm all set with my TF chocolate bar palette! When this first came out, everyone was raving about it and it was sold out. I was mehhhh, really??? I'll pass. Why? Because the two magenta shades threw me off. When on earth will I ever wear that? Funny thing is I purposely got it for these two shades to do a Valentine's Day look.

I was so impressed with these shadows when I first used it. It does have a lot of powdery kick up but I absolutely love the fact that I can build it up. What I look for in eyeshadow is that it can be built up and layered. Some people like super pigmented eye shadows which is fine if it's shimmery for a pop of color on the lid but if it's TOO pigmented, I have a hard time blending it out and keeping it from feathering outside the crease (an issue I ran into with the ABH Mario palette). I had a few of ABH palettes before which I thought I liked but fell out of love with it the more I used it. I fall more in love with this one every time I use it.

When I sit down to do my makeup, this palette just makes perfect sense. ALL the colors work together one way or another and you can really tell how much thought Norvina and the ABH team put into creating this palette. My personal favorite is Antique Bronze, Red Ochre, and Vermeer cuz I love me some shimmah! I even reach for Realgar quite frequently and that's saying a lot because I consider myself a cool toned taupe eyeshadow girl. This is hands down worth every hype and definitely competing with my favorite TF chocolate bar palette. Literally one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made.

on 2/20/2017 7:58:00 AM

got this pallete last week and have used it daily ever since...it's definitely worth the hype. colours are amazing soft and blendable... buy it :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, at first i told myself i wouldnt cave into the hype. I knew I didnt have such a warm orange-toned palette but then again i thought i didnt need those pink and red tones. But after watching it being raved about on so many youtube channels, i was pretty much sold. I NEEDED this palette.

I was afraid i would kick myself after purchasing it at sephora (for a pricy $75 AUD), but upon using, i was WAS AMAZED. I didnt even need to PRESS my brush in. A light dip in the pan deposited SO MUCH PIGMENT and the shadows were so velvety soft and smooth. I am extremely glad i invested in this palette, and its definitely up there as a go to along with the toofaced chocolate bar.

Personally, i would prefer maybe a tin packaging, as the velvety fabric of the case tends to get quite dirty (like the naked original) but all in all, it is such a gorgeous palette.