Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 2/16/2017 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This palette really wowed me. The formulation for these eyeshadows are no joke and it's probably one of my favourite palettes to play around with because the colours are so easily blendable and pigmented. Unfortunately, I really don't enjoy most of these colours unless it's a rare occasion but the pigmentation on them impressed me so much. Definitely the best palette in terms of formulation out there, there isn't even any competition. The brush it comes with isn't anything to rave about though, but it is still decent. Definitely something worth having in your collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

SOOO amazing! I've never used shadows this pigmented or creamy before!
The colour selection is amazing, lots of matte blending shades, although not many deep shades so not very dark girl friendly.
This palette is great if you love warm tones but still like nude looks, and it offers variety as well (pinks, reds, oranges, neutrals, even a bit of mauve!). This would be a great gift for a makeup lover but maybe not a beginner, because the eyeshadows are so pigmented.
That being said, the pigmented eyeshadows give up a lot of kickup when you use them, so be very light handed when you dip into the pans.
This kickup also contributes to the absolute worst part of this palette: the packaging. The velvet exterior is cute to look at but gets dirty sooo easily, especially when you have red eyeshadow dust everywhere. The brush is also really bad, the black side is super scratchy and sheds. This is another reason why you should give it to makeup lovers, because they should have their own brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Such a pretty palette. You can create many different looks with this, from subtle and neutral to dramatic and smokey. The colors are all buttery smooth, easy to blend and highly pigmented. The duo brush it comes with isnt too bad either. The only complaint I have is that yes there is fallout. You have to tap off the excess product with this palette or else you WILL have fall out underneath your eyes. Not much of a big deal since you can easily brush off especially if you bake, but its something that should be mentioned. Not a huge a fan of the suede/velvet packaging because it gets dirty easily, but its still cute. Definitely a must have for any makeup lover.

on 2/13/2017 8:33:00 PM

Best palette ever.. Suits every skin tone

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a truly beautiful palette that every makeup lover should own!

I can't say enough good things about this palette. The colours are absolutely gorgeous, the formula is lovely and the shadows blend effortlessly. You have the perfect amount of finishes with nine mattes a five shimmers which in my opinion, is ideal as this allows you to create loads of different looks with the palette alone. It's incredibly versatile. These colours are on the warmer side so if you're someone who prefers cooler toned shadows I would pass this up. The berry tones and browns will really complement brown eyes and the orange tones will look beautiful on blue eyes.

I haven't stopped using this palette since I've brought it. You can get the most beautiful day time appropriate looks and easily amp it up to a night time look with the addition of another shadow. And as a non professional, the fact that the shadows are so easy to blend make me love this even more.

The only negative I have on this product is how soft the shadows are. This means you might hit pan quicker with this than you would another palette so remember not to go in with a really heavy hand. You really don't need much product as they go a long way. The price of this is what put me off buying it for so long, at £41 I wasn't sure if this would be an investment but I'm so glad I brought it. I would absolutely re-purchase this and I cannot recommend this enough.

on 2/16/2017 1:09:00 AM

Best palette of 2016 , it's beautiful buttery smooth pigmented and cordinated colors , no green or lilac here

on 2/3/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The other reviews pretty much say it all - smooth, pigmented, easily blended. Love the warm colors. The brush is meh. The only thing I really dislike is the velvet container it comes in -- the velvet feels really nice at first but after a few weeks it gets dirty and dusty and becomes kind of an eyesore

on 1/22/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am so disappointed in this after all the massive, relentless hype. Just touching it for the first time with a fingertip, I was shocked that the dark shades were dry and gritty. They felt like an old Cover Girl or Rimmel quad. What??? The paler shades are very creamy but there is nothing new here. Most importantly, I don't get this craze for red eyeshadows. Sure they are beautiful colours but it's too easy too look ill when you put red around your eyes. OK I have seen some youtubers using just the brown and cream shades and it looks great. But why buy this when those are in every palette? It's funny, when I went to Sephora the Anastasia display was not where it used to be (in the back, on a little display at the end of an aisle). So I looked in the middle of the store and there it was. The star. Taking up an entire lengthwise aisle. They are no longer a "little" obscure company. Obviously they are very, very popular. But I won't be having red rimmed eyes, thanks. Any of the palettes in my stash have most of the useful colours in here. The funny thing is I still want to like it after reading all the glowing, adoring reviews. Maybe it's me and I should try harder to make it work. Or maybe I just got a bad batch.

on 2/7/2017 1:15:00 AM

Love the colours, they're so beautiful and pigmented. There's a lot of kick off with the matte shadows which is the only bummer. But overall a must have!

on 1/30/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this product! My skin complexion is on the "darker" tan scale, it's difficult finding warm eye shadow tones that show up with my skin complexion, this palette is magic! Super pigmented, color applies onto the skin so effortlessly. There are numerous looks you can achieve with this palette, the color combination is plenty. I would definitely recommend this palette to everyone. Totally worth $42 AND it comes with a pretty decent brush. Love it and would buy it again!