Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

this is my holy grail eyeshadow palette; I use it every single day. The colours are so pigmented and smooth to apply, they range from cooler-tones to warmer-tones which is really great for various skin-tones. lots of neutrals so this is great for day-to-day use and for heavier eye looks.

on 1/13/2016 12:56:00 AM

I love this pallete! ! I have a lot of eyeshadow from a range of brands. This eyeshadow is so buttery, pigmented, and blendable. It stays all day with primer and creates such gorgeous looks. I was hesitant about the darker shade combination because dark smoky eyes tend to make my hooded eyelids look to intense , but the colors are actually very easy to build up to darker or you can add a little for a lighter look. All the colors are great.

These are not particularly inventive colors. Instead, what makes this palette great is the fact that they are all matte and very high quality. The shadows are versatile,buttery in texture, and they can all be worn in many ways. I have used the larger light color as a matte highlight and layered the other shades with other complimentary shadows from other brands. This would be a great compliment to any makeup wardrobe. The black is the blackest and it is wonderful having the subtle choices of neutral, cool and warm to work with. They take some practice, as they are incredibly rich in pigment, and because they are matte, you need a light hand and a lot of blending to get them to look perfect.

on 1/9/2016 1:12:00 AM

I can't say enough good things about this palette. I love the larger pans for transition shades! The shadows also blend so beautifully -- you don't end up with a muddy mess at the end of it all. The shadows last all day for me with primer as well.

The palette is organized into neutral, cool, and warm quads (from left to right). All quads work for me even though I lean cool (NW15) and I like to mix them. But each quad works wonders if you don't have time to contemplate a dynamite colour combo. I use the neutral quad when I want a no-brainer daytime eye look. The cool quad has such a lovely and versatile transition shade, and I also use it for a subtle face contour. The brow highlight is a matte, icy white that shows up on my pale skin without being gaudy, and I use the darker brown to fill in my brows. I use the warm quad mostly for cut creases. The orange-y transition shade is likely my favourite of the palette because it adds a bit of warmth without contrasting unflatteringly with my undertones.

The palette is a good supplement for other shadows, but I've been using it mostly as a standalone for the last few weeks. It's a treat to use as part of my makeup routine! It's also definitely not the kind of palette where you selectively hit pan on two or three shades and ignore the others -- you will get a ton of use out of it.

Wonderful colors, creamy and easy to apply

on 12/18/2015 7:36:00 PM

Yes! Y'all. Yes! So pigmented, so beautiful, so much of everything you need. I'm a believer.

on 12/11/2015 11:31:00 AM

O.m.g. this, tinted moisturizer and a mascara would be my desert island mu picks...I know, I'd be better off with a kayak, but bear with me.
As an eyeshadow palette, this is probably the crucial one. All matte, yeah, but with so many colors to work with that are uneffuppable, it's ok. Smokey eye? Cut crease? One color? Under eye lining? All flawlessly manageable in multiple colorways without looking over done, perversely glitzy(which is a fine look, if you do it intentionally).

Eyebrows? Anyone, I mean ANYONE, can mix up a color to get a natural look. The peachy shades will correct underage blueness, again, om any skin tone.

Contour? Pick a greige and cut yourself some cheekbones.
Blush? Surprisingly workable.

Get this. You need it

on 11/23/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a huge eye shadow palette girl and typically stick with matte shadows and neutrals. This is the perfect palette! Shades are amazing, super pigmented and blendable. Color range is lovely and packaging is great. This will be my go to from here on out.

on 11/11/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

See review below: I basically needed to play with this. It needs some time to understand. It is dusty and can be powerfully out of control. I have changed my mind and find myself borrowing colors from this pallet to supplement other looks.

Oh my goodness....I can't believe what I am about to say. I DO NOT, CAN NOT recommend this pallet. First, the fall out and the mess it makes on your face, clothes and whatever surface you are using to put your stuff on is UNREAL. Second, I was really convinced I was going to be able to make several even just simple eye looks and they were just so boring. Lastly, as a cool toned person I really could only use about half the shades. I'm disappointed. Please consider checking this out in person instead of ordering it based on reviews. For the money, I recommend the Lorac pro 2 if you want matte cool tones.

P.S. The black in this pallet is gray.

on 12/11/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Over the past few years I have gotten away from wearing eye shadow. I find any sparkle or iridescence really emphasizes any lines or dry skin that I have .

I saw this at Sephora and noticed that every shade was a beautiful matte and every colour very neutral, so I bought it.

I am really glad that I did. I am in love with this pallette!!!