Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite foundation ever! Only problem is the packaging, I wish it had a pump!

on 4/26/2017 7:25:00 PM

I like this foundation. I have it in shade 110 and it suits me perfectly! I think this is the only true match ever.
What's better - it doesn't oxidize, at all! I was surprised to see it remain the same shade even after a few hours of having it on. I love it! It's also very lightweight.

As for the matte and poreless thing - I can't really agree with. It doesn't do much for your pores, but that's not a problem for me since I don't have large pores. The finish is semi matte - not really fully matte. My skin is combination, not very oily, but even though the foundation says it's for oily skin, I feel like it wouldn't be as good looking on oily skin as it is on combination skin. I kinda had that healthy "glow" after applying it. Not dewy, no, but just a bit of the glow. I'm not complaining, tho.

The coverage is light - if you have any blemishes such as pimples or redness that you would like to cover, this foundation is probably not the best for it. I'm not sure if it's buildable - I always apply only one layer.

They recently changed the packaging - it's doesn't come in the glass bottles anymore, but in plastic tubes, which I'm not a big fan of, because I like classy and heavy packaging.

Repurchase? Yes.

EDIT: After using this foundation for a couple of weeks more, I completely changed my mind.

I spend a lot of time in front of the computer due to my work and I absolutely hate seeing my reflection in the mirror during those hours. I look greasy/oily and I do not like that at all. I'm very disappointed since the shade fits me perfectly, but I'll be throwing away this foundation after seeing what does it make me look like under certain lights.

Repurchase now? No, obviously.

on 4/24/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been trying to make this work but after a few hours it really makes my skin look rough. I don't feel pretty in it. The texture it gives my skin is horrific. I switched to Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation and my skin glowed throughout the day. The problem wasn't my skin but Maybelline M&P. I'm embarrassed people saw me like this for the week or so I wore it.

I have the tube version of this, i'm not sure it has the same formula..

love it, matte but not flat matte, lightweight, natural finish,best thing is it lasts for a long time better than bourjois healthy mix and it doesn't transfer as healthy mix does. I apply it with a real techniques sponge and i like how it blends well with a sponge.I highly recommend this to girls with minor imperfections since it's light to medium coverage.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Absolutely love this foundation! A great alternative to some of my higher end foundations. Gives medium to full coverage without looking cakey or exaggerating pores. It says matte but it doesn't feel dry on the skin at all. Only down side is it doesn't come with a pump and is hard to get your hands on in the UK.

on 4/26/2017 10:11:00 AM

After trying so many expensive foundations from stores like Sephora, I always end up going back to the drugstore. I have acne on my cheeks and whiteheads along my jawline, and my skin type is usually combination. It is oily (since I also have acne) but using any acne products ends up over-drying my skin no matter how much I moisturize.

This foundation, though not perfect, is the closest I got to for everyday medium coverage. It is decent on scarring, but unfortunately it will highlight any textured skin (i.e. any whiteheads/dark spots/acne) and emphasizes the things you want to hide. Although it is matte (does not over dry, which is great), it does unfortunately begin to sit on top of my skin towards mid-day. I have medium fair skin (Middle Eastern), and I used Warm Nude. Perhaps the shade is too dark for me, but if I go one shade lighter, it is too light for me then.

However, in the long run, it does not give me any breakouts and offers medium coverage as opposed to my otherwise red acne.

Comparatively, I must say Revlon's Color Stay Whipped is a much more full-coverage option that doesn't sit on textured skin as much.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I travel a lot and do a lot of client interactions so I have to look amazing at all times. I normally wear my faithful Double Wear but I hate to burn through a 40 buck foundation. I was introduced to this product and have fallen in love. I was a bit nervous since it's drugstore but this really comes up there with those higher end products. I like that there are colors that match my melanin-enriched skin beautifully and the formula rocks. I use my MUFE matte primer and then put this on and set with MAC's MSF. Flawless and matte finish that as the day progresses will end up in a nice glowy-not grease ball finish. Def a win especially if it's on BOGO.

I will use this up because I'm cheap, but definitely not repurchase. I have severe acne scarring/bumps along my lower cheeks/jawline, and texture all over my forehead. This is simply not flattering on textured skin. I appreciate that the palest shade (110 porcelain) is truly pale, likely the very palest you can buy at the drugstore. I also like the matte finish, and find it to be relatively longwearing. But for girls with texture, I'm warning you this is seriously unflattering.

This doesn't hold a candle to my all time favourite drugstore foundation, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25h, nor to my second favourite, Revlon Colorstay Whipped (it's gotta be the whipped one!). Both of those have a thicker consistency but if you apply a sheer layer and blend them out, they really appear in synergy with the skin rather than sit on top and emphasize exactly everything you don't want emphasized.

The quality of the foundation is great! BUT there aren't really that many shades to choose from. I have very light skin and the lightest shade was like two shades too dark, I'm usually light porcelain.

The coverage was great, I didn't like the fact the shop I bought it from didn't have testers considering it's called "fit me" but all round great coverage and lightweight