Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

on 1/18/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm re-writing my prior review for this product because I've been using it for a long time now and I have more thorough opinions than I did when I wrote my original review. I originally gave this 5 stars but I've bumped it down to 4. I still love it, but I have a couple complaints.

First, the things I love about it though: The packaging is GREAT. Convenient mirror, very slim, cute gold overlay, awesome layout (I prefer the more square shape to the long skinny palettes for mirror usage purposes). The organization of the shadows in this palette is really nice too. I like that it's set up essentially in 3 different quads with different tones. I also really like that this palette is more cool-toned. I know thats something that a lot of people DON'T like about it, but with sooooo many warm palettes on the market right now, I really enjoy the coolness of this one (esp since I happen to be a taupey shadow kinda gal).

Now, the things I DON'T love about it: it's not super pigmented, not that it's bad, it's just not as pigmented as say, the kat von d shadows. also, a lot of the shadows in this palette seem a little too similar. For example, dreamer and multi-tasker look almost the same (multi-tasker is a LITTLE darker), free spirit and super mom look almost the same (free spirit is a little more yellow toned), and force of nature and wanderer are fairly similar too.

Overall, a good palette: great packaging and layout, decent pigmentation, but could use some greater diversity in the shade-selection

on 1/12/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

(For reference, I'm an NC 35)

I was very excited when I first got this palette. I bought this because I just absolutely fell in love with the colors when I looked at them (such beautiful purples and browns), I'm a huge sucker for neutrals, plus they were all matte! And when I swatched them on my arm, I was really impressed with the pigmentation. BUT. After using this quite the number of times (I gave it many chances), I'm just very disappointed. To the point that I returned this palette.

The colors are absolutely beautiful when individually swatched, but for some reason aren't true to color once applied to my lid. For example, I just couldn't get the shade Best Friend (the color I was most excited about) to show on my skin, no matter how much product I picked up with my brush. I tried doing different looks per row, I really reallyyyy wanted to love this palette, but once I'd blend all the shades on my lid, all the looks just looked quite the same :( Creating a look that I liked took too much work for me (for the price I paid to get this, I hated that). And the HUGEST disappointment, was that even with primer, they faded on my lids really quickly. :(

Sadly, I cannot really recommend buying this palette.

on 12/22/2014 3:30:00 PM

I pretty much buy all of the palettes that come out from all the high end companies. I enjoy getting them and while I am not that adventurous with my makeup I like having options of colors, finishes, and textures. I simply LOVE this palette. I have worn it every day since I have gotten it and I'm not kidding when I say that three times I have had someone say that I looked great. I tend to be subtle with my looks and aim for pulled together and well groomed. But my hair stylist, my DH, and a good friend all commented about my eyes when I wore shades from this palette in the past week. There is something about the middle row of colors that makes my eyes look really blue. All I did was follow the instruction card that came with it for the daytime look and that's it. Perfect.

This holiday season I purchased a few palettes and returned both the Kevyn Aucoin and Dior ones. They just weren't that special for the cost. I don't think this one was for the holidays but it was money well spent. I wouldn't buy another one right now because that seems excessive but it is a purchase I am glad I made and so therefore give it 5 lippies. Tarte should make this a permanent offering. It is my favorite.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the palette!! Have been looking for good matte shadows... I like this one because it blends easily and the colors are great in this one!!! So far I'm enjoying this one. I'm older and wear contacts. All the glitters I just can't wear anymore!!! These are soft and go on smoothly!!!

on 12/20/2014 3:15:00 AM

I recently purchased this as a VIB Rouge Exclusive from Sephora, I was so excited to see it offered and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. The colors are beautiful and range from nudes to light pinks and very workable purples and browns, nothing too daring in the palette. All the colors have super cute names like "Supermom", which really made me smile when I opened the palette. The palette itself is a nice 4" x 4" metal and plastic palette with a nice sized mirror. The pans are generously sized so you get a good amount of shadow in each pan.

My only complaint is the texture. I was really hoping for shadows as soft and buttery as the Mattificient palette that Tarte put out Spring/Summer 2014, these were wonderfully textured but not very pigmented. The Tarlette palette is the opposite, the shadows have good pigment but I found the texture chalky and difficult to blend. So far I have used with two different shadow primers (UDPP and Smashbox 24 hr) and both times the shadows applied chalky and weird and were difficult to blend out. I am still giving the palette 4 Lippies because the colors are great and the construction of the palette is well made, this one just isn't a game changer for me so I answered "no" as to whether or not I would replace it if I ran out or lost my palette. Price wise I think this was about $44, or in that range.

on 1/10/2015 11:20:00 PM

Very excited to have my hands on this palette! Quite swatches of the eyeshadows do not do this palette any justice because I have noticed using these colours (especially the middle - dark ones) my green eyes pop with colour! Also very happy with how smooth and pigmented they are. This is an essential everyday palette.