Guerlain Vol de Nuit

Guerlain Vol de Nuit

4.3

on 12/23/2003 6:37:00 PM

This scent is glamorous and unique and one that speaks to the feminine in us all. Not too sweet and not too powerful, a dream come true. Horrary Guerlain

on 12/23/2003 12:22:00 PM

My experience with Vol de Nuit has echoed those of its recent reviewers; it's a beautiful, comforting, warm, complex, classic woody vanilla, and I usually dislike vanilla unless it's in a frozen carton with a spoon. :) I like to wear it in the evenings, after a long day---I sort of curl up with it. Some MUAers have described various fragrances as being like a soft blanket, or a cashmere sweater that wraps around oneself. This is my "blanket" fragrance.

I bought this for myself, as I love oriental fragrances. It's not too old-ladyish...but I think it would smell perfect on my mother, who is an Opium and Coco aficionado. A beautiful, sophisticated scent, just not for me.

My reaction to this beautiful fragrance was love at first whiff. Thanks to the genorsity of LaureAnne, who sent me a large roll on and some EDP, I was able to experieince the full wonder of this amazing scent. Feminine, fresh, fantastic, this is a must for any women who wants to be appreciated for possessing a classic fragrance with classic beauty. An enchanting floral and oriental this one is a true keeper.EDIT: after wearing the EDT for sometime, this scent is lovely, but fades quickly on me. Happy to have sampled it, but not sure I would purchase it on my own.The EDP, on the other hand, is so beautiful...mezmirazing, sensual and evokes feelings of longing.

on 8/18/2003 7:04:00 PM

I just bought the EDT rechargeable spray at Neiman Marcus. They had no tester out, so I had to buy it without trying it first. It is one of the most heavenly scents ever! Romantic and powdery like Shalimar, but not as prominently so. Spicy and oriental like Opium, but again, not as strong as that fragrance. Beautiful soft floral and citrus notes round it out. Elegant, feminine, strong, sexy, and romantic--this may be my very first truly all-purpose perfume! I can't wait to get my hands on the parfum.

on 12/23/2003 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

vol de nuit parfum is: that hyperreal dream of a long-lost loved one returned, a rainy Paris afternoon, your great grandmother's wedding ring, moody jazz, and pressed flowers in a stranger's journal discovered in an antique shop find.

it's at once both ethereal and earthy, with the perfect balance of wood, vanilla & mature green floral bouquet notes, ending in a sweet haunting drydown. i adore this exquisite parfum though it has nearly brought me to tears many times for some odd reason-- this beautiful ghost in a bottle. continued >>

on 8/2/2003 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

OMG! was also my instant and unedited reaction to Vol de Nuit.
This one has my whole heart and
devotion. Many thanks
to Chris and Laurene for their generosity once again in sending me a sample vial. Vol de Nuit is akin to Mitsouko, Apres L'Ondee, L'Heure Bleue, and
Chanel Cuir de Russie, but gentler.
Very refined and classy. Alas, the EDT does not last long on me, but I'm willing to reapply. The most perfect over-50 fragrance I can imagine. Vol de Nuit sets the bar high and gives one quite a standard to meet.

on 7/1/2003 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yum! I tried the EDT version first and was sorely disappointed. I put it on my pulse points, whiffed its magnificence, and then BAM!--it faded into oblivion. Happily, my MUA friend, Sherry, was kind enough to send me a decant of the perfume. When I first put it on, it smells a bit like cardboard. Oh but then it gets interesting. The perfume seems to slowly meld into my body chemistry. After about an hour, it is the most delicious floriental I have ever experienced. How does Guerlain do it? They have fragrances approaching 100 years or more, yet they are as timely today as they were back then. In this case, Vol de Nuit celebrates its 70th birthday this year. If you haven't done so already, I suggest you take time to pay homage to it and celebrate its ageless mystery.

I purchased this from another MUAer after the reviews on here, but I got it, and don't like it! It smells very old ladyish/powdery to me. Hopefully I got the right scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am new to this community, so please bear with me while I learn the ropes here! I just stumbled across these reviews, and a funny thing happened. I collect perfume bottles, and after reaching for my unopened bottle of Vol de Nuit Parfum, I finally opened it. I have been a huge Guerlainophile for years, although I rarely wear their fragrances in the summer. Your posts gave me the impetus I needed to break the seal on this beautiful bottle, and now I am kicking myself for hiding behind Acqua di Parma this summer. You are all so right - to truly enjoy this fragrance, you must give it time. After the top notes fade, Vol de Nuit gives way to become one of the most complex, beautiful and yet not overpowering fragrances. I also agree with those of you who noted that the EDT does not hold up to the pure parfum. I find this to be true of most Guerlain fragrances. My husband (whose olfactory senses are severely challenged) actually inquired as to the name of my perfume. I am still in a state of shock. I noticed in the posts that availability seemed to be an issue:
Guerlain has a number in New York that you can call if you are looking for discontinued or difficult to find products. They will ship anywhere... Thank you for your great reviews!

Popular Fragrances