J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

I recovered this in a box I had in the basement and was reminded of my tween years. Ew, what was I thinking?! It has a processed smell, not very flalight so flattering for any person even a teen. I had the perfume in its orginal box as well & it wasn't exposed to sunlight which ruins perfume. It is suppose to be a clean scent, and I remember loving the ad as a teen but really this was a one time wonder...it's not a scent that has lasted through the ages. I know this scent says it has jasmine in it but I can't smell it, it's so overly processed that it smells too cheap to have jasmine in it.

on 6/20/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Okay..I'm a silly perfume snob! Its taken me years to spray a 'celeb' fragrance! On a recent holiday to Spain sprizted J.Lo Glow on my arm....within 5 seconds smitten kitten!!!! love,love,love this fragrance its abs beautiful so soft and fresh, so abs had to buy a botte...biggest one I ..sorry hubby could buy!..Will def buy again...for me its a feel good fragrance ..after showering and moisturising, then a good spritz of glow before dressing ...I feel clean and fresh all day long ..highly recommend this fragrance.
Edit 25/10/2011...I am now on my 4th bottle of Glow ....in the space of 6 months!!!!! use it every morning & evening after showering & spray my pillow and bed linen with it ...love it so much,,,it totaly cheers & uplifts me..
Edit 01/05/2012...just ordered 2 new bottles of Glow ....to say I love this fragrance is an understatement ....Its all down to skin chemistry & luckily for me this smells abs beautiful on me & its one of the very few out of my 200+ bottles that I can actually spray onto my skin ..even on my neck without any adverse effects ...headaches etc...

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. It's so cheap, but it smells so clean and fresh. Tyra Banks also admits to loving this scent. It's very fresh and soapy.

on 6/9/2011 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is so strong and so nasty. The lotion for this line is a glitter mess as well.

God help any woman who walks around with this stuff sprayed on them and doesn't feel like a maggot covered 22 year old poodle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It is a great fragrence and has a great smell. I like the glow in the dark one. People comment on it

on 6/14/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this scent! Its light and feminine and has a soft floral with light musk scent. I usually don't like musk but this is an exception to me. The packaging is a little tacky with the ghetto chain and all, but I can be a little street with it. You can find it at Tj Maxx for like $25 so thats not bad for a department brand product. I've purchased this fragrance twice and always like to product hop and experiment, I would def buy again if saw a deal on it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know that I'd really want a bottle of this but I cannot understand the bad reviews or anyone saying it's strong or old lady smelling. This fragrance has got to be the lightest, least strong frangrance I've ever smelled. I get clean, soapy smell. I think for someone that wants a very light scent they can wear anywhere, this is it. Of course I suppose that any perfume could have a bad reaction on someone, but I seem to be the worst for "turning" a scent into YUCK and this was not one of those fragrances that turned on me.

on 4/19/2011 3:34:00 PM

A nice, clean scent that is a good alternative to the very sweet scents out therer right now. It is a bit more classic (I don't get 'old lady', but then again, I'm not sure what people mean by this expression, seems a rather mean thing to say anyway) because it is powdery and has a rosy smell to it, but enough depth and lasts for a long time.

Overall rating- 5 lippies.

Price- 5 lippies. I am sorry but this is expensive, at least in Sweden. For a 30 ml EDT, it kinda burns a hole in your pocket if you're on a student budget.

Packaging quality- 4 lippies. This is what CK one's packaging would look if it were 'a girly girl' :) i like the frosted glass, and the shape, but i hate the tacky J.Lo chain. ripped it off asap.

would i buy it- hell yes.

I love this scent because it smells like lilies, as in lily of the valley. plain and simple.

it's clean, demure, fresh yet floral in a 'strong' way, not overpowering at all. it doesn't smell like 'old lady' flowers, strong roses or patchouli. not to mention this fragrance is the first celebrity fragrance I've tested that doesn't smell like shampoo, bubblegum or blueberry juice leftovers.

J.Lo really surprised me, more than i managed to surprise myself taking into account this fragrance has been around since the early 2000's and i never even bothered to sniff it- due to the aforementioned celebrity fragrance prejudice. silly me.

No celebrity fragrance will be as special and classy as this one. you can swing it for anything for that matter, since it doesn't have that pungent, sugary scent of anything 'famous' that's currently available on the market. Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Britney, Paris, Christina, Jessica, Eva Longoria, whatever else you can think of, they ALL either smell bad or identical, sometimes both. not this one. however, all of the other Glow versions smell EXACTLY like Paris' perfumes...or anyone else's for that matter. they smell like fading patchouli (LA Glow), shampoo and flowers (Miami Glow) and something indescribable (Night Glow or after dark or something like that). eew.

i'm not good at describing scents but the first note i felt was a fresh, clean (almost 'cold') laundry scent, immediately followed by an orchestra of white- lily of the valley, that is. with a tiny tiny hint of honey, i'd say, but it can be felt only hours after the application, and at close sniff- so i'd say this would be the bottom note.

I will continue purchasing this because, funnily enough, i haven't found anything on the market, not even high-end, to have the lily of the valley perfume. maybe it's just me, but i love the scent and i think it can be a successful daytime scent as well as a classy yet sexy (very youthful...) nighttime scent. if you don't wanna splurge on some high-end fragrance yet want something that's worth the $, go for this one, ladies.

and no, i definitely do not think it smells like laundry detergent or Dove soap. but well, we're all different so i can't say i am the one who knows what this smells like. what i can be sure about is that this perfume deserves to be tested.

Very nice and light scent for summer, alot different then most I have smelled. Scent seems to last long time on the skin even without layering. Does have more of the clean and slight musk smell. I like it very much and would buy again.

Popular Fragrances