Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is a beautiful, coppery palette. I like it lot for everyday, softer looks, and it's also easy to combine it with other shades to make more intense looks. I'm a beginner, so I like the soft shades. The shadows are very buttery. There's no smell to the product, which I really like. The included brush is wonderful and versatile for just about everything but lining the eye.

I do agree with everyone that there is a bit of fallout, but there's fallout in almost every eyeshadow. Using a primer keeps it pretty clean (Urban Decay Primer Potion currently), and I don't have any issues without fallout AFTER applying, just during. As long as I use an eye primer, it seems to last very well.

I do wish there was a little more differentiation in shades, but it's still a fabulous palette.

on 12/22/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used 2 different eye shadow palettes. This one and Too Faced Natural Matte. This palette is my absolute favorite out of the Naked palettes. I love the brown and slight pinky tones. Looks great on my skin and with my eyes. I am a matte eye shadow person, not so much a sparkly eye shadow gal but the sparkly tones in this palette are being used quite frequently! I just love the variety in the palette and how each color can be paired with another and not look strange! A must have for your makeup collection!!

on 12/20/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like UD eyeshadows, and I love the neutral tones that flatter my NC25 skin, but I just can't wear eyeshadow with shimmer anymore,and only three of the 12 pans in this palette are matte shades. Lovely colors, but not for me.

on 12/20/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in my 50s and have hazel eyes and the colors in this palette look very good on me and make my eye color pop. I only use the matte and satin shades (I'm too old for the shimmer ones, lol!) and they give me a nice soft romantic look. I especially like the light rosy matte shade and the light pink satin shade. I do a nice soft look with the light pink satin shade on the lid and the light rosy matte shade in the crease (or UD Naked, depending on my mood). The highlighting shades are great when used on the brow bone. I also happen to really like the brush that comes with this palette. The shadows are almost creamy and there's no fallout to speak of. They last all day, although I do use a primer (Clarins or Benefit Stay Don't Stray), which helps. If I want a more dramatic look, I use one of the darker matte shades on the outer third of my eye and this gives me a great look for photos. This is my most used palette. I don't wear shadow on a daily basis, saving it instead for special occasions. I then use a ton of very black mascara to finish off. These colors are great for hazel, blue or brown eyes imo. Although I don't use all the colors, I still think this palette was a great buy. It has unique shades that really work for my eye color. The shadows are very pigmented but not chalky at all. They also blend very easily. This is the only UD palette I own, although I do have several single UD matte shades (the one I use most is Naked). All in all, I definitely recommend this palette and enjoy creating different looks with these colors. It was a very good purchase for me. I'm thinking about buying Naked 2 because I like the consistency of these shadows so much. UD is my favorite eye shadow brand. Sometimes, HE products are not worth the price tag, but in this case, this palette definitely is. The shadows are far superior to anything the drugstore has to offer and the shades are truly extraordinary. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

on 12/15/2015 2:14:00 PM

I wanted this palette for 2 years and I wish I bought it 2 years ago. Definitely my favorite of ALL the nakeds.

I am nc20 w brown hair and eyes. These pinks don't make me look sick at all-- they are so pretty and brightening!

Strange is a perfect shade to obviously highlight or to blend out any of the other shades in the palette. It is such a brightening white pink tone.

Limit is gorgeous as a transition or even all over the lid for a no makeup look.

Liar, factory and mugshot I use these ALL the time as single lid shades for a daytime smokey eye; they are wonderful!

I always get compliments on my eye makeup. One guy even asked if I did my makeup "myself"-- LOL. I do looks so complicated w 5 or 6 shades and don't get comments. But I'll use one color and people will be amazed.

Long story short for quick go to looks or elaborate beautiful romantic eye looks this palette is AMAZING!! I own about 12 eyeshadow palettes and this is definitely in the top 3--- I basically cannot live without this palette.

Oh! And I love how trick is in here to warm up every look. It looks glittery and scary but I use Mac fix + and get ZERO fallout. The same with dust-- probably one of the most complained about shades. If you don't like the glitter burnout is basically exactly the same on the eye minus the glitter, but I personally don't get any fallout with dust so long as I wet my brush-- and for me the color payoff is rather awesome

This palette is definitely in my top three favorites. The colours are pinks and gold and purpley hues and totally wearable when you're going to a neutral look (I'll be honest I rarely do) but they're also smokey and pigmented enough to give you a strong dramatic look. They last all day and if you add some primer, Wow. Just wow. The pigment is incredible, the colours are gorgeous, the packing is sturdy and pretty all at once. Must have palette!

on 11/25/2015 12:06:00 AM

I love this palette and love the pretty rose/blush shades. It very different colour wise to the other 2 naked palettes, but honestly if you have the 3 palettes, you can do endless looks.

As in my other reviews of UD Naked palettes, the quality is top notch and the eyeshadows have such longevity, high pigment and are amazing to blend out. I feel my best eyeshadow looks are when i do my makeup with UD.

I also love all the packaging, So easy to take when travelling. I have seen the smoked palette, but its a little too dark for me so i'll just stick to naked 1,2,3.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I thought I wouldn't like this palette but it actually looks terrific on my neutral coloring and green eyes. I prefer this out of all the naked palettes, I really like nooner, limit, and darkside especially :)

on 11/21/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Urban Decay as a brand is a bit over priced, but their products usually deliver. I don't own either of the Naked or Naked 2 palettes, but Naked 3 is a beautiful, blush-toned palette with pigmented, creamy, blend-able shades that I use quite often. If you don't like blush-tones, don't even think about buying this palette. For $54.00, you want to make sure this is a good range of shades for your personal preference. I wish there were more matte shades in this palette personally, and I really hate the ultra shimmery, sparkle-filled pink shade on the far left-hand side, but besides that, I like the brush, I like the colors and the product. Packaging looks nice, but it's kind of chunky and plastic feeling. The price is high, but I definitely feel a quality difference when experimenting with cheaper, dupe-type versions of this product. Overall, this is a good palette, with romantic shades that are perfect for your transitioning, crease, brow bone, and many all over lid shades and dark colors to add definition to the outer corner. You have everything you need, unless you're someone who hates blush tones or if you need all matte shades.

on 11/27/2015 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Naked3 is my absolute favorite eyeshadow palette!! Upon first receiving it on my birthday, the rosy tones made me a little nervous. I had found that in the past pink-ish eyeshadows could sometimes make me look like I had pink eye or maybe an eye sunburn. However, I began to play around with the different colors and found that they were extremely appealing. There's not a single one I don't like. I usually use the left half of the palette for more natural daytime looks and then add the darker colors from the right half for fancier occasions. All the tones bring out my green eyes and create a lovely softness that I adore. However, I always make sure that I'm wearing eyeshadow primer before I apply the colors, especially "Dust" because there can be a lot of fallout and there is not a lot of staying power, unfortunately. Overall, Naked3 is by far my favorite item in my makeup drawer, and if I ever run out, I'm sure I will be buying twelve more to replace it.