Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I see this is a hit or miss for everyone. The rose gold is definitely not your every day shades like your typical browny naturals. For me, I don't reach out of this palette all the time but believe it or not this is the first palette I ever bought! I had never been, still am not, an eyeshadow girl but every time I visited Sephora, I always play around this palette.
Now to begin, my skin town is your typical golden undertone Indian skin tone. I do run on the end of the medium shades (in between NC37 and NC42 in MAC Studio Fix, nc40 is too pinky on me + MAC F&B c5, and NARS Sheer Glow in Barcelona) . Rose-golds are not suitable for all skintone so yes place swatch before buying! However on my skintone, I found them surprisingly suitable! I really think this palette can work well for skin tones that are olive or golden in undertones.

Now everyone has been saying how the colors look the same. From a first glance and first swatches, yes the colors do look very similar but the key thing here that they all have different textures. I think that's what helps make this palette still versatile. Some have glitter chunks, some have micro glitters, and some are plain matte! The key with this palette is that you have to play around with all the shades and find what looks work. The only shades I don't use is Strange (unless for the rare occasion I use it as a base) and Darkside (I usually don't like grays at all). Dust has crazy fallout but with a good eyeshadow base, this shade will definitely last. Sometimes I like to use as a wash of sparkle over my eyelids and darken up the outer v with a slightly deeper shade in this palette. Another shade I use, probably most often, is Trick. It's a beautifulll shade. The trick for Tick (lol) is to use the color wet! Darkside is a great out V shade for a smokey look. To get the best out of it's microshimers, use it to set a black liner and you can get a sparkly spacey looking black liner look xD! Limit and Nooner are great base and crease shades. The only con is that there aren't enough mattes in this shade but for rose-golds, I prefer them to be shear or shimmery.
The original reason I bought this palette is for parties (which I rarely go to haha) and Indian weddings. The colors look fun and grand. But now I find this palette useable for any occasion!. Def will repurchase (which wont happen for a long time since I have soon much product left - def worth the $$$$).

on 1/28/2016 1:27:00 AM

I like this palette better than the second one! It has really nice pink/rose toned shades. Perfect for a princessy or day to day look without looking too harsh/dark.

on 1/22/2016 10:59:00 PM

This palette has a nice range of colors and I use most of them (I don't use Blackheart...too daunting for me!). The shimmer colors are really nice, but I tend to use the mattes more out of personal preference. Is it worth $54? I think it depends on how you look at it. You could probably find similar colors and achieve a similar look, but you most likely wouldn't be able to find eyeshadows with the same creaminess as UD's.

on 1/16/2016 6:03:00 AM

I got this palette recently and i have to say its really
Pretty, the packging, the shades.
you can do alot of beautiful soft looks with it . The shadow Nooner is my perfect blending shade for the crease, Liar is amazing all over the lid and all the draker shades are so amazing and so pigmented!
Only shadow i was a bit disappointed about was Trick, its more on the sheer side.
Expect some fall out when you use some of the shimmery shades.
Overall i love this palette because the shades are really useful for the everyday which is the main reason why i bought it.

on 1/14/2016 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After using and loving the NAKED palette, I saw this one and had to try it. I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous rose gold shades, and having had a good experience with the NAKED palette as far as pigmentation and its ability to last throughout the day, it was no question for me.

As with the NAKED, I loved the presentation/organization of the shadows from lightest to darkest, as this served as somewhat of a visual aid for me in deciding which shades to wear together. Slightly pricey, though comparable to most other high end palettes and so worth it given the use I've gotten out of it.

Gorgeous rosy colours! I love the variety of pink shades ranging from dark to light and some matte shades to blend everything out. I love using the palette to add some glitter to more dramatic looks, and the matte shades for more everyday wear to create a natural makeup look. I own the naked 2 aswell and I love that there aren't any overlaps in shades. They work very well together and alone. I love how easily they blend out and work together!

on 1/5/2016 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I had eyed this for a *while*. A few years back, I settled on Too Faced Chocolate Bar as a treat/purchase from gift cards I had received, and I do love that. But I kept eyeing it...I even bought a knock off palette (which was terrible and muddy; Makeup Revolution. Although I will say, their dupe for Darkside was better than the original :O). One day there was a great sale and I had a gift card again so I went for it.

Packaging is absolutely fantastic. It's gorgeous and sleek and closes well (unlike the first one) and is just pretty. The brush is amazing and the samples of the primer finally changed my mind about UD Primer in general (I don't know HOW I used to not like it, this stuff is necessary in my life).

Color wise I'm extremely pleased. I love the fact that there are mattes, as I've gotten in to those lately and had picked up a few shades but these complete it. Because I have the Too Faced I don't personally need any browns or golds, but I wanted a warmer, subtle look and this really delivers. I could have used a legit PINK matte in the palette. I do have the Strawberry Bon Bon from my Too Faced palette, I just have a little anxiety about it running out lol. It looks great to add that in to one of the looks from this palette as well. But I like that the pinks in this have a mauvey/dusty tone which I feel like is still extremely 'in' and appropriate for all ages.

The shimmers have a little fall out but I don't feel it's as bad as others are saying, with the exception of Dust. I like that they add a little pop but I prefer the mattes and satins. I use Trick the least and after that, Blackheart, but I use every color at least sometimes. I notice Trick is slightly rosier when compared with other gold/bronzes and I'm going to try to incorporate that more. I'm also a little disappointed in Strange, I feel it could be a little butterier but I know that's really hard to do in a super light matte. (I prefer the TF White Chocolate) Limit, Nooner and Darkside are my favorite colors, but I feel the quality and texture is best with Liar, Factory and Mugshot.

However, I do have to be honest and say that if I had to pay full price for it then no, I wouldn't buy it again. I'm really a bargain buyer and while I enjoy things like this, I don't often find they are always necessary for that high of a price. And of course a lot depends on personal finances. Those who have the money think it's not a big deal, while my only two high end palettes are this and the TF. I think the TF is better in terms of quality and formula. I also was gifted an UD Book of Shadows IV and find those are also a bit more buttery than this one. But for the sake of argument, with sales and gift cards and being extremely choosey and limited about what I would get, yes, I was extremely happy I bought this and think it's a great palette.

on 1/3/2016 10:40:00 PM

This is my fav to look at , but rarely used like once in a yr , the colors don't show on my pink undertone nc20 at all , huge disappointment as I wanted to love it

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have extremely fair skin and green eyes, and the colors in this palette would wonderfully for me. Even though they are all similar in color, I can get many different looks. I also love that although I am so pale, I can use every single color - even the darkest.

on 1/1/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

As with all Urban Decay Naked palettes, the shadows are of beautiful quality and are nicely pigmented. But overall I find this palette too be somewhat disappointing. I am a huge fan of the first Naked palette and thought that on my dark tan skin tone some of the shadows looked the same on the eye. I think people with lighter to medium skin tones who love pink eye shadows will love this palette. While there are some beautiful shades there are also some good cheaper dupes of this palette that I would suggest buying instead of this one.