Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not worth the hype. I bought this and regret it every time I look at it. Of course I use it and try my best to make it work since it was so expensive, but this is the last time I buy Urban Decay. I am always let down. There is so much fallout in this palette and the lighter shades all look similar

on 12/30/2015 11:02:00 AM

I don't think this should be marketed as a "Naked" palette - it's super not neutral. Almost every look you can create will seem very...well, PINK. That being said, it's also really pretty. The packaging is lovely and sturdy and has a large mirror as well as an awesome brush that I actually use. I advise getting this one if you will *really really really* use a variety of pink eyeshadows. And as always, keep your coloring in consideration! I have dark hair/eyes and olive skin and I can create about 3 distinguishable eye looks with this palette, even when using totally different shades. I really like those looks, but still. My fair-skinned, blonde, blue-eyed best friend rocks her Naked3 a hundred different ways and they all look awesome and make her eyes look like glass marbles.

I find most of the shades to be of quality and easily blended with good longevity over a primer. There are some that are better than others (for example, I can't get Trick to work for me, which sucks because it's very pretty). Honestly, these aren't the most amazing eyeshadows on the market - but they are still very good. There's definitely lots of fallout but it's not unmanageable (I advise doing your eyes before everything else when using it).

It's tough for me to coordinate my other makeup when wearing this. You REALLY have to make sure your blush doesn't clash, and your lipstick choices are kinda limited (at least for me).

Another gripe I have (and not just with this palette, but with all the Naked palettes) is that the everyday shades (Strange, Limit, Nooner) that you'll probably use every single time should come in larger pans. I've hit hardcore pan on 3 shades in my Naked 1 and the others still have tons of product left.

In summary, this isn't a must have palette or the only one you should have in your collection if you're really into neutral shadows. For $54, make sure you absolutely love the shades and that they'll work for you. I'm going to keep it, and probably use it a lot, but I still don't find it very versatile. 3.5 stars for me, 4 stars for overall quality.

on 12/25/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a long time to really make my mind up on this palette. I’ve had it for about a year so I think I’ve finally formed a full opinion. TL;DR: mediocre, although there are a few pretty great shades in here.

I have pretty high expectations for palettes, especially if I’m going to spend over $50 on it. Plus I’m just an eyeshadow snob. I don’t think buying this particular palette is worth it because overall, the eyeshadow texture is dryer and hard to blend especially compared with previous naked palettes. I thought I *had* to have this palette because I’m obsessed with rose gold and the pinks just looked amazing. Unfortunately, there simply isn’t enough diversity in this palette. I can’t really create a number of looks with it, not much beyond two basic ones before they all start to look very similar. My biggest gripe was probably the lack of diversity in shade. I find the shades are just duller in real life. Some of these photos make them look more vibrant.

So on to the shades. The all-star shades in here for me are nooner, blackheart, and strange.
- Nooner is an amazing transition shade that creates a lot of depth when applied to the crease for most looks, and of course the signature rosey gold look. I find myself using this whenever I’m doing a smokey eye, just add this above your dark crease colors along with a softer brown and voila. How I wish UD had this in their full eyeshadows!
- Strange is a perfect matte, subtle highlight for everyday.
- Blackheart is the perfect dark crease color, I almost always end up using this in the outer v as well.
- Limit doesn’t show up on my NW35 skin. A waste.
- Dust has tons and tons of fall out, but I looove using this wet for inner corners or the innermost color. It seriously pops. A cleanup is absolutely required though because it will fall over your face.
- Burnout & Buzz are both pretty good.
- The other shades were almost all useless to me because I found the similar shades in the previous palettes are just more blendable, smooth, and pigmented. And also the fact that there are very similar shades in n1&2..

THE EYEBRUSH: Holy moly. I love this brush. Seriously. The “smaller” end with less bristles is fucking amazing for applying color into the innermost part of eye. I always use this when I wanna apply a dramatic color wet! And the other end is great for packing color into the crease. It offers great precision and applies the color very densely. I wish I could just buy this brush.

This is a beautiful, coppery palette. I like it lot for everyday, softer looks, and it's also easy to combine it with other shades to make more intense looks. I'm a beginner, so I like the soft shades. The shadows are very buttery. There's no smell to the product, which I really like. The included brush is wonderful and versatile for just about everything but lining the eye.

I do agree with everyone that there is a bit of fallout, but there's fallout in almost every eyeshadow. Using a primer keeps it pretty clean (Urban Decay Primer Potion currently), and I don't have any issues without fallout AFTER applying, just during. As long as I use an eye primer, it seems to last very well.

I do wish there was a little more differentiation in shades, but it's still a fabulous palette.

on 12/22/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used 2 different eye shadow palettes. This one and Too Faced Natural Matte. This palette is my absolute favorite out of the Naked palettes. I love the brown and slight pinky tones. Looks great on my skin and with my eyes. I am a matte eye shadow person, not so much a sparkly eye shadow gal but the sparkly tones in this palette are being used quite frequently! I just love the variety in the palette and how each color can be paired with another and not look strange! A must have for your makeup collection!!

on 12/20/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like UD eyeshadows, and I love the neutral tones that flatter my NC25 skin, but I just can't wear eyeshadow with shimmer anymore,and only three of the 12 pans in this palette are matte shades. Lovely colors, but not for me.

on 12/20/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in my 50s and have hazel eyes and the colors in this palette look very good on me and make my eye color pop. I only use the matte and satin shades (I'm too old for the shimmer ones, lol!) and they give me a nice soft romantic look. I especially like the light rosy matte shade and the light pink satin shade. I do a nice soft look with the light pink satin shade on the lid and the light rosy matte shade in the crease (or UD Naked, depending on my mood). The highlighting shades are great when used on the brow bone. I also happen to really like the brush that comes with this palette. The shadows are almost creamy and there's no fallout to speak of. They last all day, although I do use a primer (Clarins or Benefit Stay Don't Stray), which helps. If I want a more dramatic look, I use one of the darker matte shades on the outer third of my eye and this gives me a great look for photos. This is my most used palette. I don't wear shadow on a daily basis, saving it instead for special occasions. I then use a ton of very black mascara to finish off. These colors are great for hazel, blue or brown eyes imo. Although I don't use all the colors, I still think this palette was a great buy. It has unique shades that really work for my eye color. The shadows are very pigmented but not chalky at all. They also blend very easily. This is the only UD palette I own, although I do have several single UD matte shades (the one I use most is Naked). All in all, I definitely recommend this palette and enjoy creating different looks with these colors. It was a very good purchase for me. I'm thinking about buying Naked 2 because I like the consistency of these shadows so much. UD is my favorite eye shadow brand. Sometimes, HE products are not worth the price tag, but in this case, this palette definitely is. The shadows are far superior to anything the drugstore has to offer and the shades are truly extraordinary. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

This palette is definitely in my top three favorites. The colours are pinks and gold and purpley hues and totally wearable when you're going to a neutral look (I'll be honest I rarely do) but they're also smokey and pigmented enough to give you a strong dramatic look. They last all day and if you add some primer, Wow. Just wow. The pigment is incredible, the colours are gorgeous, the packing is sturdy and pretty all at once. Must have palette!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I thought I wouldn't like this palette but it actually looks terrific on my neutral coloring and green eyes. I prefer this out of all the naked palettes, I really like nooner, limit, and darkside especially :)

on 12/15/2015 2:14:00 PM

I wanted this palette for 2 years and I wish I bought it 2 years ago. Definitely my favorite of ALL the nakeds.

I am nc20 w brown hair and eyes. These pinks don't make me look sick at all-- they are so pretty and brightening!

Strange is a perfect shade to obviously highlight or to blend out any of the other shades in the palette. It is such a brightening white pink tone.

Limit is gorgeous as a transition or even all over the lid for a no makeup look.

Liar, factory and mugshot I use these ALL the time as single lid shades for a daytime smokey eye; they are wonderful!

I always get compliments on my eye makeup. One guy even asked if I did my makeup "myself"-- LOL. I do looks so complicated w 5 or 6 shades and don't get comments. But I'll use one color and people will be amazed.

Long story short for quick go to looks or elaborate beautiful romantic eye looks this palette is AMAZING!! I own about 12 eyeshadow palettes and this is definitely in the top 3--- I basically cannot live without this palette.

Oh! And I love how trick is in here to warm up every look. It looks glittery and scary but I use Mac fix + and get ZERO fallout. The same with dust-- probably one of the most complained about shades. If you don't like the glitter burnout is basically exactly the same on the eye minus the glitter, but I personally don't get any fallout with dust so long as I wet my brush-- and for me the color payoff is rather awesome