It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my new HG foundation. I have pretty decent skin minus hormonal breakouts here and there. It is beautiful coverage but doesn't feel like you're wearing anything! Also, I have had the same tube since July of last year and I wear it daily. A little goes a long way. I will never be without this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm obsessed. I have very dry skin with texture and scarring leftover from acne when I was younger, and this covers up everything and looks super dewy. It lasts all day long, and it makes my skin look flawless. I LOOOOVEEE ITT

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- easy to blend
- does not oxidize
- lightweight

CONS

- settles into fine lines
- too dewy/oily

COMMENTS: Very dewy foundation, which gets very oily and very quickly even when worn in cooler weather. It also immediately settles into fine lines and creased around my nose. It does provide good coverage, does not oxidize, and is very easy to blend. I prefer to add some loose translucent powder to help it stay on better, but it does nothing in terms of oil control. It does however, remain lightweight. The shade "medium tan" is too light for my complexion, but the next shade up is also too dark/pink. So, that's also an issue. It does have a blurring effect and while my skin did look nice, it also became greasy looking quite fast. The finish reminds me a lot of L'Oreal's Pro Glow, but with more coverage.

Will not repurchase.

I was turned onto this brand for its good for your skin ingredients and while I did like it I had more con's than pros.
Pro: medium-full coverage, matches great, good for skin ingredients for the most part. Can use sponge or brush.

Cons: I found I broke out more, it didn't help my already oily skin and settles into lines and wrinkles, smears and comes off easy

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My favourite CC ever, in that it performs like a BB coverage wise but actually colour corrects and looks so natural. Effortless to apply as it's easy blending and lasts 6 hours without a primer where other CC creams seem so sheer they sink right in and wear off within a couple hours. Don't love the price but until something comparable comes along, I'll repurchase. It's a daily staple that makes me look pulled together without all the fuss of foundation and it doesn't need any other products to support the longevity or finish. Erases flaws while still looking like skin. Magic.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Its good for BB and people who need few coverage. Not that last long tho.

Stays on very well even when it's hot outside. Very thick product and I don't think it's full coverage as it claims. The lightest shade is a little too dark for me but I can make it work. I still wish they would create lighter shade. Smells nice.

Finally found a foundation that agrees with my skin type (sensitive/Dry)
I live in Singapore so the climate is always hot and humid all year round.
I tested this makeup for 8 hours Without powder it only gets shiny on my nose (which is common).
With powder, it lasts roughly around the 9 - 10-hour mark before I need to powder.
Doesn't emphasizes my dry patches. Really covers my hyperpigmentation.
It's a solid medium - 1 pump / high medium - 2 pumps.

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I'm in the shade TAN which applies dark at first.
as I go about my day it actually lightens a little. not in a bad way
It just looks glowy skin like finish. absolutely love this.

Will most definitely purchase this again.

p.s I only ever tried applying this with a beauty blender.
Will update this review when i try a brush application instead!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I mix in a little of their illuminating CC cream and some of the bronzing as well. A little goes a long way. It lasts all day long and makes me look younger. I love it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I initially purchased this in the shade "fair" on recommendation by 2 Sephora SAs but I found it leaving me looking very pasty and blotchy. Still, I continued using it for a month to make sure its formula and my skin got along great before trying the next darker shade "light", which turned out to be a perfect match. It's been 2 months since.

Love this as my daily light-medium coverage liquid makeup. How I've been wearing it: Wash > lightly moisturise > sunscreen > this CC > concealer on spots > light dusting of loose powder on the oiliest parts. No touchups other than light blotting with tissue midday and I have it on averagely 13 hrs per day almost everyday.

A bit about my over-40 skin: Sensitive, ultra oily, dehydrated, enlarged pores and prone to hormonal breakouts. I also suffer from hyperpigmentation. Living in the tropics also means dealing with heat & humidity year round plus dry air-conditioned air indoors and my sensitive skin is constantly acting up trying to adjust.

And the following is why I love this CC:
- has not caused any allergic reactions nor breakouts (in fact, I dare say my skin complexion seems to have improved slightly)
- looks like skin, never gets cakey even through 13 hours of wear, sweat and oil build up (though skin appearance does becomes uneven due to blotting taking off some of the makeup)
- does not oxidise/darken
- can be applied directly on a freshly washed face (saves time when in a rush)
- applies easily with fingers (I'm lazy with sponges and brushes plus fingers reduce product wastage)
- does not settle into my fine lines (other than my under eye crease lines - but this happens with every other makeup I've used regardless of over primers or not)
- spf 50
- scent is fresh and citrusy (scent dissipates quickly upon application)
- comes in handy travel size

Still, as much as I love it, it isn't perfect. Negatives (for me):
- light to medium coverage blurs but does not hide my spots (so concealer or a foundation over is still a must for when I want to fake a flawless complexion)
- feels and looks oily over my moisturiser and even more so when I add sunscreen over my moisturiser (so some blotting before dusting of loose powder is needed) and that's a fresh application. By midday, my face is so oil-slicked that if I forget to blot, my melting makeup would show lines and smudges where my hair strands brush my face or where my sunglasses sit my face. However, this probably won't be the case for most other people unless you're also super oily by nature
- settles somewhat into my enlarged oily pores no matter how I try different application methods or over special primers (so having the right skin-matching shade makes a huge difference in keeping the dotty-pore look less obvious)
- doesn't feel hydrating without moisturising first (sometimes, my skin will flake the moment the CC cream goes on)
- tad pricey (but worth it based on having used many well known brands ranging from drugstore to high end, which also had their fair share of negatives each)
- very limited range of shades (I'm lucky one works for me)

Do I recommend this? If you find a matching shade and if you don't need full coverage, definitely give it a go. They make minis though these do not come with pumps. They also make a shimmer version of this but as an oily, I'd avoid them. Good luck!