It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is by far my favorite base product. I am on my second tube. The first time around I choose the illumination version because it was summer and I wanted that really glowy look. I still love that formula, but after trying the original I like this one much more. It is just as dewy but without any sparkles. I also think that this formula has slightly more coverage that the illumination version. I use one pump and dot it all around my face then blend in with a RT complexion sponge. I have shade fair and it's the perfect color for me. It definitely has yellow undertones which is perfect for my very light but yellow toned skin. It cancels out any redness and evens my skin out beautifully without looking like a mask. I would say it's a solid medium coverage especially if you blend it in with your fingers, but I prefer a damp sponge to sheer it out a bit. I work from 8am to 5pm and usually don't remove my makeup til around 8pm or later and this lasts all day on my skin. I do set it with the bye bye pores pressed powder. It does crease in my smile lines but there is no product in the world that won't do this imo. It has the same scent as the illumination, a fresh citrus-y scent. Though I do prefer unscented, the smell doesn't bother me because it fades as soon as the product sets. I love that there is spf 50 and anti aging ingredients in this, it makes me feel good about using it on my face everyday. My skin loves this stuff and I actually got a few breakouts when I went makeup free for a week. I can't say enough good things about this product and it will always be a staple in my collection.

If you've read my other reviews, you'd know I love medium to full coverage foundation. I have the bad luck of having both rosacea (beet red cheeks) and psoriasis (dry, patchy uneven skin). So I can't wear sheer foundations. I need high pigment and long wearing foundation.

Pros: I like the packaging. This comes in a tube with a pump. You get a good amount of product, and I don't remember having to use much for coverage. I'd say this is a good medium coverage that you could build up from sheer to medium.

Cons: This does not look natural at all. It applies very patchy and separates with wear. The scent is very overpowering. I don't even mind scented makeup, but HOLY COW does this hit you hard.

If you have non-dry skin it might be worth a shot, but otherwise I'd say skip it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This product gave good coverage, but within 2 hours I was a grease ball. I didn't like that at all. Some may call it dewy, but no.... It was greasy face for sure. I tried mixing it with double wear and it was a little better but overall just not what I look for in a foundation type product. Would probably be great for super dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I'm soooo sad this product didn't work for me. But maybe it will for you. The product comes in an airless pump tube which is awesome. It's a rich, creamy texture and it feels luxurious going on. I love the spf. It's very sheer coverage so great for "great skin" days. It's not the best with oil but looks nice with powder on top to control oil. I also have Bare Minerals complexion rescue. The product seem different but the end product on my skin looks the same. I prefer IT cosmetics packaging and feel of the product. I got the lightest shade. It seemed yellow but worked well on my skin, maybe even neutralized some redness. But...it breaks me out. I'm sooooo sad!! Complexion Rescue does not break me out so I'll be sticking with that.

I'm a foundation hoarder, but this one is something I always come back to. It's such a reliable product. I have dry acne prone skin.

pros:
-solid medium coverage, looks natural
-the shade fair matches me really well (a tiiiiny bit too dark compared to my neck right now, kinda depends on the day/light tho, Im between mac n10 and 15, so pretty fair but not the fairest.)
-spf 50. If i'm spending the day in the outside I would apply a separate legit spf, but this one is enough for day to day.
-the spf is all mineral. which is amazing and i can use it around my eyes. this is a huge plus for me personally.
-non drying

cons
-it has a scent. I like the scent but i prefer unscented products. doesn't irritate my eyes though.
-the crazy claims. ("starts it's life as your anti aging serum" *cringe*)
-there are citrus oils in here. now there should be no phytotoxic reactions since those oils are cosmetic grade and the amount is probably too small AND there is spf 50 in there on top of it, but it's something to keep in mind. I wish they would've left those out.
-the shade range is kinda ridic. one shade darker than fair ('light') is crazy dark and similar to medium. there is only one somewhat dark shade which is pretty light too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dry skin with uneven spots here and there, like most people. I was intrigued by the infomercials and since I was starting to show signs of melasma, I wanted something that promised to cover up the hyperpigmentation. Before buying this, I had never worn all over foundation; only concealer where needed.
I tried this first as the commercial/instructions advised: just all over as both moisturizer and foundation. NOPE! My face was so dry!
So, next time, I put on my normal moisturizer, let that absorb and then tried the foundation, again. NOPE! It seemed to suck out all of the moisture and did not cover anything. I still had to go in with concealer.
Anyway, after 2 years, I still have some product left. I use it to cover those brow hairs that aren't quite ready to be plucked to neaten up that area and around my nose--it perfectly matches those areas. Pretty limiting!
I've gone back to using a special concoction of heavy duty concealers, color correctors and TriLuma to manage the melasma.
After I finish this product off, I'll just buy a drugstore foundation for the eyebrow area. This was pretty pricey.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First of all, I ordered this from Ulta after years of watching the hype on QVC and on infomercials. The packaging is fine, but quite frankly the product did not work for me at all. It was waxy and sort of yellowish in color. I put it on clean skin and it literally sat ON TOP of my skin and never covered redness or imperfections. I could see my skin through the product! I returned it to Ulta. I will stick to my Maybelline Pure BB which covers amazingly well and blends right into my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As I've aged, my once super oily skin now has dry patches and it's been difficult to find a foundation that works for me. This CC cream has been the best I've found. My requirements for a foundation are to not break me out, even my skin tone and cover old acne scars. I use approx 2 1/2 pumps with some spot concealing and it works well for me. I set it lightly with powder and usually wear it approx 10-11 hours a day. It does get oily on my t-zone but a blotting sheet takes care of the shine. This holds up well on my skin, does not break me out and provides the buildable coverage I look for. It does have a lemony smell but it's not terribly strong and doesn't last. I highly recommend this for aging skin; I started with the smallest tube and have repurchased the full size tube with the pump.

I had to change my review because I originally hated this. First of all, I'm finding the shades with IT Cosmetics to be a bit off with different products. I had Bye Bye Undereye in light and it was way too light, I had to mix it with medium. I tried my mom's CC cream in light and it was way too dark for me, so I had to get fair. I'm not sure if actual fair skinned people can use this.

I first used this with an IT Cosmetics brush that came with it (on a shopping network deal) as well as a RT face brush and the results were awful. It was so shiny and wiped off with one touch.I was so sad spending $80 on a big tube that I couldn't use. However, while cleaning out old makeup, I found my old Beauty Blender and this and decided to try it with the BB and WOW! It blended so well, it wasn't as shiny and stayed on so much better somehow. It also made my face feel so soft and smooth, I couldn't stop touching it all day. I like it so much better than foundation and even other BB creams that I swore by.

This is in no way full coverage with a brush or blending sponge, I think it's more of a medium coverage. As cheesy as it sounds, it covers pretty good but still lets your natural beauty shine through. 'Your Skin But Better' is a great way to put it. I can't wait to try the illuminating one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: Olive NC20ish with dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: I really enjoy this product - it somehow manages to give quite high coverage while maintaining a natural slightly glowy finish. It's the highest coverage base that I have in my collection - I would put it at a medium edging towards full.

I tend to reach for this when I'm having the occasional bad skin day or if I'm going out at night. I always apply with a damp beauty blender and find this gives the most skin like result. It lasts very well on my drier skin type but may get too dewy on those with combination-oily skin. I don't tend to set with powder because I enjoy the glow that this provides on its own. It doesn't get cakey and it doesn't highlight dry patches.

I wear Shade Light and it's a decent but not perfect match. It may be too dark for me in the cooler weather so I'll probably have to mix with a lighter foundation shade then. I rate the packaging - a plastic tube with pump top. It's great for traveling and very hygienic. It's also well priced especially considering how much product you get and how little I use during each application.

What I don't like: The fragrance. I'm not a fan of the lemon scent, it reminds me a little of floor polish. I also prefer fragrance free base products because it's an unnecessary potential irritant for sensitive skin. Having said that, I've not noticed any irritation from occasional use of this product.