Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 3/25/2014 3:13:00 PM

I found this CC cream very hard to blend. I may as well wear foundation as to wear this cream. I am pale so I got the "light" shade and the color is okay but even over moisturized skin I could not spread it quick enough unless using a damp makeup sponge. The reason I give it 2 stars is it does contain sunscreen and it does not cause break outs. I am looking for something easier to apply and that is more moisturizing. I don't like when I see makeup "patches" on my face when I am outside. And I spend a lot of time outside.

on 3/24/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. It's hydrating and dewy, but not greasy or shiny. It can be built up to a medium coverage and it lasts well throughout the day. I have shade light-medium and I am NC25/30 and this works well. I love the SPF 30 too!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this last autumn after I realised that I didn't really want to cover my post-holiday skin with heavy foundations. Besides, my skin looked much better than usual (I have hormonal acne and no matter what I do, every now and again I get a few of them...) so I thought it would be a good idea.
With Clinique unroftunately, you have a really good company with fantastic consistencies in foundations/creams (it is, after all, the only company from the big ones that actually has a Anti-blemish range that works too...), but when it comes to foundation shades, it's all massively wrong. Is it me, or all their foundations are red-based? I have the anti-blemish one, the pore minimising one, and all of them look wrong.
And so is the case with this CC cream. I was given shade 'Light/Medium' (I am NC35) and it looks way too pale. In fact, a couple of time when I wore it at work, people asked me if I am OK becaise I look a bit pale...Great, eh? Needless to say, after that, the CC Cream is only for weekend/when I go shopping on my own (and NOT when I go shopping for foundation either!) The only way to save it, is to use a darker powder on top (either Chanel's loose powder in No. 40, or Mac's loose powder in NC30). Coverage actually is quite good for a product that is not a foundation - and that's from a woman who has always a few blemishes here and there!
It's not a bad product at all. It does't seem to make my skin oilier than usual, and it's a real shame that Clinique do something about its shades! I am still using the product every now and again, but to tell you the truth, the colour really puts me off from re-purchagins it again...

on 3/3/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wrote one of the first reviews for this product about a year ago when it first came out. I initially wasn't impressed at all and my review reflected that. I've deleted that review because my thoughts on this product have drastically changed! Over the last four months my skin has become excessively dry and nothing - and I mean nothing - has helped. My entire forehead, nose, chin, mouth, and undereye area were all a yucky, flaky mess. I have a massive collection of various foundations, tinted moisturizers, and BB creams and I tried them all, but they all clung to the flakes and dry patches and looked horrible. I was about to give up on wearing makeup at all except for concealer where I needed it when I decided to try Clinique skincare, and the CC Cream again. I had recently read a review on here from someone who stated how important it was to find the right color match because if it was too light, it wouldn't apply well and would look horrible. When I first tried this product I tried a sample in Light. I didn't even bother putting it on my face because when I tested it on the inside of my wrist it looked way way too dark, so I went back and got a sample in Very Light. That one was way TOO light. It washed me out and it applied unevenly and looked dry and chalky as well. (For reference, I'm an NC15/NARS Gobi.) So I gave up on it and moved on.

This time when I went to the counter, they were out of Very Light so I picked up Light. (I was hoping to get both to mix.) To my surprise, It really wasn't all that dark once applied to my face. It was close enough that I've been able to wear it for the last five days to really test it out, and I love it! It applies smoothly (when applied correctly) and makes my skin look supple, hydrated, youthful, and radiant. It smooths over my pores, really evens out my skin tone perfectly, and can be built up to medium coverage. I started using Clinique skincare at the same time I started wearing this, and my skin looks wonderful. I don't have a single flake or dry patch on my face now. I just wash my face, apply a light layer of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +, and then apply the CC cream with my fingers or a flat top buffing brush. I don't have to set with powder and this stuff lasts a solid 8-10 hours on me, depending on what I'm doing that day. I never get shiny or oily and it keeps my skin hydrated. I'm so impressed with it that I've ordered a tube of the Very Light so I can mix the two to get a perfect match. Getting the right color match - specifically, NOT using a shade that's too light - really makes all the difference. It contains SPF 30 which is awesome, and it also photographs beautifully. Doesn't irritate my moderately sensitive skin, and is fragrance-free. I love this product and will definitely repurchase.

ETA: I hate to make this review even longer than it already was, but I just wanted to get back on here and say that I received my Very Light in the mail yesterday and am wearing it today - alone - and it's my perfect match. I've honestly never had a base product match me this perfectly before. I have to wonder if the sample I tried last year was just "bad" or something, as this applied just as smoothly as the Light did (which I will save for summer now) and is by no means too light for me. It looks beautiful and really brightens up my face! I think I've found my new HG day-to-day base product.

The only reason I bought the CC Cream was because I saw all the adverting on it, and the colour range looked really good.

I am really fair and got the shade Very Light which is a perfect match. Which in normal foundation is really rare, so having this match so perfectly made me automatically love it.

I find it weird that some people say this doesn't offer a good coverage, as I find this offers a better coverage for me then a normal foundation. It does not cake up on me at all and it really does stop any redness or grey/ash areas on my face. It gives the skin a nice natural dewy finish. I find that my skin which is a dry combination work's really great with this CC Cream as I don't even powder over the top and I get no oily patches.

The best way to apply this cream is with a buffing brush. When I apply with my fingers it does go streaky. This product has defiantly saved me so much time in the mornings as there is no need for a primer, powder or sunscreen.

on 2/13/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use it regularly, only when I feel that my skin not in a glowing condition. This cc cream helps me to get that glowing back and it blends perfectly. This ain't felt thick either. This is my favorite!

on 2/11/2014 11:40:00 AM

Love this product gives amazing dewy glow when first applied and sets in to skin nicely I use this everyday as I find a foundation is way to cakey and heavy for the day . Wish there was more of a colour selection though but Will defs be repurchasing !

on 2/9/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A really nice all-in-one skincare product that is easy to apply and stays on without a mask-like look. I'd repurchase but the color selection is limited and in the cold weather the lightest color is too pasty on my complexion and the next lightest color is too dark. Given the price tag, I'm not willing to buy two different colors and mix them together. There are other products out there that match my complexion for the same price or less

on 2/6/2014 5:43:00 AM

Good for everyday use. I just apply this after moisturizing and a blush after. No need for powder as it gives off a matte finish.
Not for night time use though as it gives minimal coverage.

on 1/22/2014 2:24:00 PM

I'm not a huge fan of this product, but I'm using it until it runs out. I wanted something slightly heavier than a tinted moisturizer, but I also wanted it to be light enough that I could wear during the day time and not look like I'm wearing makeup (I hate the cakey look sooo much).

This is not very moisturizing at all. It worked OK in the summer, but now that it's winter, I need to apply this with a damp sponge. In fact, that's the ONLY way I'll apply this - otherwise the coverage is too heavy and it doesn't blend well. I've tried using a foundation brush, my finger, and a stippling brush with poor results.

I will not repurchase this when I'm finished because I'm sure there's more out there, and it's pretty expensive.